wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
equity bank hy2016 results
ngapat
#1 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 10:10:12 AM

Total profit before tax for the Group grew by 18% to close the half year at KES 14.2bn #EquityHY2016Results
“Invest in yourself. Your career is the engine of your wealth.”
Ericsson
#2 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 10:18:31 AM

Seems in Q2 Equity has started struggling coz the profits in Q1 is not equal to Q2.
Coop and KCB did better on a quarter to quarter comparison basis
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
mkate_nusu
#3 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 11:27:47 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Seems in Q2 Equity has started struggling coz the profits in Q1 is not equal to Q2.

@Ericsson I hope people panic and sell at lower prices
KEGN, KPLC, KQ, SCOM
Spikes
#4 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 11:39:10 AM

mkate_nusu wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

I would like to vigorously ambush Equity share at 30/-.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Mainat
#5 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 12:47:33 PM

The increase in npls. 46% for Ekweiti and similar for other brethren apart from Stanchart who are p**sies (to quote Clint Eastwood).
Is it the gavanaas doing or are things this grim in the economy? Ile over-investment in real estate disguised as personal loans na kadhalika...
Sehemu ndio nyumba
Impunity
#6 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 2:06:46 PM

Spikes wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

I will be in head-first should it touch sub 30!
I know it will double one year after @kamwana's second win...but if @baba takes it, then sub 30 could hold for a foreseeable future.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Spikes
#7 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 2:25:03 PM

Impunity wrote:
Spikes wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

I know it will double one year after @kamwana's second win...but if @baba takes it, then sub 30 could hold for a foreseeable future.

International investors have more confidence in @baba than @kamwana. Equity stock is dominated by foreigners and by opposition winning this share will triple in value. #RocketRally!
Angelica _ann
#8 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 4:40:08 PM

Spikes wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Spikes wrote:
mkate_nusu wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

International investors have more confidence in @baba than @kamwana. Equity stock is dominated by foreigners and by opposition winning this share will triple in value. #RocketRally!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly You will wait kabisa to actualize that!!!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Realtreaty
#9 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 8:57:07 PM

I like this stock but I have nothing till now. With time I will make decision. I will do that only when Sameerafrica rises back to 20 levels Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
watesh
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 4:04:00 PM

My take on the Half year results:
18% rise if profits is very muscular but the downside is out of 14.2bn Kenyan subsidiary carries a whooping 13.5bn, maybe more funds were channeled towards expansion in the subsidiary. Tanzanian unit seems to be experiencing a big struggle in getting deposits, 0.7bn gained since Q1 and down by 0.5bn since start of financial year. Good loan growth and will definitely need more capital injection or debt if it wants to dish out more loans.
South Sudan is a gone case for now.
DRC subsidiary now its biggest subsidiary after Kenyan unit in terms of assets and profit. Hoping peace prevails in the country for the long haul and it should bring in a billion soon. Lots of cash spent on expansion.
Kenyan unit doing great so far. 16bn extra deposits in just Q2.
In terms of the group generally I see net loans up 14% which is +33bn but also govt securities up by 44% which is +22.4bn which is almost 40% of all extra assets brought into the group. All in all the 37% rise in net interest income is phenomenal but what is up with the stagnant non-funded income? (my guess is the increased govt lending which dont have a way to have fees to imposed onto them)
From my opinion Equity is still a buy but in the Kenyan market KCB which has so much more publicity and Co-op are also in the race for the cheap deposits which will be crucial if interest rating caping becomes a reality.
Ericsson
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 3:29:21 AM

Highlights;
Equity Bank has reported a shrinking loan book for the first time ever in its six-month operating results released yesterday.The lender’s loan book shrunk by Sh6 billion in the three months to Jun

Its regional subsidiaries reported a 19 per cent drop in profit before tax following a dip in the South Sudan operation to loss territory.
The subsidiaries reported a total of Sh750 million in profit which constituted five per cent of the group profitability down from eight per cent last year.

South Sudan reported a loss of Sh50 million down from a profit of Sh460 million a year ago.

ProCredit Bank of DRC, acquired by Equity last year, posted a five per cent drop in profit to Sh240 million. Tanzania was down 14 per cent to Sh170 million while Rwanda declined 25 per cent to Sh160 million.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
mkate_nusu
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 6:27:48 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Highlights;
Equity Bank has reported a shrinking loan book for the first time ever in its six-month operating results released yesterday.The lender’s loan book shrunk by Sh6 billion in the three months to Jun

Its regional subsidiaries reported a 19 per cent drop in profit before tax following a dip in the South Sudan operation to loss territory.
The subsidiaries reported a total of Sh750 million in profit which constituted five per cent of the group profitability down from eight per cent last year.

South Sudan reported a loss of Sh50 million down from a profit of Sh460 million a year ago.

ProCredit Bank of DRC, acquired by Equity last year, posted a five per cent drop in profit to Sh240 million. Tanzania was down 14 per cent to Sh170 million while Rwanda declined 25 per cent to Sh160 million.

Guys these are good results dont be scared by the negatives mentioned here. Price decline 23rd August was on less than 800 k shares significantly lower than the daily averages.
Wanjiku hold tight to your stakes but I will be glad to take up your shares at discounts
KEGN, KPLC, KQ, SCOM
Spikes
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 8:49:52 AM

mkate_nusu wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Highlights;

Guys these are good results dont be scared by the negatives mentioned here. Price decline 23rd August was on less than 800 k shares significantly lower than the daily averages.
Wanjiku hold tight to your stakes but I will be glad to take up your shares at discounts

Be warned that the bear is in town and anything is possible including Equity bowing to forces of gravity! 30/- is a buy.
VituVingiSana
#14 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 11:29:52 AM

Quality bank and management.

How will JM & team react then deal with the lower rates for the SMEs & micro-loans?
Micro-loans via Equitel is a growing business for Equity and needs to be handled judiciously. It's a gateway for folks to borrow more from Equity as they grow.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#15 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 11:36:03 AM

I don't know how to post pics on Wazua

Check out this tweet. https://twitter.com/cold...atus/768727689486278656
[Needs verification]

Update: https://twitter.com/CBKK...tatus/768690655807823872
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
moneydust
#16 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 11:37:12 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:

How will JM & team react then deal with the lower rates for the SMEs & micro-loans?
Micro-loans via Equitel is a growing business for Equity and needs to be handled judiciously. It's a gateway for folks to borrow more from Equity as they grow.

Equitel has been a favourite for me in sorting out small time deals that emerge from time to time and I did not mind the interest rate of 2% per month.I hope it continues..
MaichBlack
#17 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 1:55:23 PM

moneydust wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Equitel has been a favourite for me in sorting out small time deals that emerge from time to time and I did not mind the interest rate of 2% per month.I hope it continues..

Don't worry. The President will be monitoring your situation. Unfortunately, the monitoring might go on till after the elections.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
VituVingiSana
#18 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 2:06:20 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
moneydust wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Don't worry. The President will be monitoring your situation. Unfortunately, the monitoring might go on till after the elections.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly And some banks may reduce unsecured lending at CBR + 4%. Why take the risk? Lend the money to GoK at 11% or higher. 10yr T-Bonds yield 15%.
mlennyma
#19 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 3:03:18 PM

Market close 53m front order at 32.50 with no buyers!!this has the potential of another 3 days of 10% drop if investors will continue with their fear
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
VituVingiSana
#20 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 3:32:31 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Market close 53m front order at 32.50 with no buyers!!this has the potential of another 3 days of 10% drop if investors will continue with their fear

Applause Applause Applause Now if only I had some cash lying around!