wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
What is your experience with Suraya?
amarula
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2016 9:22:16 AM

I am interested in purchasing the Lynx at Royale or the Lynx at Ngong Road. What is your experience with Suraya as developers. I have been down the nasty road of developers and I really do not want a repeat performance. Thank you.

I am also worried about the size of the house 2 bedrooms for 44 sq.m. and 56 sq.m - too small perhaps?. The cost ranges from 5.7 million to 6.9 m.

What other options do I have within that price range in an accessible location. Location is important because of access to good schools and hospitals. E.g. Kitengela would not work.
kayhara
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2016 9:33:31 AM

unless it's very very cheap a good 2 bed should be at least 150 sqm 3 bed 200 sqm, suraya houses are not known to be that spacious they are the kind of houses that limit you to a 32 inch tv due to lounge size.
To Each His Own
webish
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2016 10:12:07 AM

amarula wrote:
I am interested in purchasing the Lynx at Royale or the Lynx at Ngong Road. What is your experience with Suraya as developers. I have been down the nasty road of developers and I really do not want a repeat performance. Thank you.

I am also worried about the size of the house 2 bedrooms for 44 sq.m. and 56 sq.m - too small perhaps?. The cost ranges from 5.7 million to 6.9 m.

What other options do I have within that price range in an accessible location. Location is important because of access to good schools and hospitals. E.g. Kitengela would not work.

I see them as "mass market development" especially on the projects you mentioned.
So expect smaller houses...

Unfortunately, my options to you would be out of your desired places, eg Syokimau.
Maybe you can mention areas that are "acceptable" to you, because, a place can be far yet accessible, and with "good" schools around..

Advice: Walk around, walk around even randomly. You will find interesting projects going on that you won't see doing advertisements on media. That's been my experience..

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
Surething
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2016 7:37:32 PM

kayhara wrote:
unless it's very very cheap a good 2 bed should be at least 150 sqm 3 bed 200 sqm, suraya houses are not known to be that spacious they are the kind of houses that limit you to a 32 inch tv due to lounge size.

So true, the sizes listed are way too small.
Ryko
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2016 8:09:09 PM

Suraya noo.... they are damn small. Please take your time, spend days visiting several sites before you make a decision. Syokimau has lots of options
I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
sparkly
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:20:28 PM

Ryko wrote:
Suraya noo.... they are damn small. Please take your time, spend days visiting several sites before you make a decision. Syokimau has lots of options

Suraya is a another Kenyan company that started with so much promise but now hangs in the balance. So sad.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Chaka
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:32:10 PM

The kadogo economy...
Ryko wrote:

sparkly
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 01, 2017 10:22:04 AM

Chaka wrote:
The kadogo economy...
Ryko wrote:

Too much competition in the Kadogo space right now. Suraya should have completed their kadogo units in time. As it is most buyers have pulled out.
Life is short. Live passionately.
UpcomingPaperChaser
#9 Posted : Friday, March 03, 2017 12:01:54 AM

This is not sensible at all, there is no way a 2 bedroom can be about 50 square meters.....remember this, 50 square meters is like a house that is 7 meters by 7 meters,,,,not sufficient even for a one bedroom:

Proof:

assuming 100% profit for the seller, it would mean the construction cost is half the value i.e. about 3 million.

= 3,000,000/50

= Kshs. 60,000 per square meter.........this is a exteremely high figure

Solution: Abort Mission
Enjoy every moment of your life, you never know when your time will come.
webish
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 04, 2017 10:01:15 PM

Ryko wrote:

100%.

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
Mike Ock
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 05, 2017 1:21:07 PM

sparkly wrote:
Ryko wrote:

Suraya is a another Kenyan company that started with so much promise but now hangs in the balance. So sad.

Why? Toboa
Pesa Nane
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 05, 2017 4:08:03 PM

UpcomingPaperChaser wrote:

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Pesa Nane
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 05, 2017 4:21:37 PM

UpcomingPaperChaser wrote:

Quote:

Komarock Heights is a modern estate with all the amenities to support the comfort and lifestyle of its residents. It is comprised of 1272 beautifully designed apartments nestled within Komarock Estate which will be implemented in 3 phases. Phase 1 comprises of 480 No. residential apartments with a mix of 2 and 3 bedroom apartments in 20 blocks.

The estate is located along Kangaru Road, off Kangundo Road on the edge of the Komarock estate. The property lies on 28 acres, out of which 4.6 acres has been set aside for the development of a school for the local community.

Neighbouring social amenities
In the vicinity of Komarock Heights is K-Mall, the brand new mall and also a development of HFDI. The mall will provide residents convenient access to supermarkets, banks, restaurants, hospitals and other services.

Key Apartment Features
2 and 3 bedroom apartments
Separate dining area
Spacious en-suite master bedroom
All bedrooms with in-built wardrobes

Key amenities
10 passenger lift in each block
Backup generator for common areas
Provision for solar water heating system in all units
Backup water supply from the borehole
Gated compound with controlled single entry and exit for enhanced security
Ample green landscaped areas with children’s play area
Kindergarten and Primary School

House types
3 bedroom type A – 112 sqm – From Kshs. 6.85M
3 bedroom type B – 113 sqm – From Kshs. 6.85M

2 bedroom type A – 93.54 sqm – From Kshs. 5.85M
2 bedroom type B – 91.86 sqm – From Kshs. 5.85M

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Euge
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 12, 2017 7:54:47 PM

Mike Ock wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ryko wrote:

Why? Toboa

I hear that their projects are really running behind schedule.
Lord, thank you!
obiero
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 12, 2017 10:31:21 PM

Euge wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ryko wrote:

Why? Toboa

I hear that their projects are really running behind schedule.

Funding is everything for large scale projects.. The macroeconomics have gone burst and thus directly affect Suraya and others of like scale.. Meanwhile http://www.businessdaily...887850-1m67x9/index.html

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
muganda
#16 Posted : Saturday, October 07, 2017 2:25:39 PM

Quote:

The only good reviews i see on SURAYA developers are from the media. Residents are hurting and Kenyans are still buying their Shitty houses.

From My Inbox,

By Fourways resident,
Quote:

Hello...
We write to you as disgruntled homeowners at Fourways Junction Kiambu road. What started off as a dream for us as homeowners has slowly turned to be a nightmare.

We purchased an apartment from Suraya developers a few years back. The problems we have encountered with this developer started from the onset.
Even after making the full payment of the unit including the legal, service charge and electricity and water meter installation, we still had to wait for the developer to complete the house even after having assured us that every thing would be in order once we completed the payments.

We eventually got the call to pick up our keys and handover documents that would enable us to move in.

When we arrived, the house was still not connected to power but the developer assured us we would be connected by the time we completed moving our things in. Three days later the developer connected us to their power setup as a temporary solution. We inquired when KPLC would come in to set us up with power and a meter. The developer told us they had notified KPLC and had started the process and they were confident KPLC would set us up soon, they also assured us that we would not pay a cent for electricity until we were set up with a KPLC meter.

Long story short after 1 year of unstable and insufficient power, damaged appliances we were slapped with a ksh 30, 000 bill by the developer that we were meant to pay in 2 days or else be disconnected. Which indeed was what happened when we together with the other residents agreed not to pay unless we had meters installed by KPLC. We were disconnected for a week until we gave in and paid. We gave in because some of us have newborn babies, sick family members who need attentive care and without power that becomes a challenge.

The following month we received a ksh 5000 bill as a standard bill distributed to each and every house occupied until the developer installed sub meters. We paid ksh 5000 for 2 months and the 3rd month after the sub meters were installed we were given a bill of ksh 13000 and the other residents ranged from 5k-15k. We have now refused to pay for those bills but we were of course threatened to be disconnected. We have tried to get KPLC onboard but every time there seems to be a way forward, they are bribed and step back.

We have realized that the developer does not intend to connect us to KPLC power but has instead decided to supply us with power and charge us so that we can offset the bill they have accumulated while developing the project.

We have resorted to writing to you after exhausting all the available avenues. We have tried to speak to the Suraya general manager a Mr Paul Masaai who never seems to have answers to our problems. We have tried to reach out to the Muraya’s who are the developers (Suraya) but they bluntly ask you to speak to Paul Masaai and hang up immediately.

Our pain is this;

1. How is it possible for Suraya the developers be allowed by KPLC to distribute power from one meter which is also connected to the sewer system?

2. How does KPLC allow Suraya to haphazardly run cables throughout the courts without safety in place? (We have had fires start from this cables a number of times)

3. How can this development be occupied for over 2 years without proper cable installation and meter boxes per house?

4. Are they allowed to charge us electricity as they deem fit and yet we own the houses and have our own title deeds?

5. The power we receive is unstable and insufficient to power our home appliances at night when most residents are at home.

6. Power is not the only problem we are facing. Exposed manholes and power cables. We have had an incident of a resident being electrocuted.

7. A collapsed perimeter wall that has been down for the last six months and no security guards.

8. Some residents who have completed their payments of the units have had to dig deeper in their pockets and take it upon themselves to complete building their homes after waiting for a long period for the developer to complete the units.

9. Substandard finishing with leaking roofs etc

kayhara
#17 Posted : Saturday, October 07, 2017 2:33:35 PM

Suraya houses always so small, they look good from far bu are far from good.
But Kenyans, why pay for an incomplete house?did you use a lawyer? or an expert? I have had clients who bought houses but before committing any payment they asked me to go through the house and sure everything is in order
from power, water sewer, garbage, security, quality of workmanship, etc.
One thing most people forget to check is service charge
you should know how much it is and what it covers you should also have full say of how it is used and should not profit the developer, some guys bought units and are made to part with 20K monthly charge for very little service.
Ask for an occupation certificate very important yet overlooked step, do not pay any money without this, and have someone make sure it is genuine.
In your contract if handled professionally you should hold onto 10% percent of the contract sum for between 6-12 months t cover any defects, any defects after this are on you.
To Each His Own
whiteowl
#18 Posted : Monday, July 02, 2018 11:58:55 PM

This is another Kenyan company that is buried in debt.They kept stretching themselves with new land aquisition n new projects.Now they are on the loan book of lots of banks and the land they have is listed as colateral.At some point the music has to stop.
chauhanmohit
#19 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2018 8:18:07 AM

whiteowl wrote:
This is another Kenyan company that is buried in debt.They kept stretching themselves with new land aquisition n new projects.Now they are on the loan book of lots of banks and the land they have is listed as colateral.At some point the music has to stop.

HAHAHA! yaa, it has to! What is the name of the company?
Angelica _ann
#20 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2019 2:57:04 PM

https://www.businessdail...20694-5makev/index.html

Bank puts Suraya’s Lavington houses up for auction

A bank has put up for auction Sh384 million luxury residential houses in the upmarket Lavington suburb after the developers, Peter and Susan Muraya (Suraya), failed to settle a loan.

The development, Tiara Villas, is part of the vast Suraya real estate empire that is valued at billions of shillings.

The auction notice published Monday by Garam Auctioneers invited potential buyers of the estate to attend a fire sale Tuesday, signalling distress for off-plan buyers who were to pay Sh48 million for each town house.

The estate sits on a 0.809-acre parcel of land in the wider Lavington Estate in Nairobi and features more than eight town houses.

The Business Daily had not established how many buyers have so far paid for their houses by the time of going to press.

Both Peter and Susan Muraya had not responded to our queries by the time of filing this story.

“Under instructions from the chargee’s advocates, we shall sell by public auction the properties together with buildings and improvements erected therein,” said the auctioneer’s notice.

“Each town house has five bedrooms, all en suite. The title is freehold interest.”

Sh48m per unit

The real estate developers had set the price of each off plan development at Sh48 million, putting the minimum possible value of the development at Sh384 million.

House prices ordinarily go up on completion of construction, which means the town houses are now probably worth much more than they were before completion.

“These properties have been designed by reputable architects. They will be complemented by exemplary detailing and tasteful specifications,” says Tiara on its website.

“Arranged on three levels, with five bedrooms all ensuite, the property also has staff quarters, parking for three cars, individual garden, a pool, club house and entertainment area.”

A dip in house prices and the slow uptake of newly-built units have heightened fears of renewed pressure on developers who borrowed to fund for-sale projects as obligations mature.

In March last year, the Murayas were dragged into a legal battle after a contractor filed a high-profile petition in court seeking to wind up two real estate companies associated with the couple over non-payment of debt.

Eternal Foundation Construction then wanted the Murayas’ two companies, one of which holds a vast real estate property valued at more than Sh1 billion, liquidated.

Sucasa and Encasa West Limited, the two companies that were at the centre of the liquidation suit, are owned by the Murayas.

High profile

The dispute joined a series of high-profile real estate disputes to go to court in what was being seen as reflecting the difficulty property developers are facing on the sales front.

The number of properties put up for auction rose last year compared with 2017, but auctioneers struggled to sell them.

Auctioneers said they were holding more auctions last year compared to 2017 following a growing pool of distressed borrowers, whose assets were seized by aggressive lenders.

In February last year, Nairobi auctioneers put on sale a Sh1.19 billion residential estate in upmarket Kitisuru estate belonging to Homex Developers, citing the developers’ failure to repay a bank loan.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen