obiero
#5421 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 8:18:00 PM

Impunity wrote:
obiero wrote:
Impunity wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:

August is considered as a peak period, the ticket prices are high. He is not telling us when was the booking done. Hersi manages a hotel and how much does he charge during the peak season. Jambojet is there to make money. This kind of whining is uncalled for.

Agreed but Hersi has a point. If the rates he quotes are correct then 29k for a one-way economy flight is ridiculous!

Last minute bookings, no mercy at all.

What do you think a guy charged 29K one way is going to say out there?
He will advised another 10 guys against using the "low cost" Jambo Jet...Low cost should try to remain low cost al all cost, even if the booking is made late like how...

LOL. In the same plane there is a chap who paid KES 6,500.. Tuwache drama

The real low costs like EasyJet and Southwest don't have such sickening price variation's even if one would have to hope in the aircraft from sleep to airport.
I am afraid but the system of ticketing being used JJ is more or less the same as the Legacy airlines...if not not worse.
I don't think even KQ will charge you 29K one way to Mombasa...in economy class!?

And we are assuming that this story of 29K one way is true because??

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#5422 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 8:19:34 PM

maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
maka wrote:
ArrestedDev wrote:
[quote=Ebenyo][quote=moneydust]KQ enters bus transport business

Talk of losing focus...[/quote

Kq shareholders should not interpret this as good news.
The shuttles have been bought on loans as the company is on negative equity.That means an increase on finance costs which currently stands at 7 bilion.
It also means there will be an increase on long term debts which currently stands at 113 billion.
Worse still,there is the operational deficit of 30 bilion which is serviced by expensive overdrafts and short term borrowings.
Therefore any gain made here will be wiped out by finance costs.
If you talk about seeing a walking corpse somewhere,i will believe you based on kq company.

Yeah, you can see the quality of business decisions being made by Ngunze. This kind of service should be reserved for Jambojet only. Ideally, KQ should have their own complementary limo service for business class pax and not this kind of 'matatu' business idea. Even if the buses are leased it will result in further obligations and complexity in managing the proceeds. They should focus on Cargo operations, a larger capacity freighter coupled with cargo charges review will do a great service for the company.

@maka,thanks for accepting postive criticism.My cousin is subjective.He has emotionaly attached himself with a vampire and he wont accept to be told the truth.
My comments are based on the FY 2016.If they are poor,it means the results were poor which is true.
Even if the buses are leased,it wont bring any significant change to kq books.
They sold very many assets in the last FY.What we saw in the results was only ksh 6 bilion.So from the buses,what will reflect in the books? i dont think it will reach even 500 milion.This will not help the current deficit.
I have insisted here that what kq needs is urgent cash injection of kshs 30 bilion.That will wipe out the deficit.It will result into a pretax profit of 4 bilion.If this does not happen,shareholders should wait for atleast the next 5 years for the company to make a net profit.

You guys are shallow...who told you KQ is going to buy a fleet of buses or matt us for that matter?
If you look at the schedule of the shuttle you realise this just gonna be one shuttle,preferably Rosa Minibus.
That would not cost more than 7 million shillings including kick backs.

Enyewe we are "shallow"

The only positive I see from this service is coordination between the airline and the shuttle. Surely, even in terrible traffic, you wouldnt be left by the KQ plane.. Think about it Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

VituVingiSana
#5423 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 8:27:59 PM

Uber: From Loita St [8.15pm on Tuesday] to JKIA is 950-1,200 [one, two or 3 pax]

Let's say there's a premium so 1,500 during the "busy" period. A cab makes more sense for 2 pax or more. For only 500/- more I am taking a cab.

Cab: Faster, "private", more comfy.

From Westlands to JKIA: A cab beats the 1,000/- bus, from Loita, any day or time!

I woud consider the bus if it was 250/- like JJ in Eldoret/Mombasa. And I had the time.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#5424 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 8:38:23 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Uber: From Loita St [8.15pm on Tuesday] to JKIA is 950-1,200 [one, two or 3 pax]

Let's say there's a premium so 1,500 during the "busy" period. A cab makes more sense for 2 pax or more. For only 500/- more I am taking a cab.

Cab: Faster, "private", more comfy.

From Westlands to JKIA: A cab beats the 1,000/- bus, from Loita, any day or time!

I woud consider the bus if it was 250/- like JJ in Eldoret/Mombasa. And I had the time.

A City Hoppa/ Double M is 50-80.

Whoever came up with the idea is not very bright. Consider the description very flattering.
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#5425 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 8:44:53 PM

Not a single positive comment.

http://www.businessdaily...4252-lvunk2z/index.html

Am I glad or glad I am not in KQ except [sadly] as a Kenyan Taxpayer.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ebenyo
#5426 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 9:21:52 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
[quote=maka][quote=ArrestedDev][quote=Ebenyo][quote=moneydust]KQ enters bus transport business

The shuttles have been bought on loans as the company is on negative equity.That means an increase on finance costs which currently stands at 7 bilion.
It also means there will be an increase on long term debts which currently stands at 113 billion.
Worse still,there is the operational deficit of 30 bilion which is serviced by expensive overdrafts and short term borrowings.
If you talk about seeing a walking corpse somewhere,i will believe you based on kq company.

Yeah, you can see the quality of business decisions being made by Ngunze. This kind of service should be reserved for Jambojet only. Ideally, KQ should have their own complementary limo service for business class pax and not this kind of 'matatu' business idea. Even if the buses are leased it will result in further obligations and complexity in managing the proceeds. They should focus on Cargo operations, a larger capacity freighter coupled with cargo charges review will do a great service for the company.

@maka,thanks for accepting postive criticism.My cousin is subjective.He has emotionaly attached himself with a vampire and he wont accept to be told the truth.
My comments are based on the FY 2016.If they are poor,it means the results were poor which is true.
They sold very many assets in the last FY.What we saw in the results was only ksh 6 bilion.So from the buses,what will reflect in the books? i dont think it will reach even 500 milion.This will not help the current deficit.
I have insisted here that what kq needs is urgent cash injection of kshs 30 bilion.That will wipe out the deficit.It will result into a pretax profit of 4 bilion.If this does not happen,shareholders should wait for atleast the next 5 years for the company to make a net profit.

You guys are shallow...who told you KQ is going to buy a fleet of buses or matt us for that matter?
If you look at the schedule of the shuttle you realise this just gonna be one shuttle,preferably Rosa Minibus.

@impunity.Read my comments again.They are based on FY 2016 results.I went through it and posted my thoughts on this thread .Obiero is my witness.
If my comments are shallow as you say,i agree with you because, at negative 35 bilion in equity,kq is indeed a "shallow" company.

Towards the goal of financial freedom
enyands
#5427 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 10:09:57 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
[quote=maka][quote=ArrestedDev][quote=Ebenyo][quote=moneydust]KQ enters bus transport business

@impunity.Read my comments again.They are based on FY 2016 results.I went through it and posted my thoughts on this thread .Obiero is my witness.
If my comments are shallow as you say,i agree with you because, at negative 35 bilion in equity,kq is indeed a "shallow" company.

Ebenyo people will analyse you well and otherwise will misanalyse you . Don't give in .you know your facts are right and you don't have to justify your position to unjustifiables.weka ngozi ya mamba papa
Ebenyo
#5428 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 10:20:02 PM

enyands wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

If my comments are shallow as you say,i agree with you because, at negative 35 bilion in equity,kq is indeed a "shallow"u company.

Ebenyo people will analyse you well and otherwise will misanalyse you . Don't give in .you know your facts are right and you don't have to justify your position to unjustifiables.weka ngozi ya mamba papa

Hapo sawa Enyands.Nimesikia vile umesema.Nitafanya hivyo.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
enyands
#5429 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2016 10:21:16 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
enyands wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

If my comments are shallow as you say,i agree with you because, at negative 35 bilion in equity,kq is indeed a "shallow"u company.

smile
ArrestedDev
#5430 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 3:42:44 AM

enyands wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
enyands wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

smile

They are confident it will work?

ArrestedDev
#5431 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 4:00:58 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Not a single positive comment.

http://www.businessdaily...4252-lvunk2z/index.html

Am I glad or glad I am not in KQ except [sadly] as a Kenyan Taxpayer.

Anyone with a commercial acumen won't buy into such an idea. Check the above NTV clip too, everyone on social media is castigating it. KQ requires a management team with better ideas to turnaround the business.
obiero
#5432 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 6:34:46 PM

KQ getting lots of buzz on social.. Good for PR

maka
#5433 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 6:35:41 PM

obiero wrote:
KQ getting lots of buzz on social.. Good for PR

you are a funny guysmile
possunt quia posse videntur
maka
#5434 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:10:16 PM

Btw if you are travelling in the next 2-3 days be prepared for super delays.
obiero
#5435 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:29:45 PM

maka wrote:

What is gonna happen captain..

maka
#5436 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:35:25 PM

obiero wrote:
maka wrote:

Si this TICAD thingy...35 presidents have confirmed participation so you can just imagine the mess and gridlock...delays etc
obiero
#5437 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 8:25:24 PM

maka wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:

Si this TICAD thingy...35 presidents have confirmed participation so you can just imagine the mess and gridlock...delays etc

Oh. Had thought you guys want to strike again. Today I held 20k new shares in KQ.. my target remains 350k shareholding

Pesa Nane
#5438 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2016 10:38:12 PM

maka wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
maka wrote:
Possible pilots strike starting next week....these guys suck.

management would be wise to let the strike proceed and use it to offload the weakest links.. a good number of the staff at KQ need to be taught a tough lesson on collective responsibility of the airlines performance/existence

Especially those whose their fathers are who is who in gaaament and Board of management fear firing them.

Ronald Karauri taking KQ hostage...

Live on @JKLive
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
obiero
#5439 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 5:05:44 AM

Probably the only stock remaining at the NSE with higher odds of rising than falling

sparkly
#5440 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2016 7:25:10 AM

obiero wrote:
Probably the only stock remaining at the NSE with higher odds of rising than falling

^Takes the medal for most useless statement of the year.
Life is short. Live passionately.