wazua Tue, Apr 23, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
KRA Rant
Othelo
#21 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 8:18:53 PM

mwania wrote:
Interesting, if that is the case.. Joining them is the solution

Guys bring Range Rovers as furniture through Mombasa, what is your concern about afew items which still takes time and effort to sell.

Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
mwania
#22 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2016 8:10:45 PM

That is true but I have seen that KRA is really desperate to raise revenue and is running all over trying to seal such loop holes.. every day there is an announcement that KRA will snoop on your bank accounts, MPESA accounts, linking Gava suppliers with banks, rental income iTax, etc. Now I know some guy who was putting up some property and KRA guys visited his site and asked for proof of withholding tax for the consultants.. very petty
mwania
#23 Posted : Tuesday, August 09, 2016 12:27:12 PM

I have been informed that KRA is writing to all County Planning offices requesting for all plans approved from last year including the name of client, title deed number, approval date, architect name, etc. Further, they are visiting building sites asking whether witholding tax was paid for architect's fees, structural engineer.. etc Is it true? If it is true, then it might be a sign that our Government has serious revenue shortfalls.