wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

186 Pages«<103104105106107>»
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20
Aguytrying
#2081 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 11:04:57 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Is the slaughter house active tomorrow? I should think investors will turn up in big numbers for the exercise

I think it will cool down this coming week. The rate of decline will decrease
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
ARAP CHARLES
#2082 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 11:35:01 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Is the slaughter house active tomorrow? I should think investors will turn up in big numbers for the exercise

I think it will cool down this coming week. The rate of decline will decrease

But i have not heard of any doctors to help the casualties.. I think alot of blood is still going to be shed..ama doctor Ticad had some prescribed medications...d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
Watch and Listen and Live
mnandii
#2083 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 7:35:45 PM

We are in a deflationary environment and people are calling for a bottom this early? Remember my very first post on this forum when I called for the market to fall strongly to below 2600 levels (NSE 20 Share Index)? The market was way up in the area of 5400 points, no one believed the forecast.

These people who are calling for a bottom now will keep entering the market hoping that it bounces. Yet the market WILL go right through their Stop Losses. As I've maintained before: DO NOT HOLD ANY STOCKS at all at this moment.

When the right time to buy will come 99% of people will not have the guts to do so!
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
mnandii
#2084 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 7:59:49 PM

Expect the President's popularity to suffer with the declining Social Mood as measured by the NSE 20 Share Index (i.e. as the Index continues to fall, the President's popularity falls with it).
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
Angelica _ann
#2085 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 8:08:25 PM

mnandii wrote:
Expect the President's popularity to suffer with the declining Social Mood as measured by the NSE 20 Share Index (i.e. as the Index continues to fall, the President's popularity falls with it).

Not in Kenya as long as tribal politics is alive smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
mlennyma
#2086 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 8:40:41 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
mnandii wrote:

Do you know majority of Kenyans who vote know nothing about the nse and what happens there?
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
lochaz-index
#2087 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 9:15:54 PM

mnandii wrote:

There is a prickly civil atmosphere doing the rounds. The crowd was baying for banksters' blood...they got it. Problem with this kind of lynch mob psych is that it never stops even after the intended (real or perceived) target/goal is obtained. It keeps chugging along to the extent of becoming detrimental to the well being of the society.

The govt will definitely find itself in trouble sooner rather than later/one way or another. The fate awaiting our political class across the divide is crystal clear to most people. That a majority of voters think the election will be won by the incumbent tells me we might be due for a surprise.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
obiero
#2088 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 9:21:35 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mnandii wrote:

Do you know majority of Kenyans who vote know nothing about the nse and what happens there?

Last time I checked CDS accounts were very few.. Kengen, KenyaRe Safaricom brought most wanjiku into stocks. Indeed many Kenyans don't know about the NSE or even if they do, they don't participate

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Spikes
#2089 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 9:44:51 PM

obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mnandii wrote:

Last time I checked CDS accounts were very few.. Kengen, KenyaRe Safaricom brought most wanjiku into stocks. Indeed many Kenyans don't know about the NSE or even if they do, they don't participate

More than 90% of Kenyans know nothing about NSE and don't want to hear anything to do with stocks. And these Kenyans are voters who love listening to stories on how politicians X and Y own big companies. What astonishes is that they believe in others but not in their abilities however little.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
lochaz-index
#2090 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 9:44:55 PM

mnandii wrote:
We are in a deflationary environment and people are calling for a bottom this early? Remember my very first post on this forum when I called for the market to fall strongly to below 2600 levels (NSE 20 Share Index)? The market was way up in the area of 5400 points, no one believed the forecast.

These people who are calling for a bottom now will keep entering the market hoping that it bounces. Yet the market WILL go right through their Stop Losses. As I've maintained before: DO NOT HOLD ANY STOCKS at all at this moment.

When the right time to buy will come 99% of people will not have the guts to do so!

Most likely the market will dispense with the huge supply volumes then the slow motion downturn will resume in due course.

This particular bear season doesn't appear primed for high octane market action. We've probably seen three digit point(NSE20) losses in two or three instances in the current bear period; when Imperial bank collapsed and the current interest cap aftermath. With sub 3000 just around the corner, to call for the bottom is premature.

I am reading a lot of fear in investors but panic is yet to manifest. As long as you didn't put your lunch money in the stock market you should hold up well but varying risk appetite levels dictates most will lose their shirts.

The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
MadDoc
#2091 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 10:33:27 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
mnandii wrote:

Most likely the market will dispense with the huge supply volumes then the slow motion downturn will resume in due course.

This particular bear season doesn't appear primed for high octane market action. We've probably seen three digit point(NSE20) losses in two or three instances in the current bear period; when Imperial bank collapsed and the current interest cap aftermath. With sub 3000 just around the corner, to call for the bottom is premature.

I am reading a lot of fear in investors but panic is yet to manifest. As long as you didn't put your lunch money in the stock market you should hold up well but varying risk appetite levels dictates most will lose their shirts.

Are you too much a pessimist or what?
80 million supply of shares with no demand.
What would that be if not panic?
Ericsson
#2092 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2016 11:24:23 PM

Safaricom is the only thing holding the NSE from going to 2600 level coz it's still trading cum dividend.
Once it goes ex dividend there will be nothing to stop NSE from going to 2600 levels
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
snipermnoma
#2093 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:14:15 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Safaricom is the only thing holding the NSE from going to 2600 level coz it's still trading cum dividend.
Once it goes ex dividend there will be nothing to stop NSE from going to 2600 levels

Could not agree with you more!
snipermnoma
#2094 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:20:20 AM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mnandii wrote:

More than 90% of Kenyans know nothing about NSE and don't want to hear anything to do with stocks. And these Kenyans are voters who love listening to stories on how politicians X and Y own big companies. What astonishes is that they believe in others but not in their abilities however little.

I think @mnandii is saying the index is a measure of social mood. The lower it goes the more negative the mood, the reason for the negativity is not necessarily the index itself. At least that is my understanding of the post.
snipermnoma
#2095 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:39:41 AM

mnandii wrote:
The fact of the NSE 20 Share index gropping for below 3830 gives me confidence that the bear market in stocks is here to stay and will likely get worse. It should be awakening call for most.

The NSE 20 Share Index started its journey in 1966 at 100. The data available to me on the index is as shown in the chart above from ft.com. The most important thing is that the data fits perfectly into Elliott Waves as they should (after all we are tracking mass human psychology). From this we can proceed to 'predict' the future!

Wave (A) ended at 2360.01 in Mar', 2009.
Wave (B) ended at 5499.64 in Mar', 2015.
The preferred Elliott count suggests that the fall from the 5499.64 level is a wave (C) which has much further to drop.

We can target the final low for the NSE 20 share index which I expect to occur probably in 2017.

Assuming that the movement from 100 to the ultimate high of 6161.46 (on Jan', 2007) is one major Impulse wave, then the waves (A), (B) and (C) are its correction (a wave two). Second waves usually retrace a Fibonacci 61.8 or 78.6% of wave one. Thus:

{6161.46 -( 0.618 X (6161.46 - 100))} = 2415.48

And

{6161.46 - ( 0.786 X (6161 - 100))} = 1397.15

Also, if wave (C) be equal to wave (A) then:

Wave (C) bottom = { 5499.64 - (6161.46-2360.01) } = 1698.19

So targets for wave (C) and thus the ultimate bottom for the NSE 20 Share Index are 2415.48, 1698.19 or 1397.15.

The alternate scenario is that wave (B) is not complete and thus a move above 5499.64 is in the cards. I give this scenario a low probability since the proposed wave (B) would appear too stretched.

Analysis of the shorter term will show in these pages soon.

#BEST.

Here we go...and I thought this will not happen!
mkate_nusu
#2096 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 12:18:20 PM

mlennyma wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Any let off and signs of rebound on bank stocks next week?

A rebound is likely Friday next week.

All other days a pool of blood coz banking stocks are under a butcher's knife.

for kcb and equity some investors must cancel their sell orders for calm to return otherwise next week will be reeeed,other bank stocks show some calm almost arriving

come slowly brother. some of us are trying to exit. hapa ni kusaidiana

the room is tear gassed and the opening is very small for massive exitSad

@mlennyma I managed to exit with slightly over 40% burns. Sitting out for now until the bottom in 2017/2018 according to @mnandii Elliott Wave Analysis as I undergo recovery
KEGN, KPLC, KQ, SCOM
instinct
#2097 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 3:43:20 PM

mkate_nusu wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

for kcb and equity some investors must cancel their sell orders for calm to return otherwise next week will be reeeed,other bank stocks show some calm almost arriving

@mlennyma I managed to exit with slightly over 40% burns. Sitting out for now until the bottom in 2017/2018 according to @mnandii Elliott Wave Analysis as I undergo recovery

hehehe sounds serious
hisah
#2098 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2016 2:16:28 PM

hisah wrote:
@vvs, do you see the banking consolidation I have been seeing? A number of small fish will be swallowed.

Post 1680 back in April 2016.

The consolidation conditions have now been triggered. Tier 3 and 4 banks will either crash out or get bought. Crashing out will of course be the worst outcome as this will burn the credit system. Will we see hammered (forced) consolidations?
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Angelica _ann
#2099 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2016 2:20:05 PM

instinct wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Spikes wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

hehehe sounds serious

Burnt to recognition smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
hisah
#2100 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2016 2:34:41 PM

hisah wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
I have a feeling the downtrend will resume next week.

The index is quite oversold, I expect November to be a rebound month. Infact I hope the bounce holds until Q2 2016, then we get the proper selloff to test 2011 lows. This is in order to confirm if that low was solid or not. A bull that starts from that low will be awesome if the bulls are to blow away the NSE20 6161 all time high barrier.

@whiteowl I hope you are alive and well as the bear claws get powerful. We had this discussion back in November 2015.

NSE20 is currently testing the 2011 lows (3103) as per expectation as the sell off flash hit 3123. Was this low solid or not? That's what we're bound to know in coming weeks. The volume spike is fantastic since it's larger than the spike back in 2011.

If the market bases out at this level and restarts the bullish run from here that will be an awesome double bottom!
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!