wazua Fri, Jul 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Yar'Adua passes on: will Nigeria stay put?
Zakumi
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 06, 2010 1:04:16 AM

Yar'adua passed on yesterday around 10pm Naija time after a long fight with illnes bravely borne.

Nigeria africa's most populous country with 150m population and 250 ethnic groups has been mildly unstable with muslim and christian clashes at the beginning of the year.

His death has left Nigerians confused and now what remains to be seen is how the politicks will play out.
The Strong Do What They Want,The Weak Do What They Must!
kadonye
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 06, 2010 4:50:11 AM

His death wasn't surprising with people being kept away frm seeing him in his last days.Goodluck Jonathan's stint as acting President wil stabilise the country
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
nostoppingthis
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 06, 2010 5:54:29 AM

Actually, Goodluck Jonathan is set to be sworn in as soon as the burial is completed. Surprisingly,Jonathan is from the predominant Christian south! and yet, the former Muslim president has not served his full term..I'm told they normally alternate presidents between Muslim north and Christian south, with the VP's also alternating...
Magigi
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 06, 2010 6:31:22 AM

...did he die yesterday or the machines were switched off yesterday? I thought the man died long long time ago...
bkismat
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 06, 2010 7:07:30 AM

for all intents and purposes the man died back in February. as kivuitu once infamously said "something must have been cooking seriously somewhere" and now they are ready to officially declare the man dead.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
bkismat
#6 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2010 12:50:16 PM

Democracy Nigerian style."The South-south now has the President, North-central has Senate President, North-east has the Secretary to the Government of the Federation as well as Deputy Speaker, South-west has the Speaker and South-east has the party chairman and Deputy Senate President,” he said. “North-west is the only zone excluded from the power equation in the country.”
The North-west consists of seven states – Sokoto, Zamfara, Kebbi, Kaduna, Kano, Jigawa and Katsina, where Yar’Adua hailed from.

“By the current arrangement,” Lawan said, “all other zones apart from the North-west are well accommodated and for purposes of equity and geo-political balancing, the North-west must not be sidelined. That is our position.”

From Thisday online paper in Nigeria
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain