wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

151 Pages«<6263646566>»
Law Capping interest rates
obiero
#1261 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 10:13:37 PM

alma1 wrote:
Obiero after your fiasco with KQ I really wonder about you..

So Kenya is going to a recession because of banks not lending? Which school of economics is that one? Banks always lend. Maybe not to you or Wanjiku but they'll lend to someone...They'll call it credit, mortgage, bonds, Loc, mutual fund etc, but banking is about lending...

That was point one.

Second point.

Economies don't die because banks don't lend to Wanjiku. They go into recession 99% of the time because of poor gov't fiscal policies.

So unless you are a Jubilee apologist, you are going nuts again. There is going to be a recession in Kenya. Just look at the body language of the CBK governor. Look at guru's posts.

The worry for banks is that just as quickly as this bill passed, Obiero shall come up with some silly idea that it's because of the banks..

Fact is, Jubilee has borrowed money that my kids can't pay to build a railway line that should have been built with 1978 technology. It has also borrowed money to give Masukumas love child Mutahi Ngunyi money he wanted to steal.

This is like the white guys who say that blacks should be excited since they are americans even though they are shot every 2 days.

I made you write a whole essay. Lols

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
alma1
#1262 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 10:43:38 PM

obiero wrote:
alma1 wrote:

So Kenya is going to a recession because of banks not lending? Which school of economics is that one? Banks always lend. Maybe not to you or Wanjiku but they'll lend to someone...They'll call it credit, mortgage, bonds, Loc, mutual fund etc, but banking is about lending...

That was point one.

Second point.

Economies don't die because banks don't lend to Wanjiku. They go into recession 99% of the time because of poor gov't fiscal policies.

So unless you are a Jubilee apologist, you are going nuts again. There is going to be a recession in Kenya. Just look at the body language of the CBK governor. Look at guru's posts.

The worry for banks is that just as quickly as this bill passed, Obiero shall come up with some silly idea that it's because of the banks..

Fact is, Jubilee has borrowed money that my kids can't pay to build a railway line that should have been built with 1978 technology. It has also borrowed money to give Masukumas love child Mutahi Ngunyi money he wanted to steal.

This is like the white guys who say that blacks should be excited since they are americans even though they are shot every 2 days.

I write essays for a living
You still have KQ in your signature
Go figure
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

obiero
#1263 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 7:09:34 AM

alma1 wrote:
obiero wrote:
alma1 wrote:

That was point one.

Second point.

Go figure

Shallow essays maybe.. Its clear that banks form a large portion of the precipitation factors http://positivemoney.org/issues/recessions-crisis/

iris
#1264 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 6:53:33 PM

alma1 wrote:
obiero wrote:
alma1 wrote:

That was point one.

Second point.

Go figure

@Alma1, Murchr indicated that you know a thing or two about growth hacking. How do I get in touch with you? My email address is irisdotrunga at gmail.com. Would you drop me a line?
CheckYourSix
#1265 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 8:49:41 PM

Quote:
Code:
Quote:
iris wrote:
alma1 wrote:
obiero wrote:
alma1 wrote:

That was point one.

Second point.

Go figure

@Alma1, Murchr indicated that you know a thing or two about growth hacking. How do I get in touch with you? My email address is irisdotrunga at gmail.com. Would you drop me a line?

I will just leave this hear. 30mins everybody on Wazua need to spend their time on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHe0bXAIuk0

How the Economic Machine Works
obiero
#1266 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2016 9:28:49 PM

CheckYourSix wrote:
Quote:
Code:
Quote:
iris wrote:
alma1 wrote:
obiero wrote:
alma1 wrote:

That was point one.

Second point.

Go figure

I will just leave this hear. 30mins everybody on Wazua need to spend their time on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHe0bXAIuk0

How the Economic Machine Works

A good share @checkyoursix

murchr
#1267 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 5:03:03 AM

washiku
#1268 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 10:05:17 AM

bird_man
#1269 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 10:11:26 AM

It's a pity that CRBs are seen as evil institutions that only blacklist individuals .GOK/CBK should ensure that banks share positive credit info as well...that way, customers get a proper credit score that aggregates both negative & positive lending info. It also helps differentiate between bad,good and very good customers. Very good customers(e.g repaid HELB,5 Sacco loans,4 bank loans & 30 mobile loans bila default) can get hire purchase deals at Nakumatt,get lower interest rates with Banks,get deals with Zuku etc etc. This would reduce rates and give real power to the consumer.
Black listing & rate capping are short-cuts instead of offering the full solution.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
washiku
#1270 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 10:24:25 AM

bird_man wrote:

It's a pity that CRBs are seen as evil institutions that only blacklist individuals .GOK/CBK should ensure that banks share positive credit info as well...that way, customers get a proper credit score that aggregates both negative & positive lending info. It also helps differentiate between bad,good and very good customers. Very good customers(e.g repaid HELB,5 Sacco loans,4 bank loans & 30 mobile loans bila default) can get hire purchase deals at Nakumatt,get lower interest rates with Banks,get deals with Zuku etc etc. This would reduce rates and give real power to the consumer.
Black listing & rate capping are short-cuts instead of offering the full solution.

The law allows the banks to list positive lending info. In fact, it is the sama banks that have not been keen in doing so. Lending was simple, as long as one is not listed, you get. If you are listed, you go clear and come back and get the loan. Banks did not have any motivation to get their hands dirty in such analytics because the market was big, returns were huge and thus they could still make huge profits even with high NPLs. But now that the returns are low, such analytics will make a lot of sense, hence the same banks will start changing their behaviors and listing both positive and negative info. Intelligence lending will be their only way.
bird_man
#1271 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 10:34:57 AM

washiku wrote:
bird_man wrote:

The law allows the banks to list positive lending info. In fact, it is the sama banks that have not been keen in doing so. Lending was simple, as long as one is not listed, you get. If you are listed, you go clear and come back and get the loan. Banks did not have any motivation to get their hands dirty in such analytics because the market was big, returns were huge and thus they could still make huge profits even with high NPLs. But now that the returns are low, such analytics will make a lot of sense, hence the same banks will start changing their behaviors and listing both positive and negative info. Intelligence lending will be their only way.

They still wont share positive credit info....this is where CBK needs to come in and flex...suspend their settlement accounts or something! The 3 big banks control 60% of the market share...EQTY,KCB,Coop,CBA have no interest in letting Victoria or Ecobank get data about their customers.
CBK needs to flex their muscle here and this is what will truly create competition in lending. Anything else is artificial and a short cut which denies the informal individuals and SME from accessing credit.
I'd love to hear a radio advert one day saying "All customers between age 25-28 with a credit score of 2 or below, rush to Nakumatt for a credit deal on the new Samsung etc..or all wazees between age 30-45 rush to Toyota Kenya and get a pickup at 13% financing for your biashara etc etc"
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
washiku
#1272 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 10:47:51 AM

bird_man wrote:
washiku wrote:
bird_man wrote:

They still wont share positive credit info....this is where CBK needs to come in and flex...suspend their settlement accounts or something! The 3 big banks control 60% of the market share...EQTY,KCB,Coop,CBA have no interest in letting Victoria or Ecobank get data about their customers.
CBK needs to flex their muscle here and this is what will truly create competition in lending. Anything else is artificial and a short cut which denies the informal individuals and SME from accessing credit.
I'd love to hear a radio advert one day saying "All customers between age 25-28 with a credit score of 2 or below, rush to Nakumatt for a credit deal on the new Samsung etc..or all wazees between age 30-45 rush to Toyota Kenya and get a pickup at 13% financing for your biashara etc etc"

Haki nimezeeka yaniSad Sad
Ericsson
#1273 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 4:49:49 PM

http://www.nation.co.ke/...84524-hqlbd4z/index.html
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
streetwise
#1274 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 8:21:52 AM

Is it true that KCB MPESA loan is no longer on offer.

Did KCB make an announcement to that effect
penkon
#1275 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 8:43:22 AM

streetwise wrote:

http://www.the-star.co.k...s-mobile-loans_c1427201
watesh
#1276 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 8:57:33 AM

penkon wrote:
streetwise wrote:

i see many people complaining about not being able to access loans via the service. I dont even know why KCB was so quick to react to Equity's mobile loan rate reduction move when they would have just sat back and watched. Now its like they have shut down, losing all the goodwill gained. Meanwhile Mshwari is still working perfectly, got my loan approved in 20 seconds when i had an emergency.
bird_man
#1277 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 9:03:19 AM

penkon wrote:
streetwise wrote:

I reported that on Monday last week. The Equitel loan limits were also revised downwards last week.
See nobody will offer a STRANGER 1,000sh and ask for 12sh return in 30days. There are better (less risky) places to invest your 1K bob at.
streetwise
#1278 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 10:26:36 AM

This decision I am sure was made by guys in finance.

The guys in marketing and strategy must be crying and very sad seeing their customers migrate
Ericsson
#1279 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 11:01:02 AM

Coop share price is firing cylinders up.
Gaining slowly anyone with the reason?
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#1280 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 1:13:12 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Coop share price is firing cylinders up.
Gaining slowly anyone with the reason?

Only question the abnormal