wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

leasing land
Mtublack
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2016 5:40:28 PM

hello wazuans
Am in the process of leasing out land for a long term period (15 years) what are the issues that I should put in to consideration when signing the lease agreement
Some you win some you lose
mkenyan
#2 Posted : Friday, August 05, 2016 9:36:38 AM

Mtublack wrote:
hello wazuans
Am in the process of leasing out land for a long term period (15 years) what are the issues that I should put in to consideration when signing the lease agreement

ensure the lease is registered against the property's title document. if it is an agricultural land ensure you get land board consent for the lease.
Mtublack
#3 Posted : Friday, August 05, 2016 5:24:02 PM

mkenyan wrote:
Mtublack wrote:
hello wazuans

ensure the lease is registered against the property's title document. if it is an agricultural land ensure you get land board consent for the lease.

what if I dont have

the land has no title we are still following up on the succession issues on the bigger parcel thats owned by a large group of people, whats the dangers of not having it registered if i may ask
Some you win some you lose
mkenyan
#4 Posted : Monday, August 08, 2016 10:19:00 AM

Mtublack wrote:
mkenyan wrote:
Mtublack wrote:
hello wazuans

what if I dont have

the land has no title we are still following up on the succession issues on the bigger parcel thats owned by a large group of people, whats the dangers of not having it registered if i may ask

you will have a 15 year lease than may be terminated before event the first year is out.
and your situation may even be worse as if there are still succession issues to conclude then nobody might actually have the authority to lease it to you.