Taurrus wrote:
CBK only accepted sh.6bn out of 30bn
Uhurunomics tactics screwed this country

Wanted 30B
Offered 35B
Took 6B
kwani hii biz huenda aje?d'oh!

I agree @Ericsonn totally effed up market...@Taurus the governor said he is not taking anymore expensive cash from investors...if your bid was way off the yield curve pole kwako it gets rejected...problem is we will have to borrow externally...
snipermnoma
#585 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:51:08 AM

Taurrus wrote:

Wanted 30B
Offered 35B
Took 6B
kwani hii biz huenda aje?d'oh!

I agree @Ericsonn totally effed up market...@Taurus the governor said he is not taking anymore expensive cash from investors...if your bid was way off the yield curve pole kwako it gets rejected...problem is we will have to borrow externally...

Wow. That is a huge amount that was not accepted. These rejected funds can be chanelled through either a TAP sale or another bond or the bills. If not then borrow externally. We wait and see...
#586 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 10:02:44 AM

Sorry but I see prudence.
On a personal level, would you pick any money thrown at you at exorbitant rates?
Remember only 600 liquid Kenyans want to 'extort' treasury and (over) profit on the backs of 41 million tax payers.

Disclaimer: I quoted 14.000% and anxiously awaiting my fate Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
#587 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 10:56:33 AM

On a personal level, would you pick any money thrown at you at exorbitant rates?
Remember only 600 liquid Kenyans want to 'extort' treasury and (over) profit on the backs of 41 million tax payers.

Disclaimer: I quoted 14.000% and anxiously awaiting my fate Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

14% umepata hiyo...but look at it this way we borrow externally putting pressure on the shilling...any depreciation on the Kshs vs the dollar piles unnecessary pressure on the treasury guys...
#588 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 11:02:24 AM

Interest rate refers to the rate at which you pull capital. If capital is limited then you pay a higher rate to pull capital. Govt is pulling capital at 13.55%. It's a market based on auction willing buyer willing seller.

So What you talking about brod'oh! d'oh! d'oh! damn economics should be made a compulsory subject in high school.
#589 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 11:19:53 AM

14% umepata hiyo...but look at it this way we borrow externally putting pressure on the shilling...any depreciation on the Kshs vs the dollar piles unnecessary pressure on the treasury guys...

Pole umehata...iza bro.
actuarywahisa
#590 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 11:39:27 AM

Interest rate refers to the rate at which you pull capital. If capital is limited then you pay a higher rate to pull capital. Govt is pulling capital at 13.55%. It's a market based on auction willing buyer willing seller.

So What you talking about brod'oh! d'oh! d'oh! damn economics should be made a compulsory subject in high school.

When someone gives you an offer you consider exhorbitant you have the right to reject it and then hopefully they reduce their price.
There are too many opportunities all around. Open your eyes and maybe you'll spot one
actuarywahisa
#591 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 12:08:29 PM

In any case there is always the option of revising the budget down and/or cutting down on excesses.
There are too many opportunities all around. Open your eyes and maybe you'll spot one
#592 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 12:19:54 PM

Read again, sir
#593 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 12:30:46 PM

You mean one gets the % you quote? thought final % is uniform.
#594 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 12:48:39 PM

Taurrus wrote:

Go back to the issue prospectus...go to 14% and check how much you will pay per 100.
snipermnoma
#595 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 7:26:11 PM

Taurrus wrote:

Go back to the issue prospectus...go to 14% and check how much you will pay per 100.

Wenye walipata kudos to them. @pesanane did you get? Looks like your bid was just within the limit.
#596 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 7:39:02 PM

Btw on this small lots the difference is negligible....just bid at average to avoid missing.
#597 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 3:35:10 PM

Tap Sale, PAP! Applause Applause

#598 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 4:32:31 PM

snipermnoma wrote:
Taurrus wrote:

Wenye walipata kudos to them. @pesanane did you get? Looks like your bid was just within the limit.

Cut off was 13.6%, how did you get 14% unless you are a chosen one like Waiguru...smile
#599 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 4:44:28 PM

snipermnoma wrote:
Taurrus wrote:

Cut off was 13.6%, how did you get 14% unless you are a chosen one like Waiguru...smile

Check....#589
#600 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 4:55:24 PM

snipermnoma wrote:
Taurrus wrote:

Check....#589

Was hopeful.....but missed.
But here comes second chance. 13.555 is no different from 14% for we small people