wazua Tue, Apr 30, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Kenyans in serious doping trouble
Alba
#1 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 1:40:11 AM

Alba
#2 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 5:36:29 AM

I am reading more on this now. It seems Anzrah was not supposed to travel and has been asking the athletes to lend him their IDs so he could access the buffet and wolf down food.

Unfortunately the foreign media like BBC are reporting it as another Kenya drug scandal. I expect this to come up when a Kenyan wins a medal in Rio
urstill1
#3 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 8:49:31 AM

@Alba are you a media guy? Every 'emerging story' at the olympcs, a thread? We have 4 olympic2016 related threads currently. Two of which you have spawned within the last 24hrs? Why come up with redundant often repetetive threads?
KulaRaha
#4 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 9:23:51 AM

And here comes the bullshit defense, from Rarry Mdomo, socialite and jubilee employee

Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
madollar
#5 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 11:54:08 AM

Yaani this mzee gave his urine sample and even signed as ferguson rotich and thought he could get away with it .Again those doing the testing didnt they notice this was an old man unless kunakitu inaendelea....
sitaki.kujulikana
#6 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 1:00:39 PM

madollar wrote:
Yaani this mzee gave his urine sample and even signed as ferguson rotich and thought he could get away with it .Again those doing the testing didnt they notice this was an old man unless kunakitu inaendelea....

kuna kitu, money is being poured to tarnish the name of the country.
ati a guy asked to be paid to give tips on how to avoid being detected as a doper, sasa hii ya mzee.

vary many people are saying that some wazungu have kiwaru and they are paying guys locally for sabotage
Alba
#7 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 4:01:47 PM

urstill1 wrote:
@Alba are you a media guy? Every 'emerging story' at the olympcs, a thread? We have 4 olympic2016 related threads currently. Two of which you have spawned within the last 24hrs? Why come up with redundant often repetetive threads?

Yes I am a "media guy" and no they are not repetitive. If they are repetitive then the Admin will merge them. This issue warrants its own thread.

Alba
#8 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 4:03:51 PM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
madollar wrote:

kuna kitu, money is being poured to tarnish the name of the country.
ati a guy asked to be paid to give tips on how to avoid being detected as a doper, sasa hii ya mzee.

vary many people are saying that some wazungu have kiwaru and they are paying guys locally for sabotage

The Anzrah issue is peculiar. Clearly Anzrah and ferguson Rotich don't look alike. One is young and the other has grey hair. One is chubby and the other is a fit athlete.

So why would the anti-doping authorities insist that Anzrah give a sample. I too see sabotage. Unfortunately the foreign media are reporting it as a doping transgression
Taurrus
#9 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 4:37:40 PM

@Swenani CD zimeisha tutume another cargo?
Alba
#10 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 8:55:42 PM

Looks like Anzrah was victimized by NOCK corruption. Even Kipchoge Keino is not innocent.

On Wednesday, Anzrah, who is a brother to football legend Joe Kadenge and former sprints queen Esther Kavaya, was sent home for “indiscipline” after he reportedly posed as an athlete.

Anzrah’s problems have elicited strong angry reactions from Kenyans and athletics coaches and managers are blaming the National Olympic Committee of Kenya (NOCK). Kithinji Maragara, a Team Kenya athletics coach said NOCK exceeded the number of officials in “waiting list” in Rio. “There are many Kenyans in the camp.

In fact, we exceeded our quota and NOCK tried to accommodate some officials who missed rooms. So, they were waiting for Rugby 7’s teams to travel home for them to get rooms. “Anzrah was a victim of this scenario despite having been named and accredited as sprint coach for Team Kenya,” said Maragara.

t started with Joseph Mosonik, the coach of world javelin champion Julius Yego, being left behind when the track and field squad left on August 7. “Anzrah was forced to cater for himself and things went wrong for him when he went to the Athletes’ Village to cut down on some of his expenses,” said Maragara.

Barnabas Korir, the Athletics Kenya Executive member, has asked NOCK to publish the names of all officials in Rio “if they are serious.”

Stephen arap Soi, the Team Kenya Chief de Mission, said Anzrah conducted himself inappropriately and embarrassed Kenya.

Asked whether Anzrah had a valid accreditation, Soi said: “He was due for activation and I was forced to cancel the activation to safeguard the integrity and credibility of Team Kenya and to protect the interest of clean sport and our nation at large.”

But he did not explain why the coach was staying out of camp yet sprinters were in camp, and did respond when asked if NOCK can account for all those in camp to justify Anzrah’s exclusion.

Kipchoge Keino, the NOCK president said sprint coach Anzrah “presented himself” as 800m medal hope Ferguson Rotich and “even signed the documents” for the doping test. “We cannot tolerate such behaviour,” Keino said.

The athlete’s agent, Marc Corstjens of Golazo Sports Management, said Rotich lent Anzrah his pass so the coach could get free breakfast in the Olympic Village on Wednesday.

Anzrah, 61, was then allegedly approached by a doping control officer who was looking for Rotich and asked to provide a urine sample, which the coach did. “Ferguson is completely confused as to why he would do this but the good news is that he found out straight away and went to the drug-tester and gave them blood and urine samples,” Corstjens said.

The International Olympic Committee praised Kenya’s Olympic body for its “swift action” but has opened disciplinary proceedings into the matter.

sitaki.kujulikana
#11 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 6:56:04 PM

Alba wrote:
The athlete’s agent, Marc Corstjens of Golazo Sports Management, said Rotich lent Anzrah his pass so the coach could get free breakfast in the Olympic Village on Wednesday.

Anzrah, 61, was then allegedly approached by a doping control officer who was looking for Rotich and asked to provide a urine sample, which the coach did...

tuko na shida kubwa, Sad hata wazee wanakimbilia freebies
Taurrus
#12 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2016 9:25:01 PM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
Alba wrote:

Anzrah, 61, was then allegedly approached by a doping control officer who was looking for Rotich and asked to provide a urine sample, which the coach did...

That is unfair,he deserved better,ua gov made him a beggar!Sad
sitaki.kujulikana
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 11:16:46 AM

Taurrus wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
Alba wrote:

he made himself a beggar, if you do not have credentials to travel why force yourself, especially at that age, if it was a twenty something young guy like @swenani fighting tooth and nail to go to rio I can understand, but at some age, vitu zingine are just too much
Alba
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 2:56:05 PM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:

he made himself a beggar, if you do not have credentials to travel why force yourself, especially at that age, if it was a twenty something young guy like @swenani fighting tooth and nail to go to rio I can understand, but at some age, vitu zingine are just too much

They promised him that he would get credentials in Rio.

sitaki.kujulikana
#15 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 4:56:35 PM

Alba wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:

They promised him that he would get credentials in Rio.

one can feel sad for him, but it is said that his transport to rio was not facilitated by knoc, and still if he did not have the credentials where was he living, I mean at that age vitu zingine you just let go, if you do not have the papers to travel just let it slide, baki nyumbani, but I have never been to rio, maybe its worth it.
Alba
#16 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 5:33:34 PM

He cannot "baki nyumbani"
The coaches are also paid allowances by NOCK and as a retireee with a limited income, he needs money.

Thats why he and his family (the Kadenges and Kavayas) have stayed in coaching long after they stopped playing. .
masukuma
#17 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2016 7:05:49 PM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
Taurrus wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
Alba wrote:

we used to do that credentials thing in high school. joy riders would eat via shared credentials smile I understand him. Njaa ikiuma - unajipanga. Trip first... kesi baadaye! kwani wataDo?
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
madollar
#18 Posted : Monday, March 05, 2018 1:31:09 PM

Weh Smh

Ruth Jebet, the reigning Olympic 3,000m steeplechase champion and world record holder, has become the highest-profile Kenya-born athlete to become embroiled in a drug-testing scandal.
Although the news has not yet been confirmed, a number of prominent sources have suggested Jebet has tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug, believed to be the blood booster EPO.
The Athletics Integrity Unit, which processes all doping tests in track and field, said it was unable to confirm the result of any tests under the World Anti-Doping code. Meanwhile, Jebet’s agent, Marc Corstjens, said he had not heard any news of a positive tests. “Honestly I am surprised and shocked. I am absolutely not aware of anything. I tried to reach Ruth but her phone is not answering. I have absolutely no official information.”
The 21-year-old is seen as one of athletic’s brightest stars having won a stunning gold medal at the 2016 Rio Olympics before shattering the world record while still a teenager. She is also a controversial figure in Kenya, having switched allegiances to run for Bahrain after being approached as a 16-year-old and promised a full scholarship to take an animal health degree in the country.
Yet with Jebet spending most of her time training in Kenya, this may raise more questions about how many of the country’s athletes are clean – and whether enough is being done by the authorities to find out.
Between 2011 and 2016, more than 40 athletes from Kenya failed doping tests, including Rita Jeptoo, the three‑times Boston marathon champion, who was given a four-year ban after testing positive for EPO in 2014.
Last year Jeptoo’s former training partner, the Olympic and London marathon winner Jemima Sumgong, was also banned for four years after her claim she was taking EPO for an ectopic pregnancy was rejected.
Yet if Jebet’s failed test is confirmed it will be a bigger shock still. When she took gold in the women’s 3,000m steeplechase at Rio in 8:59:75 – at that point the second-fastest time in history – she was hailed as “Golden Ruth”, although she was greeted with boos in her homeland because she beat Kenya’s Hyvin Jepkemoi into second.
It emerged the Bahrain government had paid Jebet a $500,000 bonus for her Olympic success. By contrast David Rudisha, who won the 800m in Rio in a Kenyan vest, received $10,000 from his government.
Two years ago Kenya was deemed “non-compliant” by Wada but it was reinstated before the Rio Olympics. However, many athletes have suggested not enough is done to test athletes training in the country. The Canadian runner Reid Coolsaet said in 2016: “Kenyan-style anti-doping test. Notify us the night before. One-hour drive to test site at 5am. Many Olympic medallists in house. It was an IAAF accredited test. Procedures are far from what I’m used to in Canada.”
In 2013 another high-profile Kenyan, Matthew Kisorio, told the German broadcaster ARD he took illegal drugs “because everyone told me, I wasn’t the only one – and none of the others got caught for doping”.
He added: “I know a lot of medical substances are used, which are injected straight to the blood for the body to have more oxygen. And when you run, you run so smooth. You have more stamina.”
safariant
#19 Posted : Monday, March 05, 2018 2:42:59 PM

madollar wrote:
Weh Smh

Ruth Jebet, the reigning Olympic 3,000m steeplechase champion and world record holder, has become the highest-profile Kenya-born athlete to become embroiled in a drug-testing scandal.
Although the news has not yet been confirmed, a number of prominent sources have suggested Jebet has tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug, believed to be the blood booster EPO.
The Athletics Integrity Unit, which processes all doping tests in track and field, said it was unable to confirm the result of any tests under the World Anti-Doping code. Meanwhile, Jebet’s agent, Marc Corstjens, said he had not heard any news of a positive tests. “Honestly I am surprised and shocked. I am absolutely not aware of anything. I tried to reach Ruth but her phone is not answering. I have absolutely no official information.”
The 21-year-old is seen as one of athletic’s brightest stars having won a stunning gold medal at the 2016 Rio Olympics before shattering the world record while still a teenager. She is also a controversial figure in Kenya, having switched allegiances to run for Bahrain after being approached as a 16-year-old and promised a full scholarship to take an animal health degree in the country.
Yet with Jebet spending most of her time training in Kenya, this may raise more questions about how many of the country’s athletes are clean – and whether enough is being done by the authorities to find out.
Between 2011 and 2016, more than 40 athletes from Kenya failed doping tests, including Rita Jeptoo, the three‑times Boston marathon champion, who was given a four-year ban after testing positive for EPO in 2014.
Last year Jeptoo’s former training partner, the Olympic and London marathon winner Jemima Sumgong, was also banned for four years after her claim she was taking EPO for an ectopic pregnancy was rejected.
Yet if Jebet’s failed test is confirmed it will be a bigger shock still. When she took gold in the women’s 3,000m steeplechase at Rio in 8:59:75 – at that point the second-fastest time in history – she was hailed as “Golden Ruth”, although she was greeted with boos in her homeland because she beat Kenya’s Hyvin Jepkemoi into second.
It emerged the Bahrain government had paid Jebet a $500,000 bonus for her Olympic success. By contrast David Rudisha, who won the 800m in Rio in a Kenyan vest, received $10,000 from his government.
Two years ago Kenya was deemed “non-compliant” by Wada but it was reinstated before the Rio Olympics. However, many athletes have suggested not enough is done to test athletes training in the country. The Canadian runner Reid Coolsaet said in 2016: “Kenyan-style anti-doping test. Notify us the night before. One-hour drive to test site at 5am. Many Olympic medallists in house. It was an IAAF accredited test. Procedures are far from what I’m used to in Canada.”
In 2013 another high-profile Kenyan, Matthew Kisorio, told the German broadcaster ARD he took illegal drugs “because everyone told me, I wasn’t the only one – and none of the others got caught for doping”.
He added: “I know a lot of medical substances are used, which are injected straight to the blood for the body to have more oxygen. And when you run, you run so smooth. You have more stamina.”

She's Bahrainian.
The greatest act of bravery is chancing a fart while suffering from diarrhoea
masukuma
#20 Posted : Monday, March 05, 2018 9:43:10 PM

safariant wrote:
madollar wrote:
Weh Smh

She's Bahrainian.

success has 1000 fathers... failure is an orphan... hebu uliza watu wa Bahrain saa hii Ruth ni wa nchi gani
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!