wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Interference of Average security buying price Alert!!
ARAP CHARLES
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 8:31:01 PM

I bought a few Safaricom shares last year at 18.90cts at once after all the charges have been settled. When I checked on the last weeks of January 2017 the price was 19.33cts, then i thought it will recorrect itself after a while since I thought may be it is system error. To DATE the average price is still 19.33cts. my question is could there be someone who has hacked my account and reviewed the average price or there are some new charges that i dont know. WASUA PLEASE HELP I FIND THIS SERIOUS!!
Watch and Listen and Live
Gatheuzi
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 8:38:16 PM

ARAP CHARLES wrote:
I bought a few Safaricom shares last year at 18.90cts at once after all the charges have been settled. When I checked on the last weeks of January 2017 the price was 19.33cts, then i thought it will recorrect itself after a while since I thought may be it is system error. To DATE the average price is still 19.33cts. my question is could there be someone who has hacked my account and reviewed the average price or there are some new charges that i dont know. WASUA PLEASE HELP I FIND THIS SERIOUS!!

Difference is 2.28% so it must be the commissions. Please rest easy bro. No hacking there.Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
ARAP CHARLES
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 8:46:44 PM

Gatheuzi wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:

Difference is 2.28% so it must be the commissions. Please rest easy bro. No hacking there.Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Actually, the commission part I understand. if I buy tomorrow kenya airways at 6.00cts. does it mean that the average price will be 6.30cts even if the price drops to 4.50cts. I Believe the price you put or requested should be exactly 6.00cts NOTHING CHANGES HERE!! The margin that changes is the profit/loss margin that will show your the changes not the the buying nor the selling price.
watesh
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 8:49:44 PM

ARAP CHARLES wrote:

Did you buy them though an online platform or was someone else doing the buying for you at the stock broker's office?
ARAP CHARLES
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 8:55:48 PM

watesh wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:

Did you buy them though an online platform or was someone else doing the buying for you at the stock broker's office?

I bought them online last year JULY 21st. My purchases range between 18.90cts and 19.10cts
hisah
#6 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 6:29:41 AM

ARAP CHARLES wrote:
watesh wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:

Did you buy them though an online platform or was someone else doing the buying for you at the v stock broker's office?

I bought them online last year JULY 21st. My purchases range between 18.90cts and 19.10cts

The system is capturing your buying price plus commission paid. This is a nice thing since it shows your absolute cost. To break even you need to sell at 19.33 plus sale commission (1.8% or 2.1% depending on the sale size). Most people forget to factor in these buy and sell costs. If day trading is introduced with such high buy/sell costs, it will be a dead product.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
ARAP CHARLES
#7 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 11:02:54 AM

hisah wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:
watesh wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:

Did you buy them though an online platform or was someone else doing the buying for you at the v stock broker's office?

The system is capturing your buying price plus commission paid. This is a nice thing since it shows your absolute cost. To break even you need to sell at 19.33 plus sale commission (1.8% or 2.1% depending on the sale size). Most people forget to factor in these buy and sell costs. If day trading is introduced with such high buy/sell costs, it will be a dead product.

there is still a problem.... so when i sell at 19.33cts does it mean it will not attract the standard commission and by the way at 18.90cts iam still charged the commission. so then if this is the case then the buying price SHOULD HAVE BEEN 18.90CTS. I strongly believe i have been short changed here.

I have not seen such price changes in my portfolio ever since
bartum
#8 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 3:54:35 PM

ARAP CHARLES wrote:
hisah wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:
watesh wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:

there is still a problem.... so when i sell at 19.33cts does it mean it will not attract the standard commission and by the way at 18.90cts iam still charged the commission. so then if this is the case then the buying price SHOULD HAVE BEEN 18.90CTS. I strongly believe i have been short changed here.

@arap charles which is your broker
ARAP CHARLES
#9 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 4:28:28 PM

bartum wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:
hisah wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:
watesh wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:

@arap charles which is your broker

I am still collecting factual information about this. let them give me the truth before wazuans wasua out vividly.
ARAP CHARLES
#10 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 4:37:56 PM

Gatheuzi wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:

Gatheuzi,
if you bought 100 BBK shares at 18.00cts then bought the rest at 17.00, 16.00, 13.00, 12.00 then 11.00, 9.00, 8.00, 7.00cts (100SHARES@) then assuming last year the average YOU SAW WAS 12.80cts then how comes this YEAR 2017 THE AVERAGE GOES UP TO 14.48CTS..
Gatheuzi
#11 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 7:07:41 AM

ARAP CHARLES wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:

Gatheuzi,
if you bought 100 BBK shares at 18.00cts then bought the rest at 17.00, 16.00, 13.00, 12.00 then 11.00, 9.00, 8.00, 7.00cts (100SHARES@) then assuming last year the average YOU SAW WAS 12.80cts then how comes this YEAR 2017 THE AVERAGE GOES UP TO 14.48CTS..

Is this after making new purchases? If not then I will simply compute my average price and ignore the system price. While at it, include commisions.
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
obiero
#12 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 7:17:22 AM

Gatheuzi wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:

Gatheuzi,

Is this after making new purchases? If not then I will simply compute my average price and ignore the system price. While at it, include commisions.

Why look at the buy price instead of the number of shares held? Did you not pay for the transactions at the time of purchase?

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
ARAP CHARLES
#13 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 9:16:22 AM

obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:

Gatheuzi,

Why look at the buy price instead of the number of shares held? Did you not pay for the transactions at the time of purchase?

The prices here are precisely set! when purchasing i clearly saw the trading charges and commissions are well factored. why then is it affecting my average price. BECAUSE as it is as usual when you buy below your average price you are averaging it DOWN same as when you are buying above your average price you are averaging UP!!

When you buy MILK AT 50.00 for example. THE TAXES ARE INCLUSIVE right! after buying the receipt will not show 55.00 it will show you 50.00 with the breakdown of the charges.
if i do my own calculations i will simply be charged 4times in commisions when i buy and sell any security.
sparkly
#14 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 2:29:42 PM

ARAP CHARLES wrote:
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:

Gatheuzi,

The prices here are precisely set! when purchasing i clearly saw the trading charges and commissions are well factored. why then is it affecting my average price. BECAUSE as it is as usual when you buy below your average price you are averaging it DOWN same as when you are buying above your average price you are averaging UP!!

When you buy MILK AT 50.00 for example. THE TAXES ARE INCLUSIVE right! after buying the receipt will not show 55.00 it will show you 50.00 with the breakdown of the charges.
if i do my own calculations i will simply be charged 4times in commisions when i buy and sell any security.

Si you just calculate your Average... what's wrong with you?
Life is short. Live passionately.
Spikes
#15 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2017 2:50:44 PM

sparkly wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:
obiero wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:

Gatheuzi,

Si you just calculate your Average... what's wrong with you?

Simple mathematics
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
ARAP CHARLES
#16 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 10:37:05 AM

Thanks people for the ideas... I will revisit my broker today for finer details about this. The information i got from them was.. they will forward this to the IT GUYS. IT IS AN ISSUE. They were not able to interpret why the average was up! Quite fishy. I have done my calculations... but there is this mysterious prices in my portfolio that is why i posted to the wasuans...
sparkly
#17 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 1:45:41 PM

ARAP CHARLES wrote:
Thanks people for the ideas... I will revisit my broker today for finer details about this. The information i got from them was.. they will forward this to the IT GUYS. IT IS AN ISSUE. They were not able to interpret why the average was up! Quite fishy. I have done my calculations... but there is this mysterious prices in my portfolio that is why i posted to the wasuans...

Again how is it an issue if it does not affect the amount of money you actually spent?
Life is short. Live passionately.
Aguytrying
#18 Posted : Thursday, March 02, 2017 2:23:00 PM

sparkly wrote:
ARAP CHARLES wrote:

Again how is it an issue if it does not affect the amount of money you actually spent?

exactly calculating average buying price is your job. not stock broker. I never used my brokers average prices, they are normally wrong
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself