wazua Sat, Apr 27, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Water NEVER runs dry
Larayna
#1 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2017 1:29:19 AM

I have a 1/4 acre plot about 800 metres from Thika road, just behind Zetech University Ruiru. Surprisingly it has a spring that never dries out regardless of the time of the year. Right now as the drought bites, water is still flowing.
My query is, Is sinking a borehole a noble idea or a well might as well be sufficient.

maka
#2 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2017 10:34:26 AM

Larayna wrote:
I have a 1/4 acre plot about 800 metres from Thika road, just behind Zetech University Ruiru. Surprisingly it has a spring that never dries out regardless of the time of the year. Right now as the drought bites, water is still flowing.
My query is, Is sinking a borehole a noble idea or a well might as well be sufficient.

A well will do...Good day
possunt quia posse videntur
luxel
#3 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2017 5:05:12 PM

Are you sure there is no kanjo pipe that burst in your plot? Otherwise that plot should be repossessed and used for public good (just like the forest s).
Larayna
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2017 1:35:28 AM

maka wrote:
Larayna wrote:

A well will do...Good day

Thank you
sparkly
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2017 2:37:36 AM

Larayna wrote:

Sufficient for what? Do you want to supplement the County Government water for domestic use? Sell water? do farming?
Life is short. Live passionately.
Julie
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 5:12:59 PM

Test that water first.
It could turn out to be sewer filtered waste water from development projects around your plot.
Rongla
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 2:19:08 AM

[quote=Julie]Test that water first.
It could turn out to be sewer filtered waste water from development projects around your plot.[/quo
Larayna
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 2:24:46 AM

Julie wrote:
Test that water first.
It could turn out to be sewer filtered waste water from development projects around your plot.

I will test the water but the land in which the plot falls in is still agricultural and there are no major developments within 100 metres. The Vendor who sold it says the water has always been there. Her family has owned the land since late 70s