Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<1234>»
Semenya allowed to compete as a woman by IAAF
hardwood
#21 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2016 10:38:29 AM

masukuma
#22 Posted : Saturday, July 09, 2016 10:40:19 AM

hardwood wrote:
http://www.sport24.co.za/OtherSport/Athletics/South-Africa/caster-semenya-marries-girlfriend-in-tradition-ceremony-20151207

This was long ago. She married her long time girlfriend.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Alba
#23 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 10:20:54 PM

IAAF chair Sebastian Coe has announced that IAAF will be presenting their case to the court of arbitration again so that Caster, Niyonsaba, Wambui et al and maybe even Dafne Schippers are forced to compete against men and not women.

Peronally Im worried about the possibility that a hypo androgenic type may enter boxing and bash another woman into a coma
masukuma
#24 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 10:44:41 PM

People are slowly coming to terms with the fact that gender is a continuum and thus binary system of demarcation addresses majority of the population but not all of it. I noticed indonesia recognizes 5 genders. Huko india pia ni mingi. Biology sio straight forward hivyo.
Impunity
#25 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 10:47:24 PM

Alba wrote:
IAAF chair Sebastian Coe has announced that IAAF will be presenting their case to the court of arbitration again so that Caster, Niyonsaba, Wambui et al and maybe even Dafne Schippers are forced to compete against men and not women.

Peronally Im worried about the possibility that a hypo androgenic type may enter boxing and bash another woman into a coma

By the way does semenya have a d*ck or how is she doing it on that female wife of hers/his?
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Alba
#26 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 12:44:05 AM

masukuma wrote:
People are slowly coming to terms with the fact that gender is a continuum and thus binary system of demarcation addresses majority of the population but not all of it. I noticed indonesia recognizes 5 genders. Huko india pia ni mingi. Biology sio straight forward hivyo.

If thats true then IOC should do away with the male-female designation and have both men and women compete in one division.

Either that or they should create a special division for those who fall in between male and female.

Having Caster and the rest running against women only is a farce.
Rahatupu
#27 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:32:17 AM

Alba wrote:

Why include Wambui here? Obscuring the lines?
hardwood
#28 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:51:49 AM

Quote:

All the Olympic athletes are "unfairly" genetically advantaged for their particular sport. That's why they're there. Whether they are extra tall, extra long legs, extra long arms, extra muscular, extra flexible, extra strong, extra lung capacity. How is it not an advantage to be 6 foot 7 if you're a basketballer? Unfairly advantaged over "normal" people because you can just place the ball in the ring and in four steps you're across the court. Not fair! And some of these people also have genetic chromosomal anomalies like Marfan syndrome or gigantism. Not fair!!! Chromosomal screening for everyone then? Stop harassing this athlete who has not done anything wrong.
hardwood
#29 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 8:10:12 AM

Alba wrote:

There are also suggestions that males with high levels of testorone should not be allowed to compete with normal males.
Impunity
#30 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 8:38:21 AM

masukuma
#31 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 11:40:00 AM

hardwood wrote:
Alba wrote:

There are also suggestions that males with high levels of testorone should not be allowed to compete with normal males.

Akina Bolt? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly hii drama itakwisha lini? next time we will have basketball for players who are under 6 feet tall coz the tall ones have "unfair advantage" over the short ones. from my end - as long as it's natural.... it's fair game! if we have a guy with a tail and he is able to use it to do something over and above "normal" people - more power to him. Who certified these "normal women"?
Jump-steady
#32 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 11:51:45 AM

masukuma wrote:

Namely...?Eh?
masukuma
#33 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 11:57:23 AM

we are 7 billion humans in the planet. We have always known that gender is determined by a certain pair of chromosomes (XY). XX is female and XY is male, but in reality these are not the only valid configurations.

An extensive review of the medical literature from 1955 to 1998 provided estimates for the frequency of sex variations. they found that

Persons who did not have XX and also XY were 1 in 1,666 births
Persons who had XXY (Klinefelter) were 1 in 1,000 births
Persons who had Androgen insensitivity syndrome are 1 in 13,000 births
Persons who had Partial androgen insensitivity syndrome were 1 in 130,000 births
Persons who had Classical congenital adrenal hyperplasia were 1 in 13,000 births
Persons who had Late onset adrenal hyperplasia were 1 in 66 individuals
Persons who had Vaginal agenesis were 1 in 6,000 births
Persons who had Ovotestes were 1 in 83,000 births
Persons who had Idiopathic (no discernable medical cause) were 1 in 110,000 births
Persons who had Complete gonadal dysgenesis were 1 in 150,000 births
Persons who had Hypospadias (urethral opening in perineum or along penile shaft) were 1 in 2,000 births
Persons who had Hypospadias (urethral opening between corona and tip of glans penis) were 1 in 770 births
The total number of people whose bodies differ from standard male or female were 1 in 100 births
The total number of people receiving surgery to “normalize” genital appearance are 1 or two in 1,000 births

Remember we are 7 billion of us.... while the majority fall within the "normal" spectrum - there is a sizable number who do not have that configuration.
masukuma
#34 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 12:05:11 PM

Jump-steady wrote:
masukuma wrote:

Namely...?Eh?

someone will laugh at this.... the term transgender is known as 'waria' but back to your question - There is a group of persons known as Bugis that have 5 genders namely - 'female women' locally known as "makkunrai" , 'male men' locally known as "oroani" , 'female men' locally known as "calalai" , 'male women' locally known as "calabai" and 'transgender priests' locally known as "bissu". I am told that ukienda mahali kama Malaysia or Thailand ukutane na kaDame.... unaweza kuta baadaye sio KaDame in the traditional sense... ako na Bread na pia ako na plug... hata kuna watu wako na Socket and Plug... TOGETHER!! Things are not as plain as we have always assumed! I see no reason in discriminating on people based on things they just found themselves with....
Impunity
#35 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 12:19:37 PM

masukuma wrote:
Jump-steady wrote:
masukuma wrote:

Namely...?Eh?

someone will laugh at this.... the term transgender is known as 'waria' but back to your question - There is a group of persons known as Bugis that have 5 genders namely - 'female women' locally known as "makkunrai" , 'male men' locally known as "oroani" , 'female men' locally known as "calalai" , 'male women' locally known as "calabai" and 'transgender priests' locally known as "bissu". I am told that ukienda mahali kama Malaysia or Thailand ukutane na kaDame.... unaweza kuta baadaye sio KaDame in the traditional sense... ako na Bread na pia ako na plug... hata kuna watu wako na Socket and Plug... TOGETHER!! Things are not as plain as we have always assumed! I see no reason in discriminating on people based on things they just found themselves with....

How can one have a functional plug and a socket in one body and in one area?
I would really like to know.

But I have seen with my own eyes plugs with fuller breads than @vera.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

masukuma
#36 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 12:39:31 PM

Impunity wrote:

lol... you guys never heard of 'hermaphroditism'? Kwani ni shule gani hizi mulienda? I knew about these conditions in primary school!! Ask for your fees back!
Hebu ona picha hapa. It does not have to be "functional" but it's there... Someone actually said Hitler had a micropenis d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! No wonder alisumbua watu hivyo! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Alba
#37 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 3:52:34 PM

hardwood wrote:
Alba wrote:

UR missing the point. Its not about high testosterone. It has been scientifically proven that Caster is NOT a woman. In scientific terms an intersex person is neither male nor female. So what IAAF will be trying to argue at CAS is that Intersex people should compete against men.
Alba
#38 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 3:56:03 PM

masukuma wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Alba wrote:

Akina Bolt? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly hii drama itakwisha lini? next time we will have basketball for players who are under 6 feet tall coz the tall ones have "unfair advantage" over the short ones. from my end - as long as it's natural.... it's fair game! if we have a guy with a tail and he is able to use it to do something over and above "normal" people - more power to him. Who certified these "normal women"?

I am guessing you can't tell the difference between having genetic advantages and belonging to a different gender altogether.

And since you mentioned Bolt. Have you heard anyone argue that Bolt should not be running or did you just imagine that?

Have you seen IAAF take a case to the court of arbitration suggesting that Bolt should not be racing?
kaka2za
#39 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 3:57:06 PM

masukuma wrote:
Impunity wrote:

lol... you guys never heard of 'hermaphroditism'? Kwani ni shule gani hizi mulienda? I knew about these conditions in primary school!! Ask for your fees back!
Hebu ona picha hapa. It does not have to be "functional" but it's there... Someone actually said Hitler had a micropenis d'oh! d'oh! d'oh! No wonder alisumbua watu hivyo! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Those pics are scaring! I need post photo viewing trauma counselling(PVTC)
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
masukuma
#40 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 4:20:06 PM

Alba wrote:
masukuma wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Alba wrote:

I am guessing you can't tell the difference between having genetic advantages and belonging to a different gender altogether.

And since you mentioned Bolt. Have you heard anyone argue that Bolt should not be running or did you just imagine that?

Have you seen IAAF take a case to the court of arbitration suggesting that Bolt should not be racing?

My point is... GENDER is not binary XX and XY are on the extremes and there are many intermediaries - we cannot have races for all of these categories. Should androgen insensitive men run as women?