wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

AirBnB
hardwood
#1 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 11:09:11 PM

I have been thinking of letting out one of my rooms, or lease an apartment in an upmarket area and let it out. Any wazuan doing AirBnB to give the pros and cons?
ianmwash
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2016 6:12:57 AM

Good venture. My small sister did it and after two years she had enough cash to go abroad and she's paying her own fees. Issue with leasing is you must be ready for a dry spell in that you won't get clients all year round, safer to start with your own place to avoid the extra costs of leasing and furnishing.
Fullykenyan
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 06, 2016 5:40:51 PM

hardwood wrote:
I have been thinking of letting out one of my rooms, or lease an apartment in an upmarket area and let it out. Any wazuan doing AirBnB to give the pros and cons?

How far are you now with your plans?
majimaji
#4 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 10:35:41 AM

I developing an small annex (1 bd room servant quarter) for tapping into this market. Good to hear some money can be made.
EngineerLMG
#5 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 2:17:12 PM

majimaji wrote:

I developing an small annex (1 bd room servant quarter) for tapping into this market. Good to hear some money can be made.

Go for it.
But just like renting out a car will result in visits to the mechanic, renting out that bedroom will require repairs - depending on the people who stay at your place.
Sina Jina
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2018 2:59:31 PM

Did you venture into it. how is it so far? ama the quails in that business flew?
Xymalos
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 4:43:44 AM

A friend is looking for AirBnB near Mlolongo (whole apartment/studio - not room sharing), for a duration of one month..Let me know if you have such accommodation available and state the estate.
Ryko
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 9:42:25 AM

Xymalos wrote:
A friend is looking for AirBnB near Mlolongo (whole apartment/studio - not room sharing), for a duration of one month..Let me know if you have such accommodation available and state the estate.

Why not search in the AirBnB website, then instead of mlolongo use JKIA/Syokimau/Mlolongo for lots options. I think there very many options. Athi river area has a zillion apartments with no tenants
I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
MugundaMan
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 1:00:18 PM

Hardwood how did this venture go? There's money in it but I personally wouldnt let out my private space to strangers. Some of them are crazy backpacker kaburu types with the long beards and chawas gathered from all over the world. Or hard drinkers who leave vomit from the previous night's junkets on your guest bedroom sheets!
Juggy
#10 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2019 2:15:26 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Hardwood how did this venture go? There's money in it but I personally wouldnt let out my private space to strangers. Some of them are crazy backpacker kaburu types with the long beards and chawas gathered from all over the world. Or hard drinkers who leave vomit from the previous night's junkets on your guest bedroom sheets!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Well, there's that as a con in the business. the pro in that is you get enough cash to get those beddings and room cleaned up or to buy new ones and host a non-alcoholic next time. I am in the business and kindly see this post I made and let me know what you think. smile

Link: http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...aspx?g=posts&t=37166