Horton
#121 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2016 10:18:29 AM

Swenani wrote:
Horton wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
Horton wrote:
The Great wrote:
Is this Researchfirst guy the DJ? So defensive. Pulling titles and names.

Or it could be someone passionate about centum?!?!? I highly doubt dj has the time or the motivation to come here and debate

He did once especially that time when guys were fired up here at wazua about the 1 billion bonus payout and he tweeted that he has had people are mad about the 1b payout abs if they have a problem they should "ask chris"". I think murchir copied that here

The DJ, Ngunze, Bob Collymore are confirmed members of wazua

Confirmed? Really?

What if Angelica Anne is DJ?

"What if" is terribly distant from "confirmed members" 😎
dsktop
#122 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:12:32 PM

dsktop wrote:
researchfirst wrote:
murchr wrote:
dsktop wrote:
poor centum shareholders.....company has a weak cashflow sustained only by borrowing(bonds this year,last year loan from avic et al all at 6B).The income statement is buoyed by revaluation gain,exaggerated at that!....and forced books as in can anyone show me the source of 4,695,509 listed in the cashflow as purchase of investment property cause its not explained by note 14 ...and by the way that is 4.6Billion

Anyone please explain? Who audits Centum's books?

pwc are their auditors.

If you look at the annual report, it was not revaluation gains but beverage sales that were by far the biggest income driver (8,140,574,000 in FY16 versus 36,792,000 in FY15). See note 6. The unrealised gains in investment property were 5,118,581,000 in FY16 and 1,737,045,000 in FY15). Again, note 6. Given the disclosures in note 14, they seem reasonable to me.

Ok great.
one question though,what growth does that represent i.e from 36.7M in FY15 to 8.14B in FY16 is it realistic to you?

Also kindly show me the make up of their cashflow figure for investment property 4,695,509 noting that under note 39 they have already handled the 5,118,581,000 when determining the cash from operations 3,631,542,000

please solve this conundrum

Gatheuzi
#123 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:58:17 PM

dsktop wrote:
dsktop wrote:
researchfirst wrote:
murchr wrote:
dsktop wrote:
poor centum shareholders.....company has a weak cashflow sustained only by borrowing(bonds this year,last year loan from avic et al all at 6B).The income statement is buoyed by revaluation gain,exaggerated at that!....and forced books as in can anyone show me the source of 4,695,509 listed in the cashflow as purchase of investment property cause its not explained by note 14 ...and by the way that is 4.6Billion

pwc are their auditors.

If you look at the annual report, it was not revaluation gains but beverage sales that were by far the biggest income driver (8,140,574,000 in FY16 versus 36,792,000 in FY15). See note 6. The unrealised gains in investment property were 5,118,581,000 in FY16 and 1,737,045,000 in FY15). Again, note 6. Given the disclosures in note 14, they seem reasonable to me.

Ok great.
one question though,what growth does that represent i.e from 36.7M in FY15 to 8.14B in FY16 is it realistic to you?

Also kindly show me the make up of their cashflow figure for investment property 4,695,509 noting that under note 39 they have already handled the 5,118,581,000 when determining the cash from operations 3,631,542,000

Nice catch....Numbers don't lie, people do.
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
murchr
#124 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2016 7:01:28 PM

Wazua is back. Thanks dsktop for the highlight
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
mibbz
#125 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2016 8:14:45 PM

Gatheuzi wrote:
dsktop wrote:
dsktop wrote:
researchfirst wrote:
murchr wrote:
dsktop wrote:

pwc are their auditors.

Ok great.

Nice catch....Numbers don't lie, people do.

Professor Dsktop, great spot and welcome back!
ngapat
#126 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2016 11:24:21 PM

I said these guys will Award themselves bonuses and use the same bonuses to acquire the whole company
“Invest in yourself. Your career is the engine of your wealth.”
alotoftalk
#127 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 2:16:30 AM

dsktop wrote:
dsktop wrote:
researchfirst wrote:
murchr wrote:
dsktop wrote:

pwc are their auditors.

Ok great.

I have not broken down the numbers but my 1st look says the culprit is the capitalized subsequent expenditure of KES 9.4 Billion and capitalized borrowings of KES 399 Million. The fact that these significant amounts were not explained on the MD&A or notes creates an element of poor quality reporting.
Investment philosophy development in progress...
alotoftalk
#128 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 2:29:36 AM

ngapat wrote:
I said these guys will Award themselves bonuses and use the same bonuses to acquire the whole company

Transfer of wealth from shareholders to management via the back door. What they are currently running is almost an hedge fund model (2 and 20) but where the investors are not accredited investors.

There is need for a real balance between reward for performance and fair management compensation. I support the scheme but it needs to be capped or structured in a different manner.

In the last 5 years he has probably received between 3% and 8% of consolidated cash-flow generated from operations [if you include employees this may go higher].

Except for the generous reinvestment in the company shares [which may be at a disadvantage to the non-dividend receiving shareholders who needed to sell shares to create liquidity], it's very hard to claw back cash if this is an Enron situation in the making.

Why not grant him options instead? Options encourage better results over the long term.

*end of rant*

Investment philosophy development in progress...
Spikes
#129 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 3:25:21 PM

This stock has exhausted speculators who have been selling off @43.xy. Expect a rally from tomorrow. Next stop 50/- plus.
🙌🙌🙌
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
heri
#130 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 11:20:11 AM

https://www.theguardian....-countrys-coal-industry

The Dutch parliament has voted for a 55% cut in CO2 emissions by 2030, which would require the closure of all the country’s coal-fired power plants.

enyands
#131 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 1:50:56 PM

heri wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/sep/23/dutch-parliament-votes-to-close-down-countrys-coal-industry

The Dutch parliament has voted for a 55% cut in CO2 emissions by 2030, which would require the closure of all the country’s coal-fired power plants.

@heri do how is this related to centum
Ericsson
#132 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 1:52:00 PM

@enyands
Lamu Coal Power Plant
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Spikes
#133 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 1:55:10 PM

enyands wrote:
heri wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/sep/23/dutch-parliament-votes-to-close-down-countrys-coal-industry

Despite globalization KE is a different jurisdiction; how relevant is that to Centum?
heri
#134 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 2:08:09 PM

Spikes wrote:
enyands wrote:
heri wrote:

Despite globalization KE is a different jurisdiction; how relevant is that to Centum?

Coal powered plants do not represent the future of where the rest of the world is moving to in energy and environmental matters .
sparkly
#135 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 8:22:50 PM

heri wrote:
Spikes wrote:
enyands wrote:
heri wrote:

Coal powered plants do not represent the future of where the rest of the world is moving to in energy and environmental matters .

Reality check buddy. 80% of the Kenya population uses firewood. Firewood = deforestation + carbon emissions. Coal is a huge improvement from firewood.
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#136 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 8:44:21 PM

sparkly wrote:
heri wrote:
Spikes wrote:
enyands wrote:
heri wrote:

Reality check buddy. 80% of the Kenya population uses firewood. Firewood = deforestation + carbon emissions. Coal is a huge improvement from firewood.

Coal is used for the production of power in many countries. Whereas its use is diminishing in various "western" countries [which can afford other means], it is still widely used in developing countries. Cheaper coal will (hopefully) make for cheaper electricity.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#137 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 8:49:44 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
heri wrote:
Spikes wrote:
enyands wrote:
heri wrote:

Coal is used for the production of power in many countries. Whereas its use is diminishing in various "western" countries [which can afford other means], it is still widely used in developing countries. Cheaper coal will (hopefully) make for cheaper electricity.

100% right. Let's learn to crawl before we can run.
Coal and LNG are going to be huge in Africa in the coming years.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Realtreaty
#138 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 12:13:58 AM

sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
heri wrote:
Spikes wrote:
enyands wrote:
heri wrote:

100% right. Let's learn to crawl before we can run.
Coal and LNG are going to be huge in Africa in the coming years.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Africa can also make environment dirty like USA, China and Russia have done. India still using coal and is still poor.
My fear is that politicians are lining up to use Mui coal basin for election politics.
Ericsson
#139 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 8:03:32 AM

The problem was African leaders and politicians is the greed for bribed.
look at today's newspaper where KENHA is protesting why a road contract was awarded to H Young and not China wu yi.China Wu Yi bribed the officials and they are scared of returning the proceeds
http://www.businessdaily...95692-jlsk25/index.html
Wu Yi
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Spikes
#140 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2016 8:24:11 PM

http://www.businessdaily...968-12kt5ixz/index.html

Bogus and irrelevant stories making this stock to walk against them. Watakipata na bado! Gloating on how they are eating shareholder money, nkt.