wazua Thu, Apr 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

47 Pages«<4142434445>»
Matatu Business
kaka2za
#841 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 12:15:29 PM

Motomoto wrote:
Hi everybody
Doe's anyone have a generic job description for a driver and a makanga which I can sit down with them once in while to go through... na msinicheke!!!

Major Functions include:
1.Bribing Cops
2.Stealing from you
3.Intimidating other motorists
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Motomoto
#842 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 5:59:20 PM

kaka2za wrote:
Motomoto wrote:
Hi everybody
Doe's anyone have a generic job description for a driver and a makanga which I can sit down with them once in while to go through... na msinicheke!!!

Major Functions include:
1.Bribing Cops
2.Stealing from you

Kuma
Thitifini
#843 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2016 10:49:37 PM

Motomoto wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Motomoto wrote:
Hi everybody

Major Functions include:
1.Bribing Cops
2.Stealing from you

Kuma

Laughing out loudly

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
kanyimwa
#844 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2016 12:24:20 PM

My sober response based on own experience:
For Driver:
a) To keep safe custody of the keys at all times and ensure that the cabin is well secured from intruders (e.g. stage boys)
b) Take control of the vehicle and be alert to ensure that no avoidable accidents cases
c) Avoid at all costs, traffic and Kanju (read NCC) offenses that would cost money and be ready to be penalised for such if they were avoidable
d) Constantly liaise with colleagues in the SACCO to get updates on impending or ongoing operations on your route
e) No cash handling policy observance unless with prior authorization by management (i.e. do not envy collections being made behind you by the conductor)
f) Avoid keeping company of rouge and unrully drivers in the SACCO. They will infect you with bad habits that will make you to lose your job before you end the probation period with us

...more to follow
Motomoto
#845 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 7:00:49 AM

kanyimwa wrote:
My sober response based on own experience:
For Driver:
a) To keep safe custody of the keys at all times and ensure that the cabin is well secured from intruders (e.g. stage boys)
b) Take control of the vehicle and be alert to ensure that no avoidable accidents cases
c) Avoid at all costs, traffic and Kanju (read NCC) offenses that would cost money and be ready to be penalised for such if they were avoidable
d) Constantly liaise with colleagues in the SACCO to get updates on impending or ongoing operations on your route
e) No cash handling policy observance unless with prior authorization by management (i.e. do not envy collections being made behind you by the conductor)
f) Avoid keeping company of rouge and unrully drivers in the SACCO. They will infect you with bad habits that will make you to lose your job before you end the probation period with us

...more to follow

Thanks...
*what is the most effective way of managing fuel in the industry?
kanyimwa
#846 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 10:33:23 AM

I thought this cashless was dead and buried long time ago

mobile.nation.co.ke/business/Cashless-fare-drive-runs-into-rough-bump/-/1950106/3246840/-/h84ngkz/-/index.html
Atalaku
#847 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 10:44:01 AM

If you have not fitted your matatu with a tracker, you'd better do so. It is very very very convenient. At any given time you will be able to know where your matatu is and how many 'squads' it has done...And hence lessening the chances of being ripped of by the crew.
kaka2za
#848 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 10:51:10 AM

Atalaku wrote:

If you have not fitted your matatu with a tracker, you'd better do so. It is very very very convenient. At any given time you will be able to know where your matatu is and how many 'squads' it has done...And hence lessening the chances of being ripped of by the crew.

Doesn't help much.
Bado watasema walienda kirae.
(James Russell Rowell)
Atalaku
#849 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 10:54:34 AM

kaka2za wrote:
Atalaku wrote:

Doesn't help much.
Bado watasema walienda kirae.

@Kaka2za...Kirae ni nini? Hehehe. It is helping me a lot a lot a lot!!!
Atalaku
#850 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 12:07:22 PM

I read elsewhere that NTSA is no longer giving TLBs to 14 seater matatus. Is it true?
Stealth
#851 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 12:26:15 PM

@ atalaku - kirae means empty or with very few passengers.
orenyu
#852 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 3:31:53 PM

Have gone through the post but would like to know the average number of years at which a 33 seater matatu will operate before maintenance cost starts going up
subaru
#853 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 5:48:26 PM

Atalaku wrote:
I read elsewhere that NTSA is no longer giving TLBs to 14 seater matatus. Is it true?

14 seater za wapi which area new tlb or renewal
Atalaku
#854 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 6:53:35 PM

subaru wrote:
Atalaku wrote:

New TLB
Atalaku
#855 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 6:59:06 PM

Stealth wrote:

With my car tracker I can see where they are stopping. Do they stop to pick air. So far so good for me. I am getting an average of 5k daily. Which I think is good.
... I may install cctv camera in the matatu...":"Eneke the bird says that since men have learned to shoot without missing, he has learned to fly without perching."
kaka2za
#856 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 8:12:47 PM

Atalaku wrote:
Stealth wrote:

With my car tracker I can see where they are stopping. Do they stop to pick air. So far so good for me. I am getting an average of 5k daily. Which I think is good.
... I may install cctv camera in the matatu...":"Eneke the bird says that since men have learned to shoot without missing, he has learned to fly without perching."

Maybe your route does not have tough competition.Huku kwetu,the Tout can shout for five minutes na waende kirae.
BTW I have the tracker but resolved to give them a target while tracking fuel consumption.
(James Russell Rowell)
subaru
#857 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2016 8:52:05 PM

Atalaku wrote:
subaru wrote:
Atalaku wrote:

New TLB

What about my td 27 kat not on psv for 4 years
kanyimwa
#858 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 11:07:11 AM

junior121121 wrote:
tnai9 wrote:
subaru wrote:

btw you had me startled about the price batt kubwa lazima all the best in your venture

@Subaru, those are the exact figures.
--4900k = our contribution + financing
--220k = Bank charges(I feel they are exorbitant)(ourselves)
--500k = Others(nganya stories, mandatory req -tax, insp, TLB, insurance instal etc)(ourselves)

Anybody with figures for bank charges from NIC?

KCI body and GM chassis Isuzu was going for 5.1M two weeks after our order, not sure the price now.

tnai9 - next time inbox me prior to buying chassis might be able to save you a bob or two. Complete on road i am getting for quite a bit less

Regarding batteries for sounds - 45k is too high. Replace the two old ones with 2*KV - 1400 batteries which wholesale for 14k each. These are the non maintenance ones. If you have screens on each seat then you will need maybe 1800. Buy direct in industrial area (i bought two about three weeks back)- i have 4 nganyas and never had an issue with this. Alternatively - kimbiza the regular ones for two weeks and let the car pay for the new batteries

Also - and i mean this - ensure you remove the tyre and jack as soon as the car leaves KCI (Unless its a long distance moti). Keep these at home.

I might be advising on stuff you know but just giving a heads up where i have been burnt before. Have you decided on route?

@Junior, i upgraded mine with snake lights; woofer system and other adds on. After two weeks the GM supplied batts have started knocking. The bus cant start on its own. Where in Inda do I buy the KV 1400 you have mentioned? Need them ASAP
Jon Jones
#859 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 4:21:38 AM

Anyone who does Thika-Nyeri route??I got some questions. How profitable is the route compared to the Nairobi-Nyeri route?
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
And1589
#860 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 9:01:57 PM

kanyimwa wrote:
junior121121 wrote:
tnai9 wrote:
subaru wrote:

btw you had me startled about the price batt kubwa lazima all the best in your venture

@Subaru, those are the exact figures.
--4900k = our contribution + financing
--220k = Bank charges(I feel they are exorbitant)(ourselves)
--500k = Others(nganya stories, mandatory req -tax, insp, TLB, insurance instal etc)(ourselves)

Anybody with figures for bank charges from NIC?

KCI body and GM chassis Isuzu was going for 5.1M two weeks after our order, not sure the price now.

tnai9 - next time inbox me prior to buying chassis might be able to save you a bob or two. Complete on road i am getting for quite a bit less

Regarding batteries for sounds - 45k is too high. Replace the two old ones with 2*KV - 1400 batteries which wholesale for 14k each. These are the non maintenance ones. If you have screens on each seat then you will need maybe 1800. Buy direct in industrial area (i bought two about three weeks back)- i have 4 nganyas and never had an issue with this. Alternatively - kimbiza the regular ones for two weeks and let the car pay for the new batteries

Also - and i mean this - ensure you remove the tyre and jack as soon as the car leaves KCI (Unless its a long distance moti). Keep these at home.

I might be advising on stuff you know but just giving a heads up where i have been burnt before. Have you decided on route?

@Junior, i upgraded mine with snake lights; woofer system and other adds on. After two weeks the GM supplied batts have started knocking. The bus cant start on its own. Where in Inda do I buy the KV 1400 you have mentioned? Need them ASAP

@Kanyimwa You could also try Chloride Exide N150 or above, they never disappoint. Industrial area opposite Kuguru foods along enterprise Road. Have used them a number of times.