wazua Thu, May 16, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Professional Digital Systems and Kenya Power
innairobi
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2016 3:27:56 PM

who are these guys? i've seen the owner listed as david karanja. why does kenya power send me smses insisting i buy tokens using PDS number after i bought tokens using kenya power's number 888880? you would think they would be publicising their own number and not that of a vendor.
All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
mawinder
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2016 4:40:45 PM

innairobi wrote:
who are these guys? i've seen the owner listed as david karanja. why does kenya power send me smses insisting i buy tokens using PDS number after i bought tokens using kenya power's number 888880? you would think they would be publicising their own number and not that of a vendor.

The name betrays him. Thieves should be repatriated to Mapinda forest in Tanzania.
Othelo
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2016 4:42:37 PM

Giving alternatives for purchasing tokens isn't a bad idea!!!
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
chemirocha
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2016 5:03:13 PM

I had the misfortune of receiving multiple texts from these fellows. According to Safaricom customer care these guys are agents for Kenya Power.
innairobi
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2016 6:00:30 PM

i have this nagging feeling that the karanja guy is just fronting for some major politician loading up on campaign cash. cant see why kenya power should be frantically advertising a third party when there is an option to go to them direct.
All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
streetwise
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2016 6:23:43 PM

Very confusing indeed.

Kenya power must be upto to something since when they discontinued the prepaid meters. I guess they found out there was no money to be made. Like Baki once said you need intelligence to steal , the rest is robbery

Angelica _ann
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2016 6:30:27 PM

However KPLC are not forcing anybody to topup with the 3rd parties, have they?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
chemirocha
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 03, 2016 7:15:55 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
However KPLC are not forcing anybody to topup with the 3rd parties, have they?

The issue here is this unknown third party and their mode of operation. Where is the value addition to me as the customer?
Chaka
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 04, 2016 10:07:28 AM

Has KP been overwhelmed so that they have to introduce agents?
innairobi
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 04, 2016 12:07:56 PM

Chaka wrote:
Has KP been overwhelmed so that they have to introduce agents?

its odd that a small company like PDS has the infrastructure to ensure faster loading of tokens than a billion dollar turnover company like kenya power. it's like safaricom redirecting people to some small internet service provider because it doesnt have sufficient capacity.
streetwise
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 04, 2016 12:17:42 PM

KPLC credits you after 48 hours. PDS credits you in minutes.

All this is planned. What KPLC should do is buy out PDS and employ their staff.

This is how is done else where were you don't have the skill and you need to be up and running in a short time.

I trust someone is listening otherwise taxpayers money will be moved from paying the very expensive independent power producers to payment system outsource.

The game remains the same the players having been changed.
Othelo
#12 Posted : Thursday, August 04, 2016 12:34:51 PM

streetwise wrote:

This is how is done else where were you don't have the skill and you need to be up and running in a short time.

I trust someone is listening otherwise taxpayers money will be moved from paying the very expensive independent power producers to payment system outsource.

since when, I buy credit from 888880 and am credited/get the sms with the token number within 5-7 minutes always. Wacheni prorojo and propaganda yawa.
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
tnai9
#13 Posted : Thursday, August 04, 2016 12:43:43 PM

Othelo wrote:
streetwise wrote:

since when, I buy credit from 888880 and am credited/get the sms with the token number within 5-7 minutes always. Wacheni prorojo and propaganda yawa.

PDSL systems connect to KPLC systems to generate tokens. There is only one central point for generating tokens
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ― Charles Bukowski
innairobi
#14 Posted : Saturday, August 06, 2016 4:01:02 PM

They sent me a new SMS and it now includes their number and not just the PDS number. Labda waliskia lol.