wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

772 Pages«<319320321322323>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
obiero
#6401 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 5:47:44 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

Ati resigned to pursue other interests, bure Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I love Mbuvi Ngunze's signature.. Meanwhile 1,993,700 KQ shares traded today..Next week will be interesting

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Impunity
#6402 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 6:46:26 PM

obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

Ati resigned to pursue other interests, bure Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I love Mbuvi Ngunze's signature.. Meanwhile 1,993,700 KQ shares traded today..Next week will be interesting

@obie, I am now fully in as per my plans.

Now do you think next week it will hit 3 year highs, say 12 bob?

What excitation is remaining apart from the impending exit of the CEO?

Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

obiero
#6403 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 7:21:03 PM

Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

KES 12 is far fetched.. I have maintained that given the loss position, KES 8 per share is fair value.. The PJT partners announcement on the capital restructure to address negative equity shall be the only fuel needed to propel the share to KES 14 and more. Tomorrow's media play/spin on the half year results may also give some running room upwards/downwards

Spikes
#6404 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 7:55:43 PM

obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

KES 12 is far fetched.. I have maintained that given the loss position, KES 8 per share is fair value.. The PJT partners announcement on the capital restructure to address negative equity shall be the only fuel needed to propel the share to KES 14 and more. Tomorrow's media play/spin on the half year results may also give some running room upwards/downwards

@Obiero it appears you'll not exit until your dreams come true. Your target price is from 12 upwards.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Pesa Nane
#6405 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 8:00:47 PM

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Pesa Nane
#6406 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 8:02:22 PM

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
maka
#6407 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 8:03:16 PM

Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

Utaumia...ningekuambia lakini hautaniamini.
possunt quia posse videntur
Spikes
#6408 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 8:24:24 PM

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSL8N1CW62J

Goodies for turnaround in the offing. This thing will swing north exponentially!
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
muandiwambeu
#6409 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 9:16:32 PM

obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

that does not surprise mi, kq has moved awesomely over 47million shares over a span of close to fifty trading days consistently. ranking top eight since end of June 2016. the hype is dead on arrival. if you promise me to see the red see red and I find it blue do not tell mi, it was once, during the exodus days. it was news then, now its gonna be red coz it massacre time. prove me wrong any day anywhere your comfort so pleases.
my takes:
1.turbulence.ahead. do not just cerebrate coz Ur going to become a mother, labour pains ahead. why?
a. radical restructuring ahead. that's means dangerous maneuvers that will leave many badly bruised. first off peso ya rights ilikuliwo
b. hedging/fuel prices cushioning mechanisms with better and smarter brains urgently required. currently bleeding to comatose.
c. staff rationalization and layoffs a bitter pill to swallow. if the main Cheff dished his kitchen know that the eating shall be a prevailage for now, not a right. get ready for that bumpy ride.
2. financing cost are a long term commitments.
that's the punch that hit the underbelly. causing severe knockoffs on a unready system. if u mention project mawingu I puke ten times and pass out assap. the costs still remains and the sharks still smells the blood of the prey floating by the sea shore. soon they knock on the doors once they learn how to swim on shallow waters.
3. unions and ka-laplicians. I hit Laplace transforms. its just magical and leaves no chaoticism trail behind other than the real chaotics.
a seven days notice and what seamed normal magically becomes abnormal. is mj ready to touch who is who in Kq as sir obi says, even mjs buddy BC learnt it the hard way by the feel of the steel bolls. so has a better god in father now.
3. international exposure. hopes one day Kenya knows survival is not local but international. thats a open window in a plane facing headwinds
4. I hate forex. was it supposed to mean thick forests of Congo or Quebec. @hisa Sandia Hapo sasa.
5. localised anarchy-2017 on the cross hairs. nywele ngumu maisha Ni ngumu.
finally, the list is purely long and true but the cooking is so purely true and the burden is so real and painful for the harpeless shareholders: labourers of the lost pride.
bon voyage as you cross red sea men and women of faith.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
maka
#6410 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 9:38:18 PM

Spikes wrote:

Goodies for turnaround in the offing. This thing will swing north exponentially!

But this was pointed out here long ago by various wazua experts...even the issue of a mid term hybrid bond was floated...so wtf was Ngunze doing?

obiero
#6411 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 10:18:38 PM

maka wrote:
Spikes wrote:

But this was pointed out here long ago by various wazua experts...even the issue of a mid term hybrid bond was floated...so wtf was Ngunze doing?

Ngunze had all that in mind.. Many people here would have done worse if given the position. Africans like petty squabbles and infighting hence difficulty in Operation Pride getting full traction. Hope remains eternal

maka
#6412 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 11:15:38 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
Spikes wrote:

Ngunze had all that in mind.. Many people here would have done worse if given the position. Africans like petty squabbles and infighting hence difficulty in Operation Pride getting full traction. Hope remains eternal

Quick one...were there ever interviews for CEO conducted after TN left somewhere in SA?
murchr
#6413 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 12:38:09 AM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
Spikes wrote:

Quick one...were there ever interviews for CEO conducted after TN left somewhere in SA?

Quote:
Asked about the fate of Chief Executive Mbuvi Ngunze who pilots also demanded should go, Joseph said: "The priority is stability in the airline. When you are restructuring your financing, you need continuation of leadership."

He did not elaborate.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
ArrestedDev
#6414 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 6:39:22 AM

murchr wrote:
maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
Spikes wrote:

Quote:
Asked about the fate of Chief Executive Mbuvi Ngunze who pilots also demanded should go, Joseph said: "The priority is stability in the airline. When you are restructuring your financing, you need continuation of leadership."

He did not elaborate.

Any attempt to have Ngunze remain is futile if not disastrous to the future of the Company. I have heard the continuation narrative being pelted around by both Macharia and Michael.

I hope it was just being conscious of the fact making statements about the leadership of the Company can affect the share price.
obiero
#6415 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 7:48:11 AM

DBLyon wrote:
Thiong'o wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
http://nazret.com/blog/index.php/2016/06/30/ethiopian-airlines-says-looking-at

We really need someone who can be on top of things at KQ lest we get swallowed yet we have a good product and well trained manpower at our disposal. The vision 2025 mentioned in the article is our 'project mawingu'.

The biggest mistake that could happen right now is to loose the institutional memory of KQ by firing Ngunze who is the last man standing after all other directors were either fired or resigned.. Let the new guys come in and gradually they shall absorb the wealth of knowledge held by Ngunze.. One year shall be enough. Meanwhile, we await the impressive full year results and outstanding Q1 2016-2017

@ ArrestedDev seem to have either or both of the following biases…

Hindsight Bias
Tends to occur in situations where a person believes (after the fact) that the onset of some past event was predictable and completely obvious, whereas in fact, the event could not have been reasonably predicted.

Many events seem obvious in hindsight. Psychologists attribute hindsight bias to our innate need to find order in the world by creating explanations that allow us to believe that events are predictable. While this sense of curiosity is useful in many cases (take science, for example), finding erroneous links between the cause and effect of an event may result in incorrect oversimplifications.

Cognitive Bias
Think of a cognitive bias as a rule of thumb that may or may not be factual. We’ve all seen movies where a thief wears a police uniform to pass through a security checkpoint. The real police officers assume that because the person is wearing a uniform like theirs, he must be a real police officer. That’s an example of a cognitive bias.

What does a fake cop have to do with your investment choices? You make the same types of assumptions that aren’t necessarily true. Here is an example:

Negativity Bias: The bull market is alive and well, yet many investors have missed the rally because of the fear that it will reverse course. Negativity bias causes investors to put more weight on bad news than on good. Some might call this risk management, but this bias can cause the effects of risk to hold more weight than the possibility of reward.

Laughing out loudly Thiong'o, I would love to meet you.

Institutional memory

ArrestedDev
#6416 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 7:54:01 AM

obiero wrote:
DBLyon wrote:
Thiong'o wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
maka wrote:
http://nazret.com/blog/index.php/2016/06/30/ethiopian-airlines-says-looking-at

We really need someone who can be on top of things at KQ lest we get swallowed yet we have a good product and well trained manpower at our disposal. The vision 2025 mentioned in the article is our 'project mawingu'.

The biggest mistake that could happen right now is to loose the institutional memory of KQ by firing Ngunze who is the last man standing after all other directors were either fired or resigned.. Let the new guys come in and gradually they shall absorb the wealth of knowledge held by Ngunze.. One year shall be enough. Meanwhile, we await the impressive full year results and outstanding Q1 2016-2017

@ ArrestedDev seem to have either or both of the following biases…

Hindsight Bias
Tends to occur in situations where a person believes (after the fact) that the onset of some past event was predictable and completely obvious, whereas in fact, the event could not have been reasonably predicted.

Many events seem obvious in hindsight. Psychologists attribute hindsight bias to our innate need to find order in the world by creating explanations that allow us to believe that events are predictable. While this sense of curiosity is useful in many cases (take science, for example), finding erroneous links between the cause and effect of an event may result in incorrect oversimplifications.

Cognitive Bias
Think of a cognitive bias as a rule of thumb that may or may not be factual. We’ve all seen movies where a thief wears a police uniform to pass through a security checkpoint. The real police officers assume that because the person is wearing a uniform like theirs, he must be a real police officer. That’s an example of a cognitive bias.

What does a fake cop have to do with your investment choices? You make the same types of assumptions that aren’t necessarily true. Here is an example:

Negativity Bias: The bull market is alive and well, yet many investors have missed the rally because of the fear that it will reverse course. Negativity bias causes investors to put more weight on bad news than on good. Some might call this risk management, but this bias can cause the effects of risk to hold more weight than the possibility of reward.

Laughing out loudly Thiong'o, I would love to meet you.

Institutional memory

This guy who raised this narrative dropped and he has not been on the forum for long. I know the reasons why Ngunze should be let go with immediate effect. If he leaves then you will notice the difference. It will be a bonus for individual shareholders including you.

Most of the people he has rewarded with management positions are also incompetent and corrupt. Nearly all of them had a role to play in the mismanagement of the Company and they feature in the forensic audit report.

Nothing like institutional memory.The only people who Ngunze delivers for are the cartels and his masters.
Impunity
#6417 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 9:02:38 AM

KQ made an operating profit of KES 949 million, a 143.6 % swing from an operating loss of KES 2.2 billion. #KQResults

d'oh!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

obiero
#6418 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 9:31:54 AM

Impunity wrote:
KQ made an operating profit of KES 949 million, a 143.6 % swing from an operating loss of KES 2.2 billion. #KQResults

d'oh!

That kind of wording is exactly what is needed at KQ.. Media spin doctor in chief, Michael Joseph shall overcome the curse of bad reviews which had depressed our shareholding for far too long

Jibabe
#6419 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 9:38:48 AM

Institutional memory.... that's laughable a cursory run on the financials save for unsustainable one offs is not sustainable tell you that the mistakes are systemic and point at leadership.Worldwide cut off of 100 days stands.If in deed TN was that incompetent & Mbuvi n ilk had no part on it.What has significantly changed two years on.Or what didn't he learn or run to?
ArrestedDev
#6420 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 10:42:29 AM

Jibabe wrote:
Institutional memory.... that's laughable a cursory run on the financials save for unsustainable one offs is not sustainable tell you that the mistakes are systemic and point at leadership.Worldwide cut off of 100 days stands.If in deed TN was that incompetent & Mbuvi n ilk had no part on it.What has significantly changed two years on.Or what didn't he learn or run to?

Poor corporate governance. Lack of leadership, period. No theories about it anymore. They are both incompetent fellows. Ngunze with his audit background should not have been surprised by the forensic audit findings. The mistakes led to not only systemic but also strategic failures.