wazua Wed, Jul 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

whose tithes for No campaign?
murenj
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 01, 2010 7:36:32 AM

There are so many needy people in the churches today who could do with a helping hand, but the church leadership has other ideas on how best to utilize the tithe, offertory etc. One thing is clear though............I am withholding my tithes and offerings for the duration of the referendum, out of guilt since I do not want them to be used to finance a campaign of hatred and lies.
SUSU
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 01, 2010 7:47:08 AM

murenj wrote:
"............I am withholding my tithes and offerings for the duration of the referendum, out of guilt since I do not want them to be used to finance a campaign of hatred and lies".

..and that is what it's all about.... Hatred and Lies...I can feel you.......May God guide ALL of us in deciding/voting what will comeout to be best for our kids...Amen.Pray
eduu
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 02, 2010 11:58:28 AM

Kenyans ditch the men of God to side with the politicians. They call men of God liers. Is this the begining of the end. Sodom and Gomorra?
murenj
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 02, 2010 5:59:59 PM

AHEM..............American dollars..............some noise is in order to justify the reciepients
blackcobra
#5 Posted : Monday, May 03, 2010 7:39:34 AM

On the same breath, refuse 2 pay taxes coz it'll b used 4 Yes campaign
masukuma
#6 Posted : Monday, May 03, 2010 8:08:23 AM

@All,
i remember a song by Jemimah Thiongo called UMBEA, it has a certain line that says "...♫Wewe watoa ngapi kati ya sadaka?...♪ama zako zaliwa zingali mfukoni♫...Umbea Umbea♪"
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
theslim
#7 Posted : Monday, May 03, 2010 8:28:42 AM

masukuma eh eh
the early worm is eaten by the early bird
jyo
#8 Posted : Monday, May 03, 2010 11:42:37 AM

your christian obligation is to pay your tithes and offering not to audit wether they are used well or not...You are offering them to God not to the church if they use them wrongly they would be answerable to the maker.(wrongly is for God to Judge)
Your work will form a large part of your life the only way to be trully satisfied is to love what you do.
murenj
#9 Posted : Monday, May 03, 2010 5:30:13 PM

the constitutional review process was already funded by our taxes, of which I contribute over 150k in PAYE p.a, not to mention other indirect taxes eg VAT. The tax man is not demanding anything extra from me......................as for tithes, the same bible teaches that you are supposed to eat tithes for two years, and remit the tithes for every third year.......but church leaders do not like that, so, they conveniently leave out this eating bit
tmatekwa
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 04, 2010 5:41:00 AM

Actually christians remain divided on tithing practice. Some church statistics puts tithing at 30 percent. Perhaps we should have a refferenddum on this too. By the way, how many tithing christians have made it to the forbes list of world's richest people? Reality check..............
masukuma
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 04, 2010 5:46:39 AM

@tmatekwa,
Lk 12:15 - "Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."
@tmatekwa, as i had said on some other forum, Christianity is not a DEMOCRATIC religion, its a THEOCRATIC one. so referendums e.t.c. don't count.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
murenj
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 04, 2010 8:26:02 AM

coming to think of it, old testament patriarchs like Abraham, Jacob, Isaac, Solomon, Job were HOLY RICH.........With the tithing thing going around for the last 100 years, one could think that Christians would be the richest of all lot............ and, Kenya would be reacher than Saudi Arabia by virtue of her population of tithing Christians.....