wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<345
Uber as an Investment
Euge
#81 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 9:49:28 PM

....and little cab. I am increasingly using them. One very early morning I paid 790 for a distance that would have cost me 2100 after negotiating and my mouth running dry
Lord, thank you!
quicksand
#82 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 1:51:11 PM

All vehicle owners....Uber is changing tact and forcing riders to pay with a card. Mmewasumbua sana remitting their cut. For instance what they did with my account is this,..they levied a cancellation charge out of the blue, I hadnt summoned a cab. Next time I tried to hail a ride I had to offset the fine but the app would not accept a cash payment. I had to add a card. Immediately I added a card, the fine was set to 0 without a deduction. I could not delete the card, and I can't choose the cash option. Its disabled.
So, the rules have changed. You have to send your drivers out there with enough fuel for the day (a cab I was in just now almost ran out), and you will need to tell your drivers not to cancel on card passengers cause in a very short period of time there will be no cash paying passengers left.
Sayonara.
Lolest!
#83 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 2:01:13 PM

quicksand wrote:
All vehicle owners....Uber is changing tact and forcing riders to pay with a card. Mmewasumbua sana remitting their cut. For instance what they did with my account is this,..they levied a cancellation charge out of the blue, I hadnt summoned a cab. Next time I tried to hail a ride I had to offset the fine but the app would not accept a cash payment. I had to add a card. Immediately I added a card, the fine was set to 0 without a deduction. I could not delete the card, and I can't choose the cash option. Its disabled.
So, the rules have changed. You have to send your drivers out there with enough fuel for the day (a cab I was in just now almost ran out), and you will need to tell your drivers not to cancel on card passengers cause in a very short period of time there will be no cash paying passengers left.
Sayonara.

But most of us don't use cards...
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Swenani
#84 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 2:23:28 PM

Lolest! wrote:
quicksand wrote:
Sayonara.

What do you use? Are you evading taxes?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Angelica _ann
#85 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 3:33:19 PM

Swenani wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
quicksand wrote:
Sayonara.

Most people hear card & only think credit card. So the card can be a debit card?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Lolest!
#86 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 3:49:28 PM

Swenani wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
quicksand wrote:
Sayonara.

Cash and mobile money. But WE use cards a few times in supermarkets, hotels etc
heri
#87 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 1:16:36 PM

How is the UBER business for those in the business ? I am thinking of getting a few car for the business and would appreciate some insights on how the returns are these days

I maybe jumping in late in the day but the few drivers i talk to, they seem to be managing some good returns
KulaRaha
#88 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2018 1:27:22 PM

Lolest! wrote:
quicksand wrote:
Sayonara.

But debit cards are prevalent.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Lolest!
#89 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 10:54:37 AM

Compe
Quote:
On Thursday, EkoRent, a leading Finnish electric mobility company operating under local name EkoRent Africa, announced the launch of Nopia Ride, the first ever full electric mobility service in East Africa.
In the first phase of the investment program, the company has kickstarted operations that is set to see the number of electric vehicles increase to several hundred by the end of the year.

https://www.pulselive.co...n-nairobi-id8709437.html
Lolest!
#90 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2018 1:29:08 PM

Anybody with Nopia reviews?
shanoka
#91 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 6:14:24 PM

kangi wrote:
doubletap wrote:
kangi wrote:

You only need good systems. The biz is growing. I have not one, two or three units, all do more than 60k a month.

Can you elaborate on the system of checks and balances that you use? tw.peas[at]gmail.com or here for all. 60K is net ama gross?

The key person here is the driver. I give instructions that they deposit 2500 everyday by 10am. The vehicles are fitted with tracking gadgets and any trip outside Nbi has to be with my permission. Issues za bundle, fuel and commissions are on their side.By this they have motivation to work for themselves after meeting my target.

I have been checking and the guys mostly take home on average more than 2k per day after expenses and they remain focused.

How is business these days?
winmak
#92 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 7:24:09 PM

are the returns as rosy as they used to be? In Nakuru for instance we have 4 - 5 of these, wasili, safiri, flexy, fika bla bla (the town is rather small).. With all these entrants, how are the returns. One told me he does 40k pm, but I have my doubts
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
whiteowl
#93 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 11:43:34 AM

What are the current rates of return per month for vehicle owners in Uber/Little/Taxify?
Mastermind
#94 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 3:27:44 PM

whiteowl wrote:
What are the current rates of return per month for vehicle owners in Uber/Little/Taxify?

A uber owner told me they get 40k pm.
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.