Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

38 Pages«<2930313233>»
Kengen success
Aguytrying
#601 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 9:14:13 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Kengen statistics based on FY 2015 results.
1.R.O.E- 8%
2.E.P.S- kshs 1.80
3.DPS- kshs 0.65
4.PER- kshs 3.50
5.Debt/equity-142%
6.ROA-3%
7.Shareholders equity- 141,594,000,000
8.Debts-200,926,000,000
9.Assets-342,520,000,000
10.Retained earnings-136,098,000,000

Comments
*Needs to do more to increase return on assets.This will help in reducing high debt to equity ratio.
*Healthy NAV
*Need to reduce debts dependency

FY 2016 results will be released on october.We shall see if there will be any new development.

200 bn in debts. Thats where i ran, debt is a cruel mistress if she turns on you. ask KK, KQ, ARM etc

I agree with you.KK debt is manageable at the ratio of 94% to equity.Both KQ and ARM are out of hands.Kq repay their debts at 7 bilion annualy.The total debt is 113 bilion.It will take the next 16 years for them to clear it.Kengen pays 3 bilion yearly for their 200 bn debts.The uchumi scenerio was scaring.And to add salt to the injury,we shareholders are ranked last during the company liquidation.Debtors are first then preference shareholders.
With the georthermal production which is said to be cheaper than dams construction,i think kengen will do well to try to reduce the debt dependency in the long run.I will keenly be watching their debt/equity ratio YoY.

That's exactly the fear I have. Kengen have no intention or plan to reduce the debt dependency. That 200bn will take decades to clear. If managed well the company company will be ok. All the best
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
sparkly
#602 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 6:54:22 AM

Aguytrying wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
1.R.O.E- 8%
2.E.P.S- kshs 1.80
3.DPS- kshs 0.65
4.PER- kshs 3.50
5.Debt/equity-142%
6.ROA-3%
8.Debts-200,926,000,000
9.Assets-342,520,000,000

Comments
*Needs to do more to increase return on assets.This will help in reducing high debt to equity ratio.
*Healthy NAV

FY 2016 results will be released on october.We shall see if there will be any new development.

200 bn in debts. Thats where i ran, debt is a cruel mistress if she turns on you. ask KK, KQ, ARM etc

I agree with you.KK debt is manageable at the ratio of 94% to equity.Both KQ and ARM are out of hands.Kq repay their debts at 7 bilion annualy.The total debt is 113 bilion.It will take the next 16 years for them to clear it.Kengen pays 3 bilion yearly for their 200 bn debts.The uchumi scenerio was scaring.And to add salt to the injury,we shareholders are ranked last during the company liquidation.Debtors are first then preference shareholders.
With the georthermal production which is said to be cheaper than dams construction,i think kengen will do well to try to reduce the debt dependency in the long run.I will keenly be watching their debt/equity ratio YoY.

That's exactly the fear I have. Kengen have no intention or plan to reduce the debt dependency. That 200bn will take decades to clear. If managed well the company company will be ok. All the best

Lifespan of a power plant is 25-30 years. That is how long a well matched capital mix should take to clear the debt per project.

On Kengen debt:

1. Most debt is concessionary (around 4%-6%),
2.long tenure (average 15yrs),3. guaranteed by Treasury,
4. Kengen is virtually a monopoly,
5.Forex changes are hedged by direct charge to consumer through Kenya Power,
6.recent rights reduced debt by approx 30b, increased equity by approx 30b.

Concern for Kengen is if:
1.debt is excessive (130% debt to equity is considered normal for power utilities, 200% or more excessive).
2. Debt is too expensive - Someone can help on this analysis

Nevertheless i agree that Kengen needs to strike an optimal debt equity ratio, improve ROA, ROCE. With current capital Kengen should be making PBT of 50B.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Aguytrying
#603 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 12:21:47 PM

sparkly wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
1.R.O.E- 8%
2.E.P.S- kshs 1.80
3.DPS- kshs 0.65
4.PER- kshs 3.50
5.Debt/equity-142%
6.ROA-3%
8.Debts-200,926,000,000
9.Assets-342,520,000,000

Comments
*Healthy NAV

Lifespan of a power plant is 25-30 years. That is how long a well matched capital mix should take to clear the debt per project.

On Kengen debt:

1.debt is excessive (130% debt to equity is considered normal for power utilities, 200% or more excessive).

Nevertheless i agree that Kengen needs to strike an optimal debt equity ratio, improve ROA, ROCE. With current capital Kengen should be making PBT of 50B.

Thanks for those facts. Lets hope the company will be managed well, everything else will take care of itself after that.
True on the ROA. very true
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
sparkly
#604 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 10:12:14 AM

Aguytrying wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
1.R.O.E- 8%
2.E.P.S- kshs 1.80
3.DPS- kshs 0.65
4.PER- kshs 3.50
5.Debt/equity-142%
6.ROA-3%
8.Debts-200,926,000,000
9.Assets-342,520,000,000

Comments
*Healthy NAV

On Kengen debt:

Thanks for those facts. Lets hope the company will be managed well, everything else will take care of itself after that.

@Aguy investing in stocks is risky business.

Look at guys shunned Kengen, were heavy on banks. It's now their turn to cry and Kengen is all but forgotten.
Ebenyo
#605 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 9:33:28 PM

sparkly wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
1.R.O.E- 8%
2.E.P.S- kshs 1.80
3.DPS- kshs 0.65
4.PER- kshs 3.50
5.Debt/equity-142%
6.ROA-3%
8.Debts-200,926,000,000
9.Assets-342,520,000,000

Comments
*Healthy NAV

On Kengen debt:

Look at guys shunned Kengen, were heavy on banks. It's now their turn to cry and Kengen is all but forgotten.

On the contrary,its an opportunity for long term investors to load more of banking stocks of their choice.Banks will overcome the meltdown in the longrun.
On kengen,i think guys are weary of the dilution factor after the recent rights issue.Lets wait for FY 2016 results in october for the way forward.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
sparkly
#606 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 10:34:17 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
1.R.O.E- 8%
2.E.P.S- kshs 1.80
3.DPS- kshs 0.65
4.PER- kshs 3.50
5.Debt/equity-142%
6.ROA-3%
8.Debts-200,926,000,000
9.Assets-342,520,000,000

Comments
*Healthy NAV

On Kengen debt:

On the contrary,its an opportunity for long term investors to load more of banking stocks of their choice.Banks will overcome the meltdown in the longrun.
On kengen,i think guys are weary of the dilution factor after the recent rights issue.Lets wait for FY 2016 results in october for the way forward.

My argument is that the price crash on the banks is irrational just like on Kengen.
Spikes
#607 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 10:59:08 PM

sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
1.R.O.E- 8%
2.E.P.S- kshs 1.80
3.DPS- kshs 0.65
4.PER- kshs 3.50
5.Debt/equity-142%
6.ROA-3%
8.Debts-200,926,000,000
9.Assets-342,520,000,000

Comments
*Healthy NAV

On Kengen debt:

My argument is that the price crash on the banks is irrational just like on Kengen.

Kujipa moyo nayo? Meanwhile wacha stocks zianguke tununue.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
muandiwambeu
#608 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 4:32:37 AM

sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
1.R.O.E- 8%
2.E.P.S- kshs 1.80
3.DPS- kshs 0.65
4.PER- kshs 3.50
5.Debt/equity-142%
6.ROA-3%
8.Debts-200,926,000,000
9.Assets-342,520,000,000

Comments
*Healthy NAV

On Kengen debt:

p

its called pricing in the risk. capping rates has direct impact on survival rate of the banks. kengen dilutive rights issue eats at your returns and complicates company's ownership structure. since hii pesa ni yangu n i put it where it pay best for the risk taken. banks n kengen got too risky hence the avalance. I luv my money n my fiancée too. eject button fully depressed and m not complaining.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
Realcement
#609 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 7:19:20 PM

Has printed 5.80 today VS 6.55 rights price.
More price correction in coming months.
sparkly
#610 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 6:48:58 AM

Realcement wrote:
Has printed 5.80 today VS 6.55 rights price.
More price correction in coming months.

Investopedia wrote:
A correction is a reverse movement, usually negative, of at least 10% in a stock, bond, commodity or index to adjust for an overvaluation.
Corrections are generally temporary price declines interrupting an uptrend in the market or an asset.
Aguytrying
#611 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 8:35:08 AM

@sparkly. It's so true. When I bought kk and Bamburi they were very unpopular and punished my the market for nothing. Now they are the shinning gems in my portfolio. TPSEA also being punished heavily now.

What I believe, As long as you trust your judgement and that the company will makes good profits in line with your valuations and projections. STICK TO YOUR GUNS, the payday will come
Ebenyo
#612 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 8:56:23 AM

Aguytrying wrote:
@sparkly. It's so true. When I bought kk and Bamburi they were very unpopular and punished my the market for nothing. Now they are the shinning gems in my portfolio. TPSEA also being punished heavily now.

What I believe, As long as you trust your judgement and that the company will makes good profits in line with your valuations and projections. STICK TO YOUR GUNS, the payday will come

Thats very true Aguy.We should go by our own judgement.Advice and opinions are nice but at the end of the day go by your own decision.Im currently very comfortable with my portfolio after making my own decisions.Incase of losses,i wont blame anyone.I will only blame myself.
I first bought kengen at 6.80.Some guys lambasted me for buying at a higher price.With the current price,i could easily work my ABP down to 3.00. In contrast they are crying now because the price is low and they cant sale.At the end of the day,they will remain with their stagnant buying price of 5.00 while i will be averaging mine down to 2.00!
This is the same currently with the banking stocks.Its an opportunity to buy more and bring down the ABP.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
VituVingiSana
#613 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2016 10:19:06 AM

Aguytrying wrote:

Amen! I have KK and TPSEA in my portfolio. I missed out on Bamburi coz I was waiting for a lower price.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
mthaka
#614 Posted : Friday, September 09, 2016 10:01:35 AM

finally above the rights price,any news
Ericsson
#615 Posted : Friday, September 09, 2016 11:26:42 AM

@mthaka
Full year results around the corner
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
mthaka
#616 Posted : Friday, September 09, 2016 11:51:27 AM

Ericsson wrote:
@mthaka
Full year results around the corner
true
Announced a Final dividend of Kes.0.40 on 24-October-2014.

KenGen announced a Final dividend of Kes.0.60 on 30-Oct-2013

so next monthe it is.
hisah
#617 Posted : Friday, September 09, 2016 12:11:11 PM

@sparkly, remember we have a date with you in October to compare notes after the 5.40 low this year was the pin off for the bounce. We will soon know whether the 5.00 level will form a double bottom or crash on the break below in coming weeks.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
sparkly
#618 Posted : Friday, September 09, 2016 12:29:36 PM

hisah wrote:
@sparkly, remember we have a date with you in October to compare notes after the 5.40 low this year was the pin off for the bounce. We will soon know whether the 5.00 level will form a double bottom or crash on the break below in coming weeks.

At 5-6 the bid volumes overwhelm quickly pushing up the prices. Me thinks buyers are accumulating.

I am more concerned with the fundamentals - whether the new revenue streams from last year are recurring, whether the rights issue led to savings on finance costs.
mthaka
#619 Posted : Friday, September 09, 2016 12:34:01 PM

if KenGen announces a Final dividend of Kes.0.30 in October then we can smile all the way to the bank
Ericsson
#620 Posted : Friday, September 09, 2016 12:49:17 PM

"CS Nkaissery declares Sept. 12 public holiday to mark Idd-ul-Adha; a religious commemoration of Abraham’s willingness to sacrifice his son. standardmedia.co.ke"
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle