772 Pages«<310311312313314>»
Kenya Airways...why ignore..
obiero
#6221 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 9:42:29 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
As keyboard critiques keep typing away, let's see whether the share price will fall today, at day 103.. There comes a time to make money, my time is now. Just like before on HFCK, SBU, BoK, KCB.. Arrogantly I refer to myself as the ultimate insider

There is a 66.6% chance that KQ will not pay a dividend if your lifetime.

Tomorrow is promised to no one not even the president of USA. Like I live for KES 0.35 dividend per YEAR? Soo juvenile that statement.. We invest for the next generation and the bible says that it is better to leave an inheritance.. Why live for a meager dividend?? Capital gains define my investment strategy

What is the use of investing in a tree that will never bear fruit.

Tafakari hayo.

I have made a gross paper gain of KES 1,047,200 on KQ in the last 2 months with rise from KES 3.3 to KES 5 on a holding of 616,000 shares.. Tafakari hayo

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
karasinga
#6222 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 9:54:28 PM

karasinga wrote:
Kenya Airways Ltd Ord 5.00 broke above the upside resistance level of 3.43, 2 day(s) ago. This is a bullish sign. This previous resistance level of 3.43 may now provide downside support. Volume on the day of the breakout was quite heavy--94% above average. This makes the breakout even more significant. If you decide to trade Kenya Airways Ltd Ord 5.00, you may want to place a stop loss just below the resistance level, in case the breakout is premature.
baby steps...

technically... my thoughts in the chart.

baby steps...
DISCLAIMER
This analysis is designed to inform you on the counter direction. It is not a recommendation to buy or sell but rather a guideline to interpret the market. The information presented should only be used by investors who are aware of the risk inherent in trading. I shall have no liability for any investment decision based on the use of this analysis
It's not over until I win
skype id: karasinga. email: kkarasinga@gmail.com
obiero
#6223 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 10:02:52 PM

karasinga wrote:
karasinga wrote:
Kenya Airways Ltd Ord 5.00 broke above the upside resistance level of 3.43, 2 day(s) ago. This is a bullish sign. This previous resistance level of 3.43 may now provide downside support. Volume on the day of the breakout was quite heavy--94% above average. This makes the breakout even more significant. If you decide to trade Kenya Airways Ltd Ord 5.00, you may want to place a stop loss just below the resistance level, in case the breakout is premature.
baby steps...

technically... my thoughts in the chart.

baby steps...
DISCLAIMER
This analysis is designed to inform you on the counter direction. It is not a recommendation to buy or sell but rather a guideline to interpret the market. The information presented should only be used by investors who are aware of the risk inherent in trading. I shall have no liability for any investment decision based on the use of this analysis

The strike threat took down the volume action.. Tomorrow will guide us to the truth. I await the KES 2 that @spikes predicted

Spikes
#6224 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 10:05:46 PM

@ karasinga Explain what you mean by complex correction?
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
karasinga
#6225 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 10:25:06 PM

Spikes wrote:

Technically, if you keenly check structural analysis(words in blue), KQ recent close of 4.8(a close that was last seen on january 22nd 2016) was an expectation failure(making a NSH). when this happens, a complex deep correction almost always follows(tentatively to between 3.9 and 3.4).
hope this makes sense. just an opinion
baby steps...
murchr
#6226 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 10:37:49 PM

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Spikes
#6227 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 10:39:11 PM

karasinga wrote:
Spikes wrote:

Technically, if you keenly check structural analysis(words in blue), KQ recent close of 4.8(a close that was last seen on january 22nd 2016) was an expectation failure(making a NSH). when this happens, a complex deep correction almost always follows(tentatively to between 3.9 and 3.4).
baby steps...

@Karasinga if someone boards at 6/- definitely he/she will become fodder for profit taking by lower entrants?
Spikes
#6228 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 10:45:51 PM

murchr wrote:

This one remains to be treated as rumours unless we are told they bought from whom?
karasinga
#6229 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 11:07:31 PM

Spikes wrote:
karasinga wrote:
Spikes wrote:

baby steps...

@Karasinga if someone boards at 6/- definitely he/she will become fodder for profit taking by lower entrants?

precisely... will be interesting to watch price action around 5 and 6. price action is the king...
ArrestedDev
#6230 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 1:35:10 AM

obiero wrote:
mibbz wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate-News/Emirates-says-may-cut-Africa-flights/539550-3421042-8qlftpz/index.html

Emirates can drop Abuja but when KQ does the same it's called mismanagement

They haven't arrive at a decision to suspend as you purport to put it. Do not compare KQ with Emirates. In fact if Emirates drops the route then KQ should take the advantage of it. The backbone of KQ's operations is in Africa, every route must be evaluated very carefully based on the correct information. Mismanagement is taking place under Ngunze, it is not a secret any more unless you are ignorant of the truth. The quality of his decisions is questionable.

Both are airlines. Everyone with Internet knows what is happening in Nigeria. The country is in recession and outflow of forex is crippling. Btw, questioning of authority without reasonable cause is frowned upon even in the Holy Books. Meanwhile KQ touched KES 5 today.. No respite in the upwards break out

Both are totally different airlines. Even with recession, it does not mean people are not flying to that Country. The major reason why airlines especially long haul ( above 6 hours) as the case with Emirates are evaluating due to fuel shortages. Which authority should not be questioned? Ngunze's? His days are numbered.

Nigeria has 2 main issues: Ever worsening currency devaluation and scarce jet fuel.Those are some of the two key drivers of profitability/loss in airline industry and in this case, makes it hard to even plan for a month.

KQ is already planning to withdraw from the Abuja route and Gaborone from Nov 15th. Emirates continues to evaluate as it can leverage on the group operations to temporarily cushion a loss making route. KQ really does not have this option.

Thanks @mibbz for bringing logic to the table.. Further, even with the currency devaluation, Nigeria has shortage of forex hence most airlines aren't getting payment for services rendered. KQ currently has over 2B in revenue stuck in Nigeria. Of what use is it to keep flying while no assurance is made of repatriation of funds

I am not disputing the reality. In fact, many economies in Africa now are struggling, Malawi for instance has been having issues with forex since 2012 and airlines are facing the problem till today, Angola, Mozambique, South Sudan and even Sudan had imposed restrictions on repatriations. What is of concern is the route evaluation/management strategy being used by executives in KQ. Abuja is still a new route for KQ and it could not have reached the break even point yet. The investment they made in marketing this route, e.g. they sponsored fully a golf tournament in Abuja will never be recouped if the route is not evaluated well.They withdrew from Delhi and KLM flew in to take advantage of the slot left by KQ, ET introduced a double daily flight. All points to some underlying issues in route management not being addressed.
enyands
#6231 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 3:25:06 AM

This MJ guy will turn this thing to be a gold. I always said before Mungu what wrong did we the "rich melanin" do you for our skin always to be thinking the opposite of what "lack melanin-whites " think.

Ooh God Africa is rich with resources , man power , weather , culture......call it and we are one of the poorest continents in the world .Please God why?
Angelica _ann
#6232 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 6:01:24 AM

Spikes wrote:
murchr wrote:

This one remains to be treated as rumours unless we are told they bought from whom?

So @Obiero is also up there around 0.06% smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
sparkly
#6233 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 6:46:13 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
As keyboard critiques keep typing away, let's see whether the share price will fall today, at day 103.. There comes a time to make money, my time is now. Just like before on HFCK, SBU, BoK, KCB.. Arrogantly I refer to myself as the ultimate insider

Tomorrow is promised to no one not even the president of USA. Like I live for KES 0.35 dividend per YEAR? Soo juvenile that statement.. We invest for the next generation and the bible says that it is better to leave an inheritance.. Why live for a meager dividend?? Capital gains define my investment strategy

Tafakari hayo.

I have made a gross paper gain of KES 1,047,200 on KQ in the last 2 months with rise from KES 3.3 to KES 5 on a holding of 616,000 shares.. Tafakari hayo

Zero-sum gains. As long as KQ has negative reserves, poor management, tough operating environment and crushing loans... price will go up on rumours then coming crashing down like dominos.

Let's review by January.
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#6234 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 7:59:36 AM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:

Tafakari hayo.

Zero-sum gains. As long as KQ has negative reserves, poor management, tough operating environment and crushing loans... price will go up on rumours then coming crashing down like dominos.

Let's review by January.

LOL. Africans are soo negative. Did you even watch the interview by incoming chair? Meanwhile, Hondius has been earmarked as possible next CEO.. Only racial factors may block his appointment

sparkly
#6235 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 8:15:09 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:

Tafakari hayo.

Let's review by January.

LOL. Africans are soo negative. Did you even watch the interview by incoming chair? Meanwhile, Hondius has been earmarked as possible next CEO.. Only racial factors may block his appointment

You think the new CEO will save the airline just because he is white?
Life is short. Live passionately.
Impunity
#6236 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 8:43:37 AM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:

Tafakari hayo.

You can burn the tree one day to make charcoal out of it, this is the so called capital gain.

Fruits are dividents which may nbe tiny emaciated fruits.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Impunity
#6237 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 8:50:01 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:

Tafakari hayo.

Let's review by January.

@Hondius ndiyo nani?

Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

nzalela
#6238 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 8:59:20 AM

Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:

Tafakari hayo.

Let's review by January.

@Hondius ndiyo nani?

Current Jambo jet CEO
obiero
#6239 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 9:51:34 AM

nzalela wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:

Tafakari hayo.

Let's review by January.

@Hondius ndiyo nani?

Current Jambo jet CEO

@vvs is very silent as we cross to KES 5.20

heri
#6240 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 10:13:29 AM

obiero wrote:
nzalela wrote:
Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:

Tafakari hayo.

Let's review by January.

@Hondius ndiyo nani?

Current Jambo jet CEO

@vvs is very silent as we cross to KES 5.20

Well done @ Obiero. Mimi sasa ni kumeza mate as you eat nyama

i see someone can make money even in a dry period like this one we have been in