39 Pages«<2829303132>»
Other religious discourse
AlphDoti
#581 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2017 7:42:26 PM

Lolest! wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
We shall all be happy when you gain understanding of Matthew 5

Muhammad followed both Christ and Moses (p.b.u.t) as Christ already approved in Matthew 5:17 "I have come not to abolish the law but to fulfill them."

As @guru told you before:
Quote:
the Christians better start believing in the Torah. Otherwise they should be straight and detest the Old Testament and even rebuke it the same way they do the Qur'an! Otherwise leave the Qur'an and Islam alone.

which part of the law do you guys follow? (other questions deleted, next post)

In Islam we follow the law of Muhammad who followed the law of Christ...

We follow the law the prophet left us with Islam. The complete way of life that governs all facets of life, moral, spiritual, political, economical, intellectual etc. The "religion" and "way of life" brings human being back to the natural state of humility, piety, peace and submission. Islam calls people away from the worship of "creation" and calls them towards the worship of the "Creator" and the concept of monotheism uniting us all under one God.

This is the law of Jesus Christ p.b.u.h.
AlphDoti
#582 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2017 7:54:11 PM

Lolest! wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

Muhammad followed both Christ and Moses (p.b.u.t) as Christ already approved in Matthew 5:17 "I have come not to abolish the law but to fulfill them."

Quote:
the Christians better start believing in the Torah. Otherwise they should be straight and detest the Old Testament and even rebuke it the same way they do the Qur'an! Otherwise leave the Qur'an and Islam alone.

Conman Muhammad left you more confused; that scripture is from God, on the other hand it's from man

Which other hand is from man, the below?

Muriel wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Muriel wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
In the meantime:
"Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones." (Psalm 137:9)

"you will eat your babies" (Leviticus 26:27-30)

God "permits no WOMAN to teach or have authority over men; she is TO KEEP SILENT." Timothy 2:11

"He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD." (Deuteronomy 23:1)

Like you insist, those are man-made laws.

At last!!! You confess. Just as the Bible confirms:

Jeremiah 8:8 Says bible has become falsehood: "How can you say 'we are wise, and the law of the Lord is with us'? But behold, the LYING PEN of the SCRIBES has made it into a LIE."

Whatever my confession, all the bad things you accuse Christians of doing from the bible were not really commanded by their God. Their God could not say things like that. Like I said, I am comfortable with that.
Lolest!
#583 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 8:37:09 AM

AlphDoti wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

Quote:

which part of the law do you guys follow? (other questions deleted, next post)

In Islam we follow the law of Muhammad who followed the law of Christ...

We follow the law the prophet left us with Islam. The complete way of life that governs all facets of life, moral, spiritual, political, economical, intellectual etc. The "religion" and "way of life" brings human being back to the natural state of humility, piety, peace and submission. Islam calls people away from the worship of "creation" and calls them towards the worship of the "Creator" and the concept of monotheism uniting us all under one God.

This is the law of Jesus Christ p.b.u.h.

Weren't you following the Torah, unlike Christians? Which part of Mosaic law do you follow?
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Lolest!
#584 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 8:40:53 AM

AlphDoti wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

Quote:

Conman Muhammad left you more confused; that scripture is from God, on the other hand it's from man

Muriel wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Muriel wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
In the meantime:
"Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones." (Psalm 137:9)

God "permits no WOMAN to teach or have authority over men; she is TO KEEP SILENT." Timothy 2:11

"He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD." (Deuteronomy 23:1)

Jeremiah 8:8 Says bible has become falsehood: "How can you say 'we are wise, and the law of the Lord is with us'? But behold, the LYING PEN of the SCRIBES has made it into a LIE."

Whatever my confession, all the bad things you accuse Christians of doing from the bible were not really commanded by their God. Their God could not say things like that. Like I said, I am comfortable with that.

You tell us how you know which parts of scripture are from God and which are from man
AlphDoti
#585 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 3:13:12 PM

Lolest! wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

Quote:

Muriel wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Muriel wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
In the meantime:

You tell us how you know which parts of scripture are from God and which are from man

The Bible says so itself:

Lolest!
#586 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 6:38:56 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

Quote:

Muriel wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Muriel wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
In the meantime:

The Bible says so itself:

How do you tell what is false? Your Quran tells you to follow the earlier scripture, you are the champion of (selective)quoting in this forum

How do you cherry pick the good ones?
T-Bag
#587 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2017 12:40:44 PM

Trinity analogy
The EGG
Shell the Egg
York the Egg
Eggwhite the Egg,
Three parts on one Egg

God the Father
God the Son
God the Holy Spirit
It does mean many gods just one God with three parts and functions.
I AM trust in GOD, I AM belief in THYSELF
AlphDoti
#588 Posted : Monday, March 27, 2017 1:57:12 PM

T-Bag wrote:
Trinity analogy
The EGG
Shell the Egg
York the Egg
Eggwhite the Egg,
Three parts on one Egg

God the Father
God the Son
God the Holy Spirit

Sorry, the rains are here and works have started... dusted by boots and hitting the road(s)...

In the meantime, let us look at John 20:17

Jesus said "I go to my father and your father, to my God and your God"

If Jesus is God, then does this verse mean that God has a God?

Please if @T-bag can explain this verse? smile
T-Bag
#589 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:51:00 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
T-Bag wrote:
Trinity analogy
The EGG
Shell the Egg
York the Egg
Eggwhite the Egg,
Three parts on one Egg

God the Father
God the Son
God the Holy Spirit

Sorry, the rains are here and works have started... dusted by boots and hitting the road(s)...

The Jews wanted to arrest Jesus for “you, being a man, make yourself God” (John 10:33). Jesus did not contradict them. In the end, it is exactly this claim of Jesus that leads to his crucifixion. The high priest asks him: “tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God” (Matthew 26:63). Jesus confirms it. The high priest calls it blasphemy, because Jesus makes himself the equal of God.

In John 10:30 Jesus said: “I and the Father are one.”

Jesus was sentenced to death and nailed to the cross for claiming to be God. But because he actually was God, death could not hold him. On the third day he rose from the grave, proving his claims to be God in the flesh.

After his resurrection, just before he went to heaven, Jesus commanded his disciples to baptise people ‘in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit” (Matthew 28:19). Again, we see the Trinity here in the words of Jesus. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are equal and are equally God.
I AM trust in GOD, I AM belief in THYSELF
AlphDoti
#590 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 4:09:33 PM

T-Bag wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
T-Bag wrote:
Trinity analogy
The EGG
Shell the Egg
York the Egg
Eggwhite the Egg,
Three parts on one Egg

God the Father
God the Son
God the Holy Spirit

The Jews wanted to arrest Jesus for “you, being a man, make yourself God” (John 10:33). Jesus did not contradict them. In the end, it is exactly this claim of Jesus that leads to his crucifixion. The high priest asks him: “tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God” (Matthew 26:63). Jesus confirms it. The high priest calls it blasphemy, because Jesus makes himself the equal of God.

Jesus was sentenced to death and nailed to the cross for claiming to be God. But because he actually was God, death could not hold him. On the third day he rose from the grave, proving his claims to be God in the flesh.

After his resurrection, just before he went to heaven, Jesus commanded his disciples to baptise people ‘in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit” (Matthew 28:19). Again, we see the Trinity here in the words of Jesus. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are equal and are equally God.

So what is the answer: If Jesus is God, then does this verse mean that God has a God?

Nandwa
#591 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 7:27:39 PM

Similar differing views here - in a US class
Quote:
A student says he was suspended from Rollins College for challenging his Muslim professor’s anti-Christian assertions, including her claim that Jesus’ crucifixion never took place.

“Whether religious or not, I believe even those with limited knowledge of Christianity can agree that according to the text, Jesus was crucified and his followers did believe he was divine… that he was ‘God,’” he continued. “Regardless, to assert the contrary as academic fact is not supported by the evidence.”

Just as absolute power corrupts leaders, so does absolute fanaticism blind the people from logic
AlphDoti
#592 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 8:03:36 PM

Nandwa wrote:
Similar differing views here - in a US class
Quote:
A student says he was suspended from Rollins College for challenging his Muslim professor’s anti-Christian assertions, including her claim that Jesus’ crucifixion never took place.

“Whether religious or not, I believe even those with limited knowledge of Christianity can agree that according to the text, Jesus was crucified and his followers did believe he was divine… that he was ‘God,’” he continued. “Regardless, to assert the contrary as academic fact is not supported by the evidence.”

That student should sue the college and the professor. Discrimination based on religion should be condemned in the highest voice. No Muslim professor, or Christian headteachers, or Christian restaurant owner etc... they don't have any excuse to discriminate anyone.

Muslim women kicked out of California restaurant sue for discrimination

CNN: Muslim girl suspended for head scarf

Muslim Discrimination In America: Hijab-Wearing Women Forced To Leave California Restaurant Are Suing

French restaurant 'refuses to serve Muslim customers' because 'all Muslims are terrorists'
Apricot
#593 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 11:18:54 PM

T-Bag wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
T-Bag wrote:
Trinity analogy
The EGG
Shell the Egg
York the Egg
Eggwhite the Egg,
Three parts on one Egg

God the Father
God the Son
God the Holy Spirit

I know it is rare to be in agreement with Alpha, but here are my assertions about the Trinity (as I have researched):

1. The Trinitarian formula was conceived in the 3rd century and codified in the 4th, distant both in time and theology from the period of revelation
2. The Trinitarian formula was completely unknown to the Apostolic Fathers (leaders in the early church because of their close connections with the Apostles)
3. The Trinity is not found in the Old or New Testament either in name or in concept
4. The “achievement” of Pauline theology – The Trinitarian formula – was conceived by men, relying upon the mysticism of Paul, and is in direct conflict with the strict monotheism conveyed in the OT and in the teachings of Jesus.

The only evidence in support of the Trinity are: 1 John, 5: 7 – 8, Matthew 28:19. Such an important concept ought to have received a lot more attention than it got from the gospels, if indeed it was not concocted by later scribes, clergy and authorities in power then.
First time in history we can save the human race by laying in front of the TV and doing nothing. Let's not screw it up
AlphDoti
#594 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 6:38:32 PM

Apricot wrote:
T-Bag wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
T-Bag wrote:
Trinity analogy
The EGG
Shell the Egg
York the Egg
Eggwhite the Egg,
Three parts on one Egg

God the Father
God the Son
God the Holy Spirit

I know it is rare to be in agreement with Alpha, but here are my assertions about the Trinity (as I have researched):

1. The Trinitarian formula was conceived in the 3rd century and codified in the 4th, distant both in time and theology from the period of revelation
2. The Trinitarian formula was completely unknown to the Apostolic Fathers (leaders in the early church because of their close connections with the Apostles)
3. The Trinity is not found in the Old or New Testament either in name or in concept
4. The “achievement” of Pauline theology – The Trinitarian formula – was conceived by men, relying upon the mysticism of Paul, and is in direct conflict with the strict monotheism conveyed in the OT and in the teachings of Jesus.

The only evidence in support of the Trinity are: 1 John, 5: 7 – 8, Matthew 28:19. Such an important concept ought to have received a lot more attention than it got from the gospels, if indeed it was not concocted by later scribes, clergy and authorities in power then.

@Apricot it seems we may be agreeing on what you have posted. It is funny such an important thing, but Jesus himself did not say! If Jesus was God, how could he not say this. You see, Jesus did NOT speak those words. John 1:1 does not prove anything, it is not Jesus speaking. FUNNY, the Gospel of John itself shows Jesus is not God from the very words of Jesus himself!
Apricot
#595 Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2017 8:35:06 PM

@Alpha, I absolutely have no qualms agreeing with you where I perceive mischief. Continuing my argument further:

Mark 16:15-16 says; He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Matthew 28:19 says,” Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit”.

If both are narrating the same story, who got it right and who got it wrong? And since Matthew was written after Mark, are there chances someone saw an opportunity to make some self-serving changes?

John is the last of the canonical gospels authors and I would not be surprised he finds ways to add divinity where it did not exist in the synoptic (1st three) gospels.

First time in history we can save the human race by laying in front of the TV and doing nothing. Let's not screw it up
AlphDoti
#596 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2017 9:58:20 PM

Apricot wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
The sad reality remains; Religion is the worst invention by man.

You do not believe in this, what does it interest you? If you're interested in debating that, please we have atheist thread, meet me there... Otherwise, verbal rhetoric are useless. See the statement below which valid to this day:

Allaah says: "Do they not then consider the Quran carefully? Had it been from other than Allaah, they would surely have found therein much contradictions." Quran 4:82

Islam is perfect, Muslims are not, so don't be confused brother. The Quran where laws of Islam are derived from is 100% the literal word of God: beyond reproach and inviolable. But, Muslims ARE human beings and ARE susceptible to corruption and CAN go on the wrong path.

Similarly, those who call themselves Christians are just human being and they can make mistakes or be corrupted.

@Alpha, as much as you admire and believe in your faith, your extra-ordinary claims cannot go unchallenged. Islam is the youngest of the three main faiths we know and like Christianity has plagiarized many of its teaching from the older religions, especially the Jewish faith. When you claim that it is the literal word of God here, what you want us to believe is this - that God or more accurately angel Gabriel dictated words directly to prophet Mohammed (you don't tell us how literate he was), but that he was able to write and compile the dictation in the form that it is today, totally unchanged! You want us to believe that? Note that any quote from your Koran to explain this does not mean anything to me, and I would expect the same if I was questioning a biblical contradiction.

@Apricot, I can only assume that you're new in Wazua, or you didn't read about this topic back then in 2013.

The Quran was revealed to an illiterate prophet, unlettered prophet, more than 1400 years ago.

It was memorized over a period of 23 years when it was revealed.
- It was memorized by the prophet.
- It was memorized by several of his companions.
- And the prophet reviewed their memorization.
- And angel Gabriel, that brought it to him, reviewed the prophet's memorization of it.
- And so when the prophet passed away his companions had memorized this whole of the Quran under his review.

Since that time, millions of Muslims have memorized the Quran in every age, until this day!
And I almost guarantee you that there is probably at least two or three or four Muslims in every gathering that have memorized the Quran or greater portion of it.

God sent the prophets and messengers with the truth.
- And the last book the Quran, after the Torah of Moses, the Injeel of Jesus, the last book of Quran, God protected it Himself.
- The Quran we have today will never be corrupted because millions of Muslims have memorized it from cover to cover.

QURAN IS THE ONLY SCRIPTURE FROM GOD THAT HAS BEEN RETAINED AS SUCH. IT'S A MIRACLE OF THE QURAN THAT NEVER BE SAID FOR ANY OTHER BOOK.

And as for the contradiction claim, please be my guest. But before you repeat what we already discussed, start from here
Mukiri
#597 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2017 1:30:48 PM

The Bible says if you earnestly seek the face of the Lord, you will find Him... Then again we have Jonahs with all manner of excuses, Sauls persecuters of Christians; that the Lord calls unto Him. So as a Christian, I'm not anxious as I fish for men. Heed the call or not, the Word doth say 'EVERY knee shall bow, and EVERY toungue confess, that HE IS LORD!

Proverbs 19:21
sparkly
#598 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2017 3:21:14 PM

2012 wrote:
Just imagine.

If you know the history of the Roman Empire then you can imagine how impossible it would have been for Rome to believe and follow a Jewish man long after death and make him the centre of their beliefs system and worship.

The Pope was and still is a very powerful politician with the biggest following, yet the doctrine is based on a simple Jewish man called Jesus, whom, even the Jews, his own people, still don't believe he was the messiah while the people who killed him converted to following him. Isn't that fascinating? Why couldn't the powerful Roman Empire have made one of their own the messiah? The world was looking for the fulfillment of a prophecy, for a King to come and rule the world. Julius Caesar, Augustus would have fitted the bill perfectly, infact, at some point they declared themselves gods yet they are nothing but sad history today.

Anyway, I thought you should know. Thinking out loud.

Joseph Atwil posits that Christianity is a creation of the Flavians who sacked Jerusalem and a burnt down Herod's temple around 70 AD.

http://postflaviana.org/...ns-theory-christianity/

Life is short. Live passionately.
Lolest!
#599 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 4:44:35 PM

Quote:
If monotheism makes one a Muslim, is the devil who believes God is one also a Muslim?

smile
AlphDoti
#600 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 12:07:04 PM

Lolest! wrote:
Quote:
If monotheism makes one a Muslim, is the devil who believes God is one also a Muslim?
smile

وَإِذْ قُلْنَا لِلْمَلَائِكَةِ اسْجُدُوا لِآدَمَ فَسَجَدُوا إِلَّا إِبْلِيسَ أَبَىٰ وَاسْتَكْبَرَ وَكَانَ مِنَ الْكَافِرِينَ

And [mention] when We said to the angels, "Prostrate before Adam"; so they prostrated, except for Iblis. He refused and was arrogant and became of the disbelievers [Quran 2:34]

Believing alone is not enough. Even @burglar believes there is a Creator of this universe. But one has to believe in Allah, the Creator of this Universe, and worship Him and do all that He has commanded and abstain from all that He has forbidden.

Then now you are Muslim.