wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

30 Pages«<1314151617>»
Uchumi - A value play?
Ebenyo
#281 Posted : Monday, August 01, 2016 8:21:23 AM

Gatheuzi wrote:
Gvt is considering a dispatch of 1.2 B to Uchumi. Heard on news that final modalities are in the works to either structure this as a loan or equity.

i dont understand reasons for a govt to invest in a supermarket.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
sparkly
#282 Posted : Monday, August 01, 2016 9:21:39 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
Gvt is considering a dispatch of 1.2 B to Uchumi. Heard on news that final modalities are in the works to either structure this as a loan or equity.

That money will be used to pay ghost supplies. elections are just around the corner
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#283 Posted : Sunday, August 07, 2016 5:47:46 PM

sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:

That money will be used to pay ghost supplies. elections are just around the corner

http://www.businessdaily...335104-92vbco/index.html

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
sparkly
#284 Posted : Sunday, August 07, 2016 7:22:42 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
[quote=Gatheuzi]Gvt is considering a dispatch of 1.2 B to Uchumi. Heard on news that final modalities are in the works to either structure this as a loan or equity.

http://www.businessdaily...35104-92vbco/index.html[/quote]

What do you see @elder?

I see a government that is intent on giving 1.2B to Uchumi. Question is why? To pay Chandaria Industries for tissue rolls that have not been paid for from 2001? To pay Kimani of Mwea for tomatoes supplied in 2008?
obiero
#285 Posted : Sunday, August 07, 2016 7:47:13 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
[quote=Gatheuzi]Gvt is considering a dispatch of 1.2 B to Uchumi. Heard on news that final modalities are in the works to either structure this as a loan or equity.

What do you see @elder?

I see a government that is intent on giving 1.2B to Uchumi. Question is why? To pay Chandaria Industries for tissue rolls that have not been paid for from 2001? To pay Kimani of Mwea for tomatoes supplied in 2008?

This one stinks..

streetwise
#286 Posted : Sunday, August 07, 2016 8:23:46 PM

The thiefs are known. Why not get them to pay back.

Very sad indeed
Angelica _ann
#287 Posted : Sunday, August 07, 2016 8:38:24 PM

streetwise wrote:

Very sad indeed

Unfortunately due process must be followed and you know the outcome...... Briefcase Sad
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
enyands
#288 Posted : Sunday, August 07, 2016 9:13:10 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
streetwise wrote:

Very sad indeed

Unfortunately due process must be followed and you know the outcome...... Briefcase Sad

Case postponed for 10 yrs then lack of evidence .so this is just another PR stunt
muandiwambeu
#289 Posted : Sunday, August 07, 2016 10:36:51 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

What do you see @elder?

This one stinks..

at least hii nitakula kwa campaign, ya kq is toto wasted money to the mwanainchi shareholder wa kawainda. afadhali, pesa ni ya mwananinchi apewe.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
ARAP CHARLES
#290 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 11:00:46 PM

High: 4.20 Low: 2.70 Avg: 3.34 it is currently at 4.00. A CLEVER speculator made some quick bags here within a month hehehe
Watch and Listen and Live
obiero
#291 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 6:14:57 AM

muandiwambeu wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

What do you see @elder?

This one stinks..

at least hii nitakula kwa campaign, ya kq is toto wasted money to the mwanainchi shareholder wa kawainda. afadhali, pesa ni ya mwananinchi apewe.

LOL. Kumbe wewe ni mwanasiasa

mkate_nusu
#292 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 3:01:51 AM

More bad news

Two more Uchumi managers quit

The resignation of two more senior executives of cash-strapped retailer Uchumi Supermarkets has cast a dark cloud on the government’s attempts to revive the chain.

Mr Murugi Muchunu, the head of Revenue Protection and Mr Alex Kagua, the Finance Manager in charge of Reporting, are serving their notices.
KEGN, KPLC, KQ, SCOM
obiero
#293 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2016 6:29:34 PM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
enyands wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
enyands wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Gatheuzi wrote:
Just wondering if any creditor say a bank might have relied on Lang'ata Branch title to secure a loan against Uchumi. Was the branch built during the days of good old dj?

The issue may not be the branch [or where it is located] but the 'other' land adjacent to Wilson. The original hypermart was built in the 90s when Suresh Shah was the MD when Uchumi was already a public company.

Hope DJ didn't have any hand in this
It would not surprise me. Not at all.

If that's the case let the shafting continue ....

kenyan land cases take ages,si wata collapse?

This can be tied up in court for upto 5 years! Poor Uchumi if they are on the winning side because it means it needs to spend cash to fight the case and cannot sell the property until the case is over.

hence reason it still appears on yasserbigchair stocks to sell

I would sell if I had shares here. This is a time bomb in the making . I feel sorry for the former kws, I guess he should go back to equity

I told you this guy is disruptive. Too quick to act. Simply asking around, would have made him aware that the Langata hyper land was illegally acquired. Heck, he could even have searched wazua!

On 15.10.2015 I warned all about the imminent doom. On 21.11.2015 a reminder was issued.. the exchange bar never gets it wrong. I sell KCB at 60 and it tanks all the way to KES 35, they call it luck. I offload HF at KES 30 and it falls to KES 19, they call it luck. Now, with KQ and it rises to KES 24, they shall again call it luck?? Binadamu jameni

If you are not part of insider job how do you know 24/- high?

Uchumi has deep troubles. Keep far away

karasinga
#294 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2016 10:21:25 AM

For the first time(after a bear run for >2 yrs) this stock went against it's structure expectation indicating order flow change. Technically, this bus might be boarding it's last passengers to leave station.
EXPECTATION:
1. A deep HL.
2. strong demand zone that price might have difficulty penetrating should hold between 3.4 and 3.1(if my analysis is right). This should complete wave ii
3. A good rally to come. wave iii

note: hopefully this is not complex correction forming wave 4.

baby steps.

It's not over until I win
skype id: karasinga. email: kkarasinga@gmail.com
snipermnoma
#295 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:26:43 AM

karasinga wrote:
For the first time(after a bear run for >2 yrs) this stock went against it's structure expectation indicating order flow change. Technically, this bus might be boarding it's last passengers to leave station.
EXPECTATION:
1. A deep HL.
2. strong demand zone that price might have difficulty penetrating should hold between 3.4 and 3.1(if my analysis is right). This should complete wave ii

baby steps.

Interesting. In this bear market opportunities are few and far between. So this is a welcome relief, any charts on this?
sparkly
#296 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 8:01:17 AM

karasinga wrote:
EXPECTATION:
1. A deep HL.

baby steps.

Avoid the bus
karasinga
#297 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 12:06:56 PM

sparkly wrote:
karasinga wrote:
EXPECTATION:
1. A deep HL.

baby steps.

Avoid the bus

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Silenced sparkly, you have made my day
snipermnoma
#298 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2016 9:33:03 PM

karasinga wrote:
sparkly wrote:
karasinga wrote:
EXPECTATION:
1. A deep HL.

baby steps.

Avoid the bus

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Silenced sparkly, you have made my day

Sparkly, good one. In fact the bus clearly reads DODGE. Gotta dodge this one.
Gatheuzi
#299 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2016 8:14:31 AM

snipermnoma wrote:
karasinga wrote:
sparkly wrote:
karasinga wrote:
EXPECTATION:
1. A deep HL.

baby steps.

Avoid the bus

With 5 doors on one side alone, expect mass boarding Drool
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
karasinga
#300 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2016 9:39:04 PM

Gatheuzi wrote:
snipermnoma wrote:
karasinga wrote:
sparkly wrote:
karasinga wrote:
EXPECTATION:
1. A deep HL.

baby steps.

Avoid the bus

With 5 doors on one side alone, expect mass boarding Drool

And it came to pass, price settled at an aforementioned zone. Thinking Thinking Thinking......