wazua Wed, Apr 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

22 Pages«<1617181920>»
Safaricom Investment Cooperative
murchr
#341 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 3:45:53 AM

Who has tried to bid in the secondary market? Do you have to bid 100+?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
jerry
#342 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 9:43:06 AM

enyands wrote:
harrydre wrote:
enyands wrote:
harrydre wrote:
I want to join, any existing member willing to introduce me? please email wazuaharrydre@gmail.com

nitanunua pombe.

If you want to join safaricom sacco then you need someone to introduce you .but if you want to join safaricom INVESTMENT cooperative you need no one .email them and you will get started pngari@safaricom.co.ke

Thanks, my interest is the S.I.C

Then talk to paul ngari at pngari@safaricom.co.ke

Another question. How much cash does someone need to join and what are the monthly contributions?
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
Pirate
#343 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 11:06:58 AM

murchr wrote:

Yes. Minimum number of shares one can float and bid is 100
Knowledge is power , but action gets things done ...
Pirate
#344 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 1:52:22 PM

jerry wrote:
enyands wrote:
harrydre wrote:
enyands wrote:
harrydre wrote:
I want to join, any existing member willing to introduce me? please email wazuaharrydre@gmail.com

nitanunua pombe.

If you want to join safaricom sacco then you need someone to introduce you .but if you want to join safaricom INVESTMENT cooperative you need no one .email them and you will get started pngari@safaricom.co.ke

Thanks, my interest is the S.I.C

Then talk to paul ngari at pngari@safaricom.co.ke

Another question. How much cash does someone need to join and what are the monthly contributions?

Minimum monthly contributions is 3k per month . To be a member , one requires to have a min of 300 shares (at 435 /share) + 10k joining fee . 140,500 Kes in total.
murchr
#345 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 2:11:05 PM

Pirate wrote:
murchr wrote:

I saw a sell bid of 78 shares and other numbers that were not in hundreds like 158 etc. And should the account have money before trading?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Pirate
#346 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 11:20:24 AM

murchr wrote:
Pirate wrote:
murchr wrote:

I saw a sell bid of 78 shares and other numbers that were not in hundreds like 158 etc. And should the account have money before trading?

Interesting. I assumed since the minimum one can float is 100 , the same should apply. One should have money deposited in the SIC account before trading. It's a new rule ,after launch for the online platform .
murchr
#347 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 6:37:06 PM

I have been getting a message "SIC grants you chance to use your monthly contribution to buy secondary shares and earn more benefits." Does anyone know if the share register has been closed?
enyands
#348 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 8:26:29 PM

murchr wrote:
I have been getting a message "SIC grants you chance to use your monthly contribution to buy secondary shares and earn more benefits." Does anyone know if the share register has been closed?

I got the same too
enyands
#349 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 7:24:54 AM

What's the latest in this bus
enyands
#350 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 6:33:29 PM

murchr wrote:

Talked to someone who mentioned that they are still like usual. Bought monthly last month ,this month.so it's for those who want kadiscount
Pirate
#351 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 10:59:55 AM

enyands wrote:
murchr wrote:

Talked to someone who mentioned that they are still like usual. Bought monthly last month ,this month.so it's for those who want kadiscount

Well remember when you buy monthly , the rate is 435/- and your rebates are prorated, but from the secondary market , its 405/- more often than not plus you get full year dividends.

On another note , SIC have had a good run this year with land and property sales . Expecting performance of about 25-30% end of year .
enyands
#352 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 3:38:29 PM

Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
murchr wrote:

Well remember when you buy monthly , the rate is 435/- and your rebates are prorated, but from the secondary market , its 405/- more often than not plus you get full year dividends.

On another note , SIC have had a good run this year with land and property sales . Expecting performance of about 25-30% end of year .

You rock pirate. Thanks. How about stima na hii kitu ingine inaitwa UNAITAS
Pirate
#353 Posted : Wednesday, November 09, 2016 10:04:44 AM

enyands wrote:
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
murchr wrote:

Stima Cooperative have been performing relatively well . They gave rebates of 21% in 2014 and 23% for 2015 financial year. A substantial amount coming from land sales and rental income. Planning to join it in 2017. As for UNAITAS ,I have not much information on it
Mainat
#354 Posted : Wednesday, November 09, 2016 10:16:20 AM

Pirate-does one has to be a member to buy the shares?
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
murchr wrote:

Stima Cooperative have been performing relatively well . They gave rebates of 21% in 2014 and 23% for 2015 financial year. A substantial amount coming from land sales and rental income. Planning to join it in 2017. As for UNAITAS ,I have not much information on it

Sehemu ndio nyumba
Pirate
#355 Posted : Wednesday, November 09, 2016 11:43:00 AM

Yep. For Stima Cooperative : 5k joining fee and purchase of 300 shares @ 200 bob each. Monthly minimum contributions of 2500
Mainat wrote:
Pirate-does one has to be a member to buy the shares?
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
Pirate wrote:
enyands wrote:
murchr wrote:

Mainat
#356 Posted : Wednesday, November 09, 2016 3:20:17 PM

@pirate, thanks. what about safaricom
Sehemu ndio nyumba
enyands
#357 Posted : Wednesday, November 09, 2016 3:44:45 PM

Mainat wrote:

Mainat si you can go to their websites and all info is there. You can even get their number and call them www.sic.co.ke
yosie14
#358 Posted : Wednesday, November 09, 2016 6:03:19 PM

murchr wrote:

Me too I have been getting this nessage and it didnt make sense to me.
Only yesterday I noticed they decided to do this after they noticed no one was buying the secondary shares and a big backlog dated from as early as April needed to be cleared. If you teied to sell your shares in July your lot is still in the market todate andso is anyone who floated his tbereafter. Why this is happening I have no idea. Too many people selling out? Why? Still no answer(asking myself)
KCB,NMG,PAFR
murchr
#359 Posted : Wednesday, November 09, 2016 6:12:04 PM

Mainat wrote:

@Mainat, I know you follow the money religiously so am abit shocked you aint in these buses. smile Anyway, what's you quick money penny stock this 1/4? 2016 has not been very kind.
Mainat
#360 Posted : Wednesday, November 09, 2016 9:14:04 PM

Time is a precious commodity these days. Haven't been able to follow penny stocks for a while. Moved to fx after successfully playing the GBP down. It's actually fun because you don't have to rely on a broker.
Would advise you try especially now that Drump's presidency will almost increase currency vol for the foreseeable future.

murchr wrote:
Mainat wrote:

@Mainat, I know you follow the money religiously so am abit shocked you aint in these buses. smile Anyway, what's you quick money penny stock this 1/4? 2016 has not been very kind.

Sehemu ndio nyumba