wazua Fri, Sep 27, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<2345>
The only way to fight corruption in Kenya.
TSi
#61 Posted : Tuesday, November 01, 2016 4:43:11 PM

2012 wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
Your imaginary god doesn't exist and your prayers will never be answered. We need practical solutions to end corruption.

That god guy is as useless as they come.

But am not completely the anti-Christ, I actually like that mwema song by Mercy Masika. I jam it really loud in my car and know it word for word even though i am probably the most radical atheist in Kenya. Lol.

I have nothing against atheists. We are all born atheist anyway.
All I can urge you is to stay open minded.

I can tell you without a doubt that God answers prayers, just try one day after all, you'll have nothing to lose.

A fool has said in his heart that there is no God, but even though he says so there exists the concept of God in the fool's mind and as such its not possible to have a concept of something that does not exist either in the mind or in reality. You have a god @ Hamburglar the only difference is that your god is not spelt with a G an O and a D
hamburglar
#62 Posted : Tuesday, November 01, 2016 9:35:40 PM

TSi wrote:
2012 wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
Your imaginary god doesn't exist and your prayers will never be answered. We need practical solutions to end corruption.

That god guy is as useless as they come.

But am not completely the anti-Christ, I actually like that mwema song by Mercy Masika. I jam it really loud in my car and know it word for word even though i am probably the most radical atheist in Kenya. Lol.

I have nothing against atheists. We are all born atheist anyway.
All I can urge you is to stay open minded.

I can tell you without a doubt that God answers prayers, just try one day after all, you'll have nothing to lose.

A fool has said in his heart that there is no God, but even though he says so there exists the concept of God in the fool's mind and as such its not possible to have a concept of something that does not exist either in the mind or in reality. You have a god @ Hamburglar the only difference is that your god is not spelt with a G an O and a D

You and your stupid god are the fools.
Mike Ock
#63 Posted : Wednesday, November 02, 2016 6:26:54 PM

Aish, OK, back to civility. Anyway, corruption will always be there. There is no way to completely eradicate it in an institution as big as government, furthermore in a 3rd world country where people are poor looking for a way out. My proposed solution to at least tame this beast is for Uhuru to put a silent upper limit on the vice. Basically, he needs to show the people in gava that he will only tolerate eating up to a certain amount. Say... 100million. If any one particular ministry or parastatal steals an amount above that, he should go for them with the full force of the law. Eventually, people will get the hint: you can steal, but just steal a little. At least in this case, most scandals will be for reasonable amounts like 20m, 30m, with the big fish like ministers stealing 50, 100m. I think our budget can tolerate shocks to that extent, and people can still fill their stomachs, but nothing more.
maka
#64 Posted : Wednesday, November 02, 2016 7:13:04 PM

ION Zuma being taken head on; http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-37845606
possunt quia posse videntur
Swenani
#65 Posted : Wednesday, November 02, 2016 8:18:54 PM

maka wrote:

Don't compare us with a third world/developing corrupt country.We are a developed corrupt country
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
maka
#66 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2016 5:37:05 PM

hamburglar
#67 Posted : Thursday, December 01, 2016 1:20:23 PM

It's really simple. We have serious problems and we need serious people to solve those problems. We need a dictator, maybe a little benevolent but a dictator nevertheless. Uhuru is a nice guy, it's not his fault, it's his personality. He doesn't have the balls to stand up to these people and tell them to their face to do their job. We need somebody that will put people behind bars, the constitution be damned. We need a leader that will instill fear in criminal elements and punish the shit out of any corrupt leaders. The days of laughing and talking nonsense at harambess and funerals need to be over. The country is being bled to death and the thieves don't care because they are not scared.

What are you asking people "ufanye nini" for? You don't need anybody's approval to do the right thing. If some people are found guilty of corruption, make sure that they serve the harshest time possible and maybe that will be a deterrent to the others. Everybody loves a guy that is tough and don't take sh*t. Uhuru should not take sh*t from anybody, do what needs to be done and don't look back. Sometimes people just need to cut the crap and get serious with life. Corruption is indirectly killing Kenyans and yet we have leaders who are constantly bickering with the opposition over irrelevant issues. Give the opposition a blackout and get down to work. Let them talk but they will shut up once they see that sh*t is being done and nobody is laughing anymore.

Wanacheka Cheka nini and having pissing contests with the opposition about kula nyama na kumeza mate? We dont care about who can piss the furthest, we need to see action taken. Sometimes politics needs to take a back seat to serious issues. I might be one of the few Kiuks that will not vote for Uhuru and especially that Ruto thief. I need a president that will crack the whip, tired of seeing people running rampant doing whatever the hell they want to because they can and because the president is a wuss. Grow some cojones and send some people to jail. We don't care nani anakula nyama.
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#68 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2016 8:28:43 AM

#69 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2016 9:08:36 AM

hamburglar wrote:
It's really simple. We have serious problems and we need serious people to solve those problems. We need a dictator, maybe a little benevolent but a dictator nevertheless. Uhuru is a nice guy, it's not his fault, it's his personality. He doesn't have the balls to stand up to these people and tell them to their face to do their job.

I agree partially. Though the wrong dictator could take us to the cleaners. I think we need a man of integrity elected without baggage, baggage being the people who help him to win because those are what we've come to know as "the faceless cartels" yet we all know they are the people who helped hin ascent to power. Trump is not an ideal example but he has very little baggage around him.

BBI will solve it
:)
hardwood
#70 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2016 10:05:57 AM

The Land grabbing madness continues...

FRM2011
#71 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2017 2:28:34 PM

https://www.standardmedi...ree-after-looting-sh27m

Reading this report from keriako tobiko, one gets the impression that the problem with EACC is not incompetence or lack of capacity.

EACC exists to support and protect the corruption cartels. Not to fight it.

How on earth can an institution with investigation capacity and resources fail to do something as simple as a money trail ? The ODPP with no capacity to investigate does the same and recommends the appropriate charges to the most culpable suspects.

The ODPP dismissed the EACC recommendation to charge auditor general Ouko as simply illogical.

Good to see Keriako Tobiko has refused to be part of this charade.
murchr
#72 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2017 5:24:37 PM

FRM2011 wrote:

Reading this report from keriako tobiko, one gets the impression that the problem with EACC is not incompetence or lack of capacity.

How on earth can an institution with investigation capacity and resources fail to do something as simple as a money trail ? The ODPP with no capacity to investigate does the same and recommends the appropriate charges to the most culpable suspects.

The ODPP dismissed the EACC recommendation to charge auditor general Ouko as simply illogical.

DPP and EACC are independent bodies answerable to parliament. Have they expressed their views to parliament? If not, they are playing to the gallery
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
FRM2011
#73 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2017 5:32:49 PM

murchr wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:

DPP and EACC are independent bodies answerable to parliament. Have they expressed their views to parliament? If not, they are playing to the gallery

But one is an investigating agency while the other is a prosecuting agency. How the investigating agency "missed" evidence hidden in plain sight is the curious part. Ama it's the usual politicisation of institutions ?
Drobos fly
#74 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2017 12:07:27 AM

Ultimately judgement is surely coming just like in the days of Sodom & Gomorrah, the Lord will judge the workers of iniquity if they will not repent of their wicked ways. Fear the One who has the ability to destroy both your body and your soul.

AlphDoti wrote:
God has already done His part: people get the leaders they deserve i.e. if you are good population you elect good leaders, if you are rotten you vote in rotten leaders. The leaders are representative of the people... So we have nobody to blame. If you want change, then first change yourself, i.e. stop electing these crooks. But as long we are still electing people with their own selfish interests to protect, we will keep getting the shie!

That's an interesting opinion I don't think many may have caught. It is unclearly stating that your leaders are a reflection of what is ailing the nation morally. If your life is plagued in corruption, no way on earth you are going to surrounded with integrity like seen in (Romans 1:24) so integrity should first begins with us and in the little things like courtesy and observing the law in motoring etiquette irrespective of whether one deems it necessary or not and so many other areas in life that I will not go into right now. I like that.

2012 wrote:
kayhara wrote:
2012 wrote:
There's only one way to fight corruption in Kenya. And I can assure you that this will work.

Here goes:

Fact;The unticorruption, the President, the judiciary are unwilling or unable to fight corruption. The police have won the title over and over of the most corrupt institution in Kenya (would you believe?)!

The only way to win this war is to invite God to take over. I can assure you that these criminals and their families will never enjoy a day of peace and will never find sleep even on their gold beds. Our God asked us to hand over to Him problems that are beyond us.

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you last week my mum told me that they walked 10 kilometers the residents and multi-religious leaders and area mp, Mca and the governor to play to God to stop accidents happening on that road, I asked do you want God to come fill the potholes, trim the bush growing into the road, arrest the overloading matatus and the speeding bodabodas, NO.
Let's stop asking God for things we all know the answer to, for corruption we are still viewing the government as the enemy of the people, and when you steal from the government you don't steal from the people.

My friend, even the rot at Sodom and Gomorah started somewhere bofore the abnormal became the norm. Kenya has institutionalised corruption as a way of life, yaani even someone's son and daughter has the guts to steal funds meant for immunisation of infants!!!
For me I'll continue praying that these individuals continue to harvest the rot they sow. AND please remember to comment here when you see my prayers being answered because they will be answered.

If ....and mark my word... IF... you are not practicing righteousness, then you pray in vain, God does not listen to the unrighteous (John 9:31, Prov. 15:29) or those who live as stated in Gal 5:19-21. People around you should never associate you with seasonal christianity or someone who temporarily "puts down" Christ to deal with a situation then "puts Him back on", if you are a lover of the ways of the world, if you are that type, you pray in vain.

AlphDoti
#75 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2017 4:40:40 AM

Drobos fly wrote:
Ultimately judgement is surely coming just like in the days of Sodom & Gomorrah, the Lord will judge the workers of iniquity if they will not repent of their wicked ways. Fear the One who has the ability to destroy both your body and your soul.

AlphDoti wrote:
God has already done His part: people get the leaders they deserve i.e. if you are good population you elect good leaders, if you are rotten you vote in rotten leaders. The leaders are representative of the people... So we have nobody to blame. If you want change, then first change yourself, i.e. stop electing these crooks. But as long we are still electing people with their own selfish interests to protect, we will keep getting the shie!

That's an interesting opinion I don't think many may have caught. It is unclearly stating that your leaders are a reflection of what is ailing the nation morally. If your life is plagued in corruption, no way on earth you are going to surrounded with integrity like seen in (Romans 1:24) so integrity should first begins with us and in the little things like courtesy and observing the law in motoring etiquette irrespective of whether one deems it necessary or not and so many other areas in life that I will not go into right now. I like that.

2012 wrote:
kayhara wrote:
2012 wrote:
There's only one way to fight corruption in Kenya. And I can assure you that this will work.

Here goes:

Fact;The unticorruption, the President, the judiciary are unwilling or unable to fight corruption. The police have won the title over and over of the most corrupt institution in Kenya (would you believe?)!

The only way to win this war is to invite God to take over. I can assure you that these criminals and their families will never enjoy a day of peace and will never find sleep even on their gold beds. Our God asked us to hand over to Him problems that are beyond us.

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you last week my mum told me that they walked 10 kilometers the residents and multi-religious leaders and area mp, Mca and the governor to play to God to stop accidents happening on that road, I asked do you want God to come fill the potholes, trim the bush growing into the road, arrest the overloading matatus and the speeding bodabodas, NO.
Let's stop asking God for things we all know the answer to, for corruption we are still viewing the government as the enemy of the people, and when you steal from the government you don't steal from the people.

My friend, even the rot at Sodom and Gomorah started somewhere bofore the abnormal became the norm. Kenya has institutionalised corruption as a way of life, yaani even someone's son and daughter has the guts to steal funds meant for immunisation of infants!!!
For me I'll continue praying that these individuals continue to harvest the rot they sow. AND please remember to comment here when you see my prayers being answered because they will be answered.

If ....and mark my word... IF... you are not practicing righteousness, then you pray in vain, God does not listen to the unrighteous (John 9:31, Prov. 15:29) or those who live as stated in Gal 5:19-21. People around you should never associate you with seasonal christianity or someone who temporarily "puts down" Christ to deal with a situation then "puts Him back on", if you are a lover of the ways of the world, if you are that type, you pray in vain.

@drobos, I think you can see that the writing is on the wall. Very clear that majority of the people are NOT righteous. They just pretend on Sunday, but Monday to Sat, they engage in all manner of things opposite to what they pretend to be on Sunday.

Even Jacob Zuma himself wonders
murchr
#76 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2017 6:00:16 AM

FRM2011 wrote:
murchr wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:

But one is an investigating agency while the other is a prosecuting agency. How the investigating agency "missed" evidence hidden in plain sight is the curious part. Ama it's the usual politicisation of institutions ?

They are all playing to the gallery. To me, the biggest failure on this corruption issue, comes from these 2 independent offices. Notice they always blame each other or another "ghost" for their failure. What is even more sad is Kenyans do not know what their roles are so we're always left disappointed and not able to do anything.

In another real country (not a banana republic) Kinuthia, Mwaduna, Gichobi would be locked up and charged awaiting bail assets recovered and accounts frozen.
I fail to understand how Ouko was deceived but am waiting for more information

And even though you are presumed innocent until proven guilty, arrest not detention, should have happened, charges should have been brought forward.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Rahatupu
#77 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2017 12:42:38 PM

IMHO the teeth were removed from any serious enforcement agencies by the constitution whereby bail is a right. How do I fear arrest when I know I'll bail myself out with millions 9f tax payer money? How comes bail is not a right in the countries we benchmarked with for the constitution? How do you fight corruption networks when they roam free with all their loot? Just watch how the Akashas are bound in chains in NY courtrooms. Hapa even arrest is barred by courts.....all in the name of rights. In the meantime the drama continues
Swenani
#78 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2017 1:15:59 PM

Rahatupu wrote:
IMHO the teeth were removed from any serious enforcement agencies by the constitution whereby bail is a right. How do I fear arrest when I know I'll bail myself out with millions 9f tax payer money? How comes bail is not a right in the countries we benchmarked with for the constitution? How do you fight corruption networks when they roam free with all their loot? Just watch how the Akashas are bound in chains in NY courtrooms. Hapa even arrest is barred by courts.....all in the name of rights. In the meantime the drama continues

We should stop blaming our inefficiencies and unethical ways to institutions and constitution
Rahatupu
#79 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2017 5:13:03 PM

Swenani wrote:
Rahatupu wrote:

We should stop blaming our inefficiencies and unethical ways to institutions and constitution

@swenani, our constitution is founded as if all criminality is political hence leniency towards suspects. I appreciate that there are serious inefficiencies in as far as enforcement is concerned. However,the lenient laws are an avenue to the abuse of the law itself.
Swenani
#80 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2017 5:35:01 PM

Rahatupu wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Rahatupu wrote:

@swenani, our constitution is founded as if all criminality is political hence leniency towards suspects. I appreciate that there are serious inefficiencies in as far as enforcement is concerned. However,the lenient laws are an avenue to the abuse of the law itself.

You lost me there, e.g?