wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

30 Pages«<2425262728>»
Kenya Re - what gives?
Ebenyo
#501 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2017 7:04:17 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
[quote=Ericsson]“Kenya Re’s operating results during the first nine months of 2016 were ahead of those achieved during the same period of 2015"

In light of Kenya-Re's need for more capital coupled with its almost "dislike" for borrowed funds, I would venture to say that I envisage an issuing of bonus shares. A 2011 deja vu experience might very well be in the offing for the stockholders.

Bonus shares add no value but simply a movement of numbers from one line to another.

The only insurance counter in my portfolio.i hope for the best.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
obiero
#502 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2017 8:42:05 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
[quote=Ericsson]“Kenya Re’s operating results during the first nine months of 2016 were ahead of those achieved during the same period of 2015"

In light of Kenya-Re's need for more capital coupled with its almost "dislike" for borrowed funds, I would venture to say that I envisage an issuing of bonus shares. A 2011 deja vu experience might very well be in the offing for the stockholders.

Bonus shares add no value but simply a movement of numbers from one line to another.

Hope is not an investment strategy.. Fair price for the share is KES 15. Today it touched KES 19.05 https://www.nse.co.ke/ma...tatistics&Itemid=190

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
sparkly
#503 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2017 9:05:15 PM

obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
[quote=VituVingiSana][quote=Ericsson]“Kenya Re’s operating results during the first nine months of 2016 were ahead of those achieved during the same period of 2015"

Hope is not an investment strategy.. Fair price for the share is KES 15. Today it touched KES 19.05 https://www.nse.co.ke/ma...atistics&Itemid=190[/quote]

You are not qualified to discuss Kenya-Re. Stick to your circle of competence.
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#504 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2017 9:35:56 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
[quote=VituVingiSana][quote=Ericsson]“Kenya Re’s operating results during the first nine months of 2016 were ahead of those achieved during the same period of 2015"

Hope is not an investment strategy.. Fair price for the share is KES 15. Today it touched KES 19.05 https://www.nse.co.ke/ma...atistics&Itemid=190[/quote]

Panganga.. Held the stock years back and it gave me a profit, but now it's just a pale shadow of its former self

Ericsson
#505 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2017 10:16:25 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

Panganga.. Held the stock years back and it gave me a profit, but now it's just a pale shadow of its former self

What about KQ,HFCK and Co-op.
They are worse off
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#506 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2017 10:29:32 PM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

They are worse off

COOP worse off in what sense

Ericsson
#507 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2017 10:49:26 PM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

They are worse off

Share price performance and dividend.
The high prices kenya re has achieved coop has been unable
Ebenyo
#508 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2017 11:33:15 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Hope is not an investment strategy.. Fair price for the share is KES 15. Today it touched KES 19.05 https://www.nse.co.ke/ma...t-statistics/index.php?
myfilter=70&option=com_marketstats&view=statistics&Itemid=190

well done sparky! speculators waachane na long term investors! vvs,aguy,sparky,ebenyo,ericson are long term investors! we know why we are in kenya re and not in britam or cic.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
obiero
#509 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2017 7:20:10 AM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

They are worse off

Excuse you.. Everyone knows the all time high of COOP plus multiple bonus issues

Ericsson
#510 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2017 8:10:21 AM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

They are worse off

Excuse you.. Everyone knows the all time high of COOP plus multiple bonus issues

Obiero
Put here the figure of coop bank all time high we compare.Figures don't lie.
Coop has issued two bonus share issues while Kenya Re one.
obiero
#511 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2017 5:52:12 PM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

They are worse off

Obiero

Figures don't lie, tomorrow we touch KES 18 zone.. A fake rally has come to a grinding halt https://www.nse.co.ke/ma...tatistics&Itemid=190

sparkly
#512 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2017 10:32:01 PM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
[quote=Ebenyo][quote=VituVingiSana][quote=Ericsson]“Kenya Re’s operating results during the first nine months of 2016 were ahead of those achieved during the same period of 2015"

They are worse off

Obiero

Figures don't lie, tomorrow we touch KES 18 zone.. A fake rally has come to a grinding halt https://www.nse.co.ke/ma...atistics&Itemid=190[/quote]

We welcome even Kshs 10 per share.
VituVingiSana
#513 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2017 11:16:33 PM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

They are worse off

Obiero

Figures don't lie, tomorrow we touch KES 18 zone.. A fake rally has come to a grinding halt https://www.nse.co.ke/ma...atistics&Itemid=190

Quality at 10 or 20 unlike some firms we know which can't even pay their bills without getting handouts.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#514 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 5:42:16 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

They are worse off

Obiero

Figures don't lie, tomorrow we touch KES 18 zone.. A fake rally has come to a grinding halt https://www.nse.co.ke/ma...atistics&Itemid=190

Quality at 10 or 20 unlike some firms we know which can't even pay their bills without getting handouts.

KES 18 zone well and truly breached https://www.nse.co.ke/ma...tatistics&Itemid=190

guru267
#515 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 6:55:15 PM

This is a good company at a cheap price.... Simply means that it is a buy!
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
obiero
#516 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 7:34:10 PM

guru267 wrote:
This is a good company at a cheap price.... Simply means that it is a buy!

Agreed. The cheaper the price, the better

obiero
#517 Posted : Wednesday, March 08, 2017 6:05:01 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
[quote=Ebenyo][quote=VituVingiSana][quote=Ericsson]“Kenya Re’s operating results during the first nine months of 2016 were ahead of those achieved during the same period of 2015"

They are worse off

Obiero

KES 18 zone well and truly breached https://www.nse.co.ke/ma...atistics&Itemid=190[/quote]
Today's closing KES 19.25.. Closer to the fair value

Ericsson
#518 Posted : Thursday, March 09, 2017 10:42:04 AM

obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:

They are worse off

Obiero

KES 18 zone well and truly breached https://www.nse.co.ke/ma...atistics&Itemid=190[/quote]

We await dividend of ksh.0.8-0.9 per share later this month.
The lower it gets the more we buy.
This is an oasis
VituVingiSana
#519 Posted : Thursday, March 09, 2017 2:25:31 PM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:

They are worse off

Obiero

This is an oasis
👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#520 Posted : Thursday, March 09, 2017 8:15:41 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:

They are worse off

Obiero

This is an oasis
👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

Will be nice to get a bonus of 1 for 2 held to match the NAV to the trading price, seeing that management prefers to conserve cash.