wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Fraudulent transfer of title
pyrex
#1 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 1:51:56 PM

Dear Wazuans,
I need some advice/help. I have an ancestral piece of land 1.1 Ha to which a hold a title deed issued in 1993.

Recently I sent a friend to do a search and the result indicates the title is in somebody else name and was issued in 2013. I happen to know this guy and upon inquiring from him, he absolutely denied anything to do with the transfer.

I am kindly seeking advice on how to proceed and restore the title back in my name.

Thank you for the sound advice

Hobitke
#2 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 2:34:05 PM

pyrex wrote:
Dear Wazuans,
I need some advice/help. I have an ancestral piece of land 1.1 Ha to which a hold a title deed issued in 1993.

Recently I sent a friend to do a search and the result indicates the title is in somebody else name and was issued in 2013. I happen to know this guy and upon inquiring from him, he absolutely denied anything to do with the transfer.

I am kindly seeking advice on how to proceed and restore the title back in my name.

You should seek the so called green card for the land.

In another unrelated query, what do you do to a surveyor who has refused to return your title deed?
cyruskulei
#3 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 2:54:03 PM

Hobitke wrote:
pyrex wrote:
Dear Wazuans,

In another unrelated query, what do you do to a surveyor who has refused to return your title deed?

You kill him
Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

Angelica _ann
#4 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 2:56:00 PM

cyruskulei wrote:
Hobitke wrote:
pyrex wrote:
Dear Wazuans,

You kill him

How will that help smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Hobitke
#5 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 3:10:36 PM

cyruskulei wrote:
Hobitke wrote:
pyrex wrote:
Dear Wazuans,

You kill him

I have considered this, but dead men bring forth no titles , plus it would deny me peaceful sleep for a week.
Coolbull
#6 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 3:22:00 PM

pyrex wrote:
Dear Wazuans,

Even if he has denied, have the matter resolved in court. Sue him, the Land Registrar and the Land Board chair.

In your affidavit, indicate that:
- you have never transferred the land to the title holder or any other entity.
- you are still in possession of the original title deed
- you never appeared before the local land board to consent transfer

Pray:-
- to have illegal title canceled
- the registrar ordered to issue you with a new title deed.
- costs to the three parties.

This is a very straight-forward matter - from the facts you have given.

Please please, do not allow to resolve this matter out of court. The Registrar and local land board chair might ask you to. You might be lucky if they are not the same individuals who handled the fraudulent transfer.

Most likely the thief won't appear in court. The government officials might also not turn up. That will give you a smooth sail.

If you agree resolving this out of court, you risk having the same being repeated in the future. Washa moto kubwa.

By now you should have:-
- Placing a caveat/caution on the land
- put a sign on the plot reading: Grabbers will be prosecuted| Land not on sale| By owner 0722100100 (put your number).
- stopped any activity on the land, including grazing harmless goats and hens.

...washa moto kubwa.

Coolbull
#7 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 3:31:16 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
[quote=cyruskulei][quote=Hobitke][quote=pyrex]Dear Wazuans,
I

How did he come to be in possession of your title? Had you given him/her an undertaking to sub-divide land for you? If so, did you pay all the AGREED fees?

If you did not engage him, first place a caveat on the land to stop him from transacting using your title then write to him asking him to return your legal documents within 7/14/21 days or else you sue.
pyrex
#8 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 5:23:39 PM

Thanks for the opinions so far expressed.
I have already put a caveat/caution on the land and tomorrow will be going to the advocate for advice
Chaka
#9 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 5:59:48 PM

How did you put a caveat if you are not reflecting as the current owner?

pyrex wrote:
I have already put a caveat/caution on the land and tomorrow will be going to the advocate for advice

murchr
#10 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 6:39:01 PM

Hawa wezi wa mashamba wata maliza watu. Why is the lands ministry so corrupt with no consequences?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
maka
#11 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 7:04:28 PM

murchr wrote:
Hawa wezi wa mashamba wata maliza watu. Why is the lands ministry so corrupt with no consequences?

Because Uhuru is the President...
possunt quia posse videntur
Swenani
#12 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 7:21:04 PM

maka wrote:
murchr wrote:

Yawa!
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
murchr
#13 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 8:01:37 PM

maka wrote:
murchr wrote:

Kwani walianza 2013? Lawyers are the biggest title thieves
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Angelica _ann
#14 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 8:12:43 PM

Swenani wrote:
maka wrote:
murchr wrote:

Yawa!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
urstill1
#15 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 8:47:31 PM

murchr wrote:

The email provided by the Ministry of lands on their website doesn't function. That's where they want us to report such cases. If you have such a case never allow the ministry to solve it, take it to the courts.
Coolbull
#16 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 10:25:52 PM

urstill1 wrote:
murchr wrote:

The email provided by the Ministry of lands on their website doesn't function. That's where they want us to report such cases. If you have such a case never allow the ministry to solve it, take it to the courts.

Very important. Never allow the ministry to solve such a case. Go to court and don't be swayed. You'd rather be in court for 5 years and nyorosha kila kitu.
obiero
#17 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 11:10:23 PM

Coolbull wrote:
urstill1 wrote:
murchr wrote:

Very important. Never allow the ministry to solve such a case. Go to court and don't be swayed. You'd rather be in court for 5 years and nyorosha kila kitu.

The government has failed its citizens

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Chaka
#18 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 3:20:57 PM

Can someone pls tell me the cost of lodging a caution i,e how much would be paid to the ministry of lands and what would be a reasonable lawyer's fee?

Coolbull wrote:

- put a sign on the plot reading: Grabbers will be prosecuted| Land not on sale| By owner 0722100100 (put your number).

...washa moto kubwa.

mkeiy
#19 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 1:35:53 PM

Chaka wrote:
How did you put a caveat if you are not reflecting as the current owner?

pyrex wrote:

You don't have to be the owner, you just need to have interest in the said plot.
mkeiy
#20 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 1:49:22 PM

Chaka wrote:
Can someone pls tell me the cost of lodging a caution i,e how much would be paid to the ministry of lands and what would be a reasonable lawyer's fee?

Coolbull wrote:

...washa moto kubwa.

The last time I checked,some time last year, it was 15k. All the charges (lawyer's fee & lands registry fee).

The amounts may vary,per lawyer!