wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

65 Pages«<4647484950>»
Briatm, Britam, Britam sounds like sweet candy!
Realtreaty
#941 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 1:10:28 AM

mikegachunji wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
mikegachunji wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
Britam will not be shy to announce their HY2016 this week.
They will focus on completing ongoing projects and consolidating funds to start new ones.
Still to be lateral in income generation but there will be much more hope.
May touch on bring in partner as soon as he is ready.Could Renaissance Capital be the partner?

just how much are you invested in britam?? Anyone following this thread closely can tell that you're very keen when it comes to britam in particular..just saying

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly , its my baby mind you!!!!smile
haha okay...what do you think of the current sub 12 price??

smile You see negtive while others see positive. The current price is good for people like Munga and the like who might have bought Rawat off at 16Kes. Now Mung can add at the current price on buy back trends before the share rise readying for new investor who may enter at 18-24 Kes.
Vita vya Paanzi furaha ya Kunguru!!!Laughing out loudly
mkate_nusu
#942 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 1:45:51 AM

Realtreaty wrote:
mikegachunji wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
mikegachunji wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
They will focus on completing ongoing projects and consolidating funds to start new ones.
May touch on bring in partner as soon as he is ready.Could Renaissance Capital be the partner?

just how much are you invested in britam?? Anyone following this thread closely can tell that you're very keen when it comes to britam in particular..just saying

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly , its my baby mind you!!!!smile

smile You see negtive while others see positive. The current price is good for people like Munga and the like who might have bought Rawat off at 16Kes. Now Mung can add at the current price on buy back trends before the share rise readying for new investor who may enter at 18-24 Kes.

@mikegachunji be advised @Realtreaty will lead you straight to the butchers with Britam if you join him. He has what is referred to as golden handcuffs on this share if you read through this thread you will understand search for @hisah comments
KEGN, KPLC, KQ, SCOM
mikegachunji
#943 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 11:44:06 AM

mkate_nusu wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
mikegachunji wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
mikegachunji wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:

@mikegachunji be advised @Realtreaty will lead you straight to the butchers with Britam if you join him. He has what is referred to as golden handcuffs on this share if you read through this thread you will understand search for @hisah comments

@mkate_nusu... i have seen..caution has been taken
Realtreaty
#944 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:32:49 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
mikegachunji wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
mikegachunji wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:

smile You see negative while others see positive. The current price is good for people like Munga and the like who might have bought Rawat off at 16 Kes. Now Munga can add at the current price on buy back trends before the share rise readying for new investor who may enter at 18-24 Kes.

Do not scare anyone, the effect of Rawat/Mauritian is out
Realtreaty
#945 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 8:07:11 PM

Applause Applause MOTHER SUPERIOR!!!!!
MAGIC CANDY
My saying was on the wall perfectly hand writtenLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
http://www.businessdailyafrica....57366-snm8bkz/index.html
alotoftalk
#946 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 10:20:14 PM

Increase due to change from NPV to GPV. Less conservative.

The "good" results have no effect on cashflows.

Apples to apples their profitability is down significantly given the impact of this change was circa ~KES 2 Billion.
Investment philosophy development in progress...
VituVingiSana
#947 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 11:13:26 PM

Change in accounting triples Britam profit to Sh1.8bn
http://www.businessdaily...7830-wlp5g2z/index.html

"Britam said it adopted a new accounting practice that marked down the claims besides recognising Sh331 million to settle a portion of its operating expenses linked to payment of outstanding policyholders’ benefits." >>> Is this a one-time gain?

"...indicating that the previous system led to higher reserving by overestimating insurance liabilities." >>> So less conservative?

"...Britam sold some shares" >>> One-time gain. Add the drop in HF (& Equity) value since 1 July... 2H may not be as rosy
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
hisah
#948 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 3:24:51 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:

"Britam said it adopted a new accounting practice that marked down the claims besides recognising Sh331 million to settle a portion of its operating expenses linked to payment of outstanding policyholders’ benefits." >>> Is this a one-time gain?

"...indicating that the previous system led to higher reserving by overestimating insurance liabilities." >>> So less conservative?

"...Britam sold some shares" >>> One-time gain. Add the drop in HF (& Equity) value since 1 July... 2H may not be as rosy

The best houdini act firm since 2014. Just when I think the show is over the pull out another hat trick. Very entertaining circus.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Realtreaty
#949 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2016 6:03:11 PM

hisah wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

The best houdini act firm since 2014. Just when I think the show is over the pull out another hat trick. Very entertaining circus.

@Hisah, they adopted an agreeable method not from the bushes. So are they wrong and you right?
They have just said they inflated insurance liabilities earlier. Means a large amount of the money was never paid out and remained in the reserves.
Now things are positive. The only bad is slaughtering the banks.
Remember when women hide their secret units,No cry!!!(No children)
alotoftalk
#950 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2016 5:06:40 AM

Realtreaty wrote:
hisah wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

@Hisah, they adopted an agreeable method not from the bushes. So are they wrong and you right?
They have just said they inflated insurance liabilities earlier. Means a large amount of the money was never paid out and remained in the reserves.
Now things are positive. The only bad is slaughtering the banks.
Remember when women hide their secret units,No cry!!!(No children)

They did the right thing as required by the regulator. Even though it's a less conservative metric.

What they failed to do and which will 'show the emperor is walking naked' at FY2016 is restating the Q215 from NPV to GPV basis [IAS 8.19 to IAS 8.25] so that we have apples to apples rather than apples to oranges as reported.
Investment philosophy development in progress...
Spikes
#951 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 5:59:27 AM

A new year low, single digit is threateningly on the way in a few hours. @Realtreaty @Researchfirst sit tight and watch the show unravel. Britam is on a free fall just like banks-HFCK and Equity. This stock is sailing south in murky waters of the bear run without PPT.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Realtreaty
#952 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:25:27 PM

Spikes wrote:
A new year low, single digit is threateningly on the way in a few hours. @Realtreaty @Researchfirst sit tight and watch the show unravel. Britam is on a free fall just like banks-HFCK and Equity. This stock is sailing south in murky waters of the bear run without PPT.

Pray Pray Pray Sad Used to the pain, but soon this will be a good plot by 2016 FY.
When blood flows for so long one becomes acquainted!
The war that befell Britam came bombing on Banks but do not be happy, when wife is not happy the house is cold!! Banks coldness will be spread to other stocks
Realtreaty
#953 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2016 8:12:50 PM

smile
The Group incorporated Britam Properties, last year as part of its diversification strategy meant to reduce portfolio risk and exposure in the equities market. The new Company is currently undertaking a number of projects which are in various stages of approval and is aggressively making forays in untapped areas of the lucrative property sector. The Flagship project is the iconic 31 - storey tower in Upper Hill, Nairobi, which will be completed in the 4th quarter of 2016.smile

Now we are in that 4th quarter ready to see the signal building opened and proceeds start filling our pocketsDrool
hisah
#954 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2016 8:21:47 PM

Currently testing the 10.00 handle (the year low) on vol spike today. Break below targets 6.00 - 8.00 zone.

My target still remains 6.00!
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
VituVingiSana
#955 Posted : Thursday, September 08, 2016 1:05:18 AM

hisah wrote:
Currently testing the 10.00 handle (the year low) on vol spike today. Break below targets 6.00 - 8.00 zone.

Makes sense. Too risky at 10/-.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Realtreaty
#956 Posted : Thursday, September 08, 2016 11:01:15 AM

hisah wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
I tell you that when it will be 15 you will go to the bank to withdraw money for this stock.
Very soon.
hisah
#957 Posted : Thursday, September 08, 2016 11:28:04 AM

Realtreaty wrote:
hisah wrote:

I tell you that when it will be 15 you will go to the bank to withdraw money for this stock.
Very soon.

I've seen this counter meltdown from 40 handle to the current levels against all odds smile
obiero
#958 Posted : Thursday, September 08, 2016 1:22:46 PM

hisah wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
hisah wrote:

Very soon.

I've seen this counter meltdown from 40 handle to the current levels against all odds smile

We warned people right here..

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Realtreaty
#959 Posted : Thursday, September 08, 2016 4:32:52 PM

obiero wrote:
hisah wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
hisah wrote:

Very soon.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Britam not exceptional, its the whole market, even your bad KQ that you have amassed like glucose!!!Liar
obiero
#960 Posted : Thursday, September 08, 2016 4:37:36 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
obiero wrote:
hisah wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
hisah wrote:

Very soon.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Britam not exceptional, its the whole market, even your bad KQ that you have amassed like glucose!!!Liar

Lolest.. In the last quarter, KQ has dropped the least of all large caps under commercial and services.. But this is a britam thread

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45