wazua Sat, Apr 27, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Extreme Sexual Harassment
Coolbull
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 10:10:56 PM

It reads like a movie script but it is not. It is something someone's wife, sister, daughter, cousin has gone through.

The situation at Uhuru Secondary school is just harrowing. I am yet to recover...I am just hoping it is not true.

Read it here.
murchr
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 11:37:58 PM

Kweli hii ni jungle republic. This is happening in a sch which is in the capital? As in even other teachers join in to rough up a colleague?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
harrydre
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 5:40:24 AM

murchr wrote:
Kweli hii ni jungle republic. This is happening in a sch which is in the capital? As in even other teachers join in to rough up a colleague?

Idiet should be jailed for life! Useless jinga kabisa.
i.am.back!!!!
Angelica _ann
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 7:26:01 AM

What do you mean by extreme????Sad Sad Sad
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
tycho
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 7:39:12 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:

Beyond socially permitted levels.
Swenani
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 9:15:44 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:

I was about to ask what is the normal/accepted sexual harassment?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
tycho
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 10:16:10 AM

Swenani wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

I think there's an accepted level of sexual harassment. And it seems to emerge from what we may call 'normal' courtship behavior. I think that's a reason why those who've been 'taken' wear a ring.
Much Know
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 11:03:33 AM

tycho wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

I think there's an accepted level of sexual harassment. And it seems to emerge from what we may call 'normal' courtship behavior. I think that's a reason why those who've been 'taken' wear a ring.

Any kind of sexual harassment is stupid even just the thought, in a Taliban Area, or even among Indians where we have 'arranged weddings", such a sex oriented "thinking" about courtship does not exist and is therefore not a "necessity" in any way to normalize anything, perhaps to a psycho, perhaps to destroy.

"Accepted" by who? Freedom cannot allow for such a concept, it is a certain pointer to "cognitive mal-development", even looking at the well known Maslows Hierarchy, people obsessed with sexual ideas rank way below in development, same as people who don't get enough food, and so is their thinking directed. Those men who research claims think of sex 99% of the time, the cheap subjects in Freuds research.

The only decent 'sexual behavior' is really "foreplay", particularly at work, you must be knowing that you are going to eat the targeted recipient, and even the recipient (lady) should be submissive beyond this, you are infringing into someones private space and creating useless nyeges....enda night club or something or just chill and meditate peacefully.
A New Kenya
kaka2za
#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 11:08:26 AM

Swenani wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Winking?
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
hardwood
#10 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 11:16:27 AM

Sad but I had to laugh coz of this......

Quote:
“And so he (principal) asked me,” ‘Have you ever tasted a Luo?’

“And I told him, Sir, is a Luo a meal in any of the hotels?”
Swenani
#11 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 11:26:04 AM

Much Know wrote:
tycho wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Any kind of sexual harassment is stupid even just the thought, in a Taliban Area, or even among Indians where we have 'arranged weddings", such a sex oriented "thinking" about courtship does not exist and is therefore not a "necessity" in any way to normalize anything, perhaps to a psycho, perhaps to destroy.

"Accepted" by who? Freedom cannot allow for such a concept, it is a certain pointer to "cognitive mal-development", even looking at the well known Maslows Hierarchy, people obsessed with sexual ideas rank way below in development, same as people who don't get enough food, and so is their thinking directed. Those men who research claims think of sex 99% of the time, the cheap subjects in Freuds research.

The only decent 'sexual behavior' is really "foreplay", particularly at work, you must be knowing that you are going to eat the targeted recipient, and even the recipient (lady) should be submissive beyond this, you are infringing into someones private space and creating useless nyeges....enda night club or something or just chill and meditate peacefully.

Are you trying to say it's okay to sexually harass ladies in a club or it's my selective reading, thinking and comprehension?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
tycho
#12 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 11:40:33 AM

@Much Know, are you excusing sexual harassment by ascribing lack of development among the perpetrators?

In any case, do you think one needs to be obsessed with sex to harass another?

Naturally, we prefer not to look at the dark side of ourselves. But when I look; I see the clergyman, the yogi, the philosopher... everyone being implicated. Or are we talking about under-developed yogis?

But maybe I should ask; why is it so difficult to legislate on sexual harassment across the world?

I have a simple answer; the dark side, the 'evil' is almost always more powerful than the 'good'. It takes over the legislator's tongues and minds.
Much Know
#13 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 11:40:44 AM

Swenani wrote:
Much Know wrote:
tycho wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Are you trying to say it's okay to sexually harass ladies in a club or it's my selective reading, thinking and comprehension?

"Sexual Behavior", please soma vizuri, There are "wicked" women waiting to do sexual behavior that will not necessarily end up in sex e.t.c, and it can be quite some fun, there also some moron sexual "demons" in club sk, but any kind of this behavior at work is unacceptable. SELF CONTROL at work must be emphasized, particularly a persons freedom if you want great results from business and organisation. There are some real idiots i tell, even if the woman is married, then you hear killings e.t.c, of your employees. Usichanganye kazi na michezo tafadhali Shame on you at least in my books.
A New Kenya
Much Know
#14 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 11:58:50 AM

tycho wrote:
@Much Know, are you excusing sexual harassment by ascribing lack of development among the perpetrators?

In any case, do you think one needs to be obsessed with sex to harass another?

Naturally, we prefer not to look at the dark side of ourselves. But when I look; I see the clergyman, the yogi, the philosopher... everyone being implicated. Or are we talking about under-developed yogis?

But maybe I should ask; why is it so difficult to legislate on sexual harassment across the world?

I have a simple answer; the dark side, the 'evil' is almost always more powerful than the 'good'. It takes over the legislator's tongues and minds.

There are sufficient basis to show infants are capable of making moral judgement based on inbuilt mechanisms that even use legal concepts such as criminal intent in decision making by the time they are toddlers. That said, i hope you understand my emphasis that there are no "reasonable" and clever arguments based on pseudo scientific or metaphysical definitions to support what is plainly morally objectionable, simple! SEXUAL Harassment of any kind is wrong. Why does someone have to sexually harass someone? Can't you control yourself? IT is a matter of "poor self control" and hence mal-development of related cognitive capacities related to the same e.g anal retentive behavior, and failure to develop through this stage properly. i.e A child who was not taught toilet manner properly will have "self control" issues. Someone who cannot DELAY gratification. Want's INSTANT gratification by force. Is that a properly developed human being? Don't seek to justify perverted behavior by some "logic" just because you practice the same and envision yourself and your ideas as a standard, if you introspect properly you will see the ideas you are promoting/explaining are bad!
A New Kenya
tycho
#15 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:05:16 PM

Imagine a man dropping off a matatu and because he had an altercation with the makanga, he shows the middle finger and shouts, "I'll f*** you!"

Would you consider that as harassment to the makanga, and or to the ladies or just say people around?
Anti_Burglar
#16 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:24:49 PM

tycho wrote:
Imagine a man dropping off a matatu and because he had an altercation with the makanga, he shows the middle finger and shouts, "I'll f*** you!"

Would you consider that as harassment to the makanga, and or to the ladies or just say people around?

That man, he has definitely harassed himself. Unless his perception is of the other kind.
Angelica _ann
#17 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:41:37 PM

Harassment constitutes any verbal or physical behaviour which is deliberate, unsolicited and unwelcome. This includes unwelcome remarks, jokes, innuendoes about a person’s body attire, leering, practical jokes which cause awkwardness or embarrassment, and acts which cause humiliation, insult or intimidation.

Others forms include:
•Verbal harassment in the form of derogatory comments or slurs.
•Physical harassment in the form of assault, impeding or blocking movement, any physical interference with normal work or movement.
•Visual harassment through derogatory posters or drawings.
•Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favours and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature.

So where does ‘normal or whatever’ end and extreme start, i would be interested to know?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
mkenyan
#18 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 3:13:42 PM

Swenani wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

of course there is none. but you are a strange person to ask that question rhetorically. given your history of sexually harassing wazua ladies (i wonder why wazua admin actually allows it), i doubt that you actually believe that there is no normal sexual harassment.
Coolbull
#19 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 9:45:01 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:

Harassment happens at different levels.

If you are fired or demoted because you said NO, that can be said to be mild when compared to if your boss touches you physically; pulls you toward himself, gets hold of your boobs or butt - now that is extreme harassment.

I did not intend to mean like there is okay/normal harassment. I was looking at the degree.

A burn is a burn but at time we talk of the degree of the burn. Low or high the victim has suffered.

Tumeelewana? Smile.
Impunity
#20 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 11:50:34 PM

Coolbull wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Harassment happens at different levels.

If you are fired or demoted because you said NO, that can be said to be mild when compared to if your boss touches you physically; pulls you toward himself, gets hold of your boobs or butt - now that is extreme harassment.

I did not intend to mean like there is okay/normal harassment. I was looking at the degree.

A burn is a burn but at time we talk of the degree of the burn. Low or high the victim has suffered.

Tumeelewana? Smile.

I have touched boobs severally and they like it.
Just tell them they look nice,hug them n boob them in the mix of it.
They will thank you...women want to feel like women and you do that by appreciating those wonders she is gifted with.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.