4 Pages<1234>
Centum's Mworia is highest paid CEO
researchfirst
#41 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 9:46:49 AM

bird_man wrote:
RichVee wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:
Mworia is an apprentice corporate mercenary, learning from the legendary Chris Kirubi. When they are done with Centum, there will be nothing left to salvage. Why doesn't Mworia and other employees get paid in shares? What do they know that would make them not receive their bonuses in shares? Why would a company pay out over 1 billion in salaries and bonuses and pay just 665 million in 8 years in dividends? It is obvious that employees are gaining more than shareholders which should never be the case.

Didn't Mworia use that money to buy Centum shares?
http://www.businessdaily...4/-/fkv6cp/-/index.html
"Centum’s chief executive James Mworia has acquired four million shares worth Sh207.4 million in the investment company, breaking into the list of the firm’s top 10 shareholders."

The figures match. It helps when the CEO invests in the company.
I would want to believe that at his age, he falls into the category of leaders who would want to leave a legacy of a successful organisation...

His shares now worth about 187M (4M*43sh). So what happens when you con guys off 1B?Plus he could easily exit.The books don't make sense!They live off revaluation gains!

His shares are now worth Sh231.6 million and he says he spent a cumulative Sh315 million of his bonus payments over the years on buying the firm's stock. See http://www.businessdaily...em-0-2q12v2/index.html. That is not an easy position to unload. His interests and the shareholders' seem aligned to me.
mkate_nusu
#42 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 9:53:42 AM

researchfirst wrote:
bird_man wrote:
RichVee wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:
Mworia is an apprentice corporate mercenary, learning from the legendary Chris Kirubi. When they are done with Centum, there will be nothing left to salvage. Why doesn't Mworia and other employees get paid in shares? What do they know that would make them not receive their bonuses in shares? Why would a company pay out over 1 billion in salaries and bonuses and pay just 665 million in 8 years in dividends? It is obvious that employees are gaining more than shareholders which should never be the case.

"Centum’s chief executive James Mworia has acquired four million shares worth Sh207.4 million in the investment company, breaking into the list of the firm’s top 10 shareholders."

I would want to believe that at his age, he falls into the category of leaders who would want to leave a legacy of a successful organisation...

His shares now worth about 187M (4M*43sh). So what happens when you con guys off 1B?Plus he could easily exit.The books don't make sense!They live off revaluation gains!

His shares are now worth Sh231.6 million and he says he spent a cumulative Sh315 million of his bonus payments over the years on buying the firm's stock. See http://www.businessdaily...em-0-2q12v2/index.html. That is not an easy position to unload. His interests and the shareholders' seem aligned to me.

seems it would have made more sense for shareholder interests if he was awarded bonuses in form of shares and that cash could have been used to generate wealth if it were still in the company
KEGN, KPLC, KQ, SCOM
researchfirst
#43 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 10:10:42 AM

mkate_nusu wrote:
researchfirst wrote:
bird_man wrote:
RichVee wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:

seems it would have made more sense for shareholder interests if he was awarded bonuses in form of shares and that cash could have been used to generate wealth if it were still in the company

It would not be beneficial from a shareholder's perspective. As it stands, he is buying shares on the open market. If he were receiving shares as a bonus instead, the company would have to create new shares, thereby diluting the holdings of existing shareholders. It would essentially be a bonus issue that ordinary shareholders couldn't participate in. As for alignment, if you look at the annual report, the bonuses are tied to continued wealth creation and partially deferred. If they don't continue to perform, they don't get some of their money. I don't have a problem with the structure.
Ericsson
#44 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 11:37:20 AM

There is nothing extra ordinary James Mworia has done.
I'm sure some Wazuans if given the job would have done much better and rewarded shareholders handsomely.
As someone said what is being done is transferring money from one side to another with creative and fake accounting being done on the books.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
mkenyan
#45 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 11:46:35 AM

RichVee wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Shak wrote:
This must be a very painful read for an Mpig

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Let the youngman eat to create the our generation billionaires soon. You should see his personal projects!!!

Angelica...tuambie, what are some of his personal projects?

follow 'his friend' (him of the range rover fame) on facebook and you shall see photos of one of them - maya or something.
webish
#46 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 12:00:51 PM

mkenyan wrote:
RichVee wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Shak wrote:
This must be a very painful read for an Mpig

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Let the youngman eat to create the our generation billionaires soon. You should see his personal projects!!!

Angelica...tuambie, what are some of his personal projects?

follow 'his friend' (him of the range rover fame) on facebook and you shall see photos of one of them - maya or something.

https://twitter.com/mwor...atus/716909114094456832

d'oh! d'oh!

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
jgithige
#47 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 1:31:32 PM

Ericsson wrote:
I'm sure some Wazuans if given the job would have done much better and rewarded shareholders handsomely.
As someone said what is being done is transferring money from one side to another with creative and fake accounting being done on the books.

As much its agreed that employees should be motivated and rewarded, this one is pure greed
"Blowing out someone else candle won't make yours shine brighter"-Anonymous
kaka2za
#48 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 1:39:00 PM

Ericsson wrote:

Success is for the smart and lucky not necessarily the best(Chinua Achebe)
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Pesa Nane
#49 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 12:46:47 AM

researchfirst wrote:
bird_man wrote:
RichVee wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:

Pay OBESE bonuses and NIL dividends
Nil Dividend = Suffocated share price
Buy on the cheap with the bonus + add "I'm also taking a hit" lie
Own bigger and bigger share of the company
Start paying (fat) dividends, offer bonus shares, pump
FLIP
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
The Great
#50 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 5:21:53 AM

@Pesa8 u nailed it
"Buy when there's blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own."
Lolest!
#51 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 8:38:00 AM

Pesa Nane wrote:
researchfirst wrote:
bird_man wrote:
RichVee wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:

FLIP

Genius!
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
enyands
#52 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:20:59 AM

Pesa Nane wrote:
researchfirst wrote:
bird_man wrote:
RichVee wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:

FLIP

Bow down to you 8c. Umegusa gspot Laughing out loudly . It's true
Ericsson
#53 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:43:18 AM

Na mtu anacum
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Aguytrying
#54 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 11:10:48 AM

enyands wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
researchfirst wrote:
bird_man wrote:
RichVee wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:

FLIP

8/8

The only shareholders interests he is aligned with are his own shareholder interests.

A firm that perform these clever acrobatics that seem so genius and innovative. Is normally headed down a slippery path. Shareholders be warned.

Don't be caught dancing when the music stops
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
sparkly
#55 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2016 6:05:07 AM

Aguytrying wrote:
enyands wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
researchfirst wrote:
bird_man wrote:
RichVee wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Jon Jones wrote:

FLIP

8/8

The only shareholders interests he is aligned with are his own shareholder interests.

A firm that perform these clever acrobatics that seem so genius and innovative. Is normally headed down a slippery path. Shareholders be warned.

Don't be caught dancing when the music stops

I agree with you 100%. The employees eating the top cream while shareholders bear the risk.
Life is short. Live passionately.
kimanimsc
#56 Posted : Saturday, October 08, 2016 3:21:07 PM

"Thank you HE@ UKenyatta for affording me the opportunity to serve as Chancellor of Machakos University. I am truly honoured." Says Mworia

https://twitter.com/Mwor...tatus/784384898454945792
Spikes
#57 Posted : Saturday, October 08, 2016 4:39:46 PM

kimanimsc wrote:

"Thank you HE@ UKenyatta for affording me the opportunity to serve as Chancellor of Machakos University. I am truly honoured." Says Mworia

https://twitter.com/Mwor...atus/784384898454945792

Such appointment does not add value to Centum stock.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
VituVingiSana
#58 Posted : Saturday, October 08, 2016 9:03:44 PM

Spikes wrote:
kimanimsc wrote:

Agreed! CEOs should be 100% dedicated to one firm.
Naikuni was on so many boards while KQ was being ripped off.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Swenani
#59 Posted : Saturday, October 08, 2016 9:16:38 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Spikes wrote:
kimanimsc wrote:

Agreed! CEOs should be 100% dedicated to one firm.
Naikuni was on so many boards while he was ripping off KQ.

If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
researchfirst
#60 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2016 9:20:49 PM

Spikes wrote:
kimanimsc wrote:

I am sorry to say it, but Wazuans are stupid. What country do you live in? I live in Kenya.

How many have gotten rich as an enemy of Government? How many have gotten rich as a friend of Government?

Who will win next year (regardless of who you want)? Who is a friend of those who will win and which company is he fronting?

Read the tea leaves, regardless of your scruples. We aren't here for moral principles. We are here to make money. Wish it was otherwise, but it is not.