wazua Wed, May 15, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

KPLC new connection
tinker
#1 Posted : Friday, June 03, 2016 1:12:53 PM

Hi Wazuan

After effort-full task of putting up my rental building, just before finishing, I applied for KPLC connection and I was sure it won't take ages as the KPLC Main lines are passing right in front of the premises, in fact KPLC pole is less than 20 Meters to the building.

All wiring was done and now waiting to 'switch ufurahie'
only to be told that, all new connections have been stopped and waiting for the subsidized approval that was announced by PORK last year.

As mush as I would appreciate getting subsidized connection, the wait is taking toll on me considering the 'lost opportunity' as no one will rent the house if there is no power.

can a wazuan advise on the work-around
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
gmg
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 07, 2016 11:33:27 AM

I did 3 phase connection @44k. it took less than a week
tinker
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 07, 2016 6:57:55 PM

@gmg...That was fast. if you won't mind helping out, pliz inbox ur contact to nyoikedan[at]gmail[dot]com
majimaji
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2016 9:02:18 AM

gmg wrote:
I did 3 phase connection @44k. it took less than a week

how much did they 'eat'?
tinker
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 10:58:14 AM

After applying for new KPLC connection, Application E211120160xxxxx, I have been visiting their office almost every week, and literally pushing guys to do what they are paid to do.

Allow me to vet my anger with them here as no one seem to care over there. A new connection paid in June 1st, is yet to be done 3 months later, now we are starting the 4th month. At one point it took 34 days for this honorable staff to update in the system -this was right after "Wayleave approved" status - to move it to "supply created" status, a procedure that just require someone to key in the application details. At the moment, the application is stuck in "PENDING METERING" status for more than a month.

Mind you this is just about 18 Km from the city center, and its only a drop cable required, how is it out there?
Am just wondering how does this company operate, don't they have KPI for their staff?

On a light touch - I talked to a mzee who is my neighbor who told me that, this guys have greatly improved their service, ati it used to be very bad in the past.

Taurrus
#6 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2016 7:38:13 PM

tinker wrote:
After applying for new KPLC connection, Application E211120160xxxxx, I have been visiting their office almost every week, and literally pushing guys to do what they are paid to do.

Allow me to vet my anger with them here as no one seem to care over there. A new connection paid in June 1st, is yet to be done 3 months later, now we are starting the 4th month. At one point it took 34 days for this honorable staff to update in the system -this was right after "Wayleave approved" status - to move it to "supply created" status, a procedure that just require someone to key in the application details. At the moment, the application is stuck in "PENDING METERING" status for more than a month.

Mind you this is just about 18 Km from the city center, and its only a drop cable required, how is it out there?
Am just wondering how does this company operate, don't they have KPI for their staff?

On a light touch - I talked to a mzee who is my neighbor who told me that, this guys have greatly improved their service, ati it used to be very bad in the past.

Inchi ya majambazi!Sad
streetwise
#7 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2016 7:43:34 PM

KPLC are still operating in prehistoric times. They even ask you to be reading your meter and sending them the data every month. They need to remember what happened to telecom who used to fix your phone after you top them.

streetwise
#8 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2016 7:46:12 PM

[quote=streetwise]KPLC are still operating in prehistoric times. They even ask you to be reading your meter and sending them the data every month. They need to remember what happened to telecom who used to fix your phone after you tip them or over the weekend to earn over time