Nairobi Business Ventures Ltd Listing
#41 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 9:21:43 AM

85m in revenue and trade price of KES 8 while KQ has annual revenue of over 110b and we say it's worth KES 4.20 per share

Kuna mtu alirogwa na KQ alafu mrogi Akafa
#42 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 9:33:13 AM

85m in revenue and trade price of KES 8 while KQ has annual revenue of over 110b and we say it's worth KES 4.20 per share

Kuna mtu alirogwa na KQ alafu mrogi Akafa

Mrogi alisema atafufuka.Ndio maana huyo anataka akufe na KQ alafu afufuke tena.
#43 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 6:08:53 PM

whiteowl wrote:

Your analogy is misleading. There are other metrics to be considered like NAV and EPS when pricing a share. Going by your analogy very few shares would be priced higher than KQ . And I'm not saying this share is trading at fair value, I actually don't know how much it's worth. At least for KQ i know it's worth sub zero.

ofcourse I had to be economical with fact. but it's true that only Safaricom as the other listed firm at NSE that has higher annual turnover than KQ .. EABL a distant third circa 75B. anyhow, how exactly did you arrive at sub zero valuation.. this is interesting

Simple,if KQ was to be shut down today all assets sold and liabilities paid shareholders would find themselves on the negative. But luckily the liability is limited so they'll walk out with zero bob each.
#44 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 8:51:50 PM

whiteowl wrote:

Your analogy is misleading. There are other metrics to be considered like NAV and EPS when pricing a share. Going by your analogy very few shares would be priced higher than KQ . And I'm not saying this share is trading at fair value, I actually don't know how much it's worth. At least for KQ i know it's worth sub zero.

ofcourse I had to be economical with fact. but it's true that only Safaricom as the other listed firm at NSE that has higher annual turnover than KQ .. EABL a distant third circa 75B. anyhow, how exactly did you arrive at sub zero valuation.. this is interesting

Simple,if KQ was to be shut down today all assets sold and liabilities paid shareholders would find themselves on the negative. But luckily the liability is limited so they'll walk out with zero bob each.

We have told @Obiero a thousand times nobody cares about revenue!!! Revenue is not profit. What matters is profit. I would rather have a revenue of 2 million and a profit of 1 million than a revenue of 110 Billion and LOSS of 27 Billion!!!
#45 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 9:44:32 PM

whiteowl wrote:

We have told @Obiero a thousand times nobody cares about revenue!!! Revenue is not profit. What matters is profit. I would rather have a revenue of 2 million and a profit of 1 million than a revenue of 110 Billion and LOSS of 27 Billion!!!

@maich that is fine.. but if your mpesa shop gets robbed by some Ygeneration staff do you sell off the business or try bring it back up

#46 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 10:14:48 PM

whiteowl wrote:

@maich that is fine.. but if your mpesa shop gets robbed by some Ygeneration staff do you sell off the business or try bring it back up

I have no problem with anyone trying to revive a business. Not at all. That's a different topic all together. All I am saying is that Revenue doesn't count for anything! All business have revenue - including Airtel (and all the other names they have used before) which has never made a single cent in profit since they set foot in Kenya! What matters is profit. Profit!!! That's money in your pocket. Hiyo ingine yote ni kelele!!

Even when they were making profits, KQ's profit to revenue ratio was dismal! Something like 5 cents to the shilling. And those were the "good old days"!!! Sasa ni losses galore! Why would anyone care about revenue when a company is making record breaking losses???
#47 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2016 10:26:28 PM

whiteowl wrote:

I have no problem with anyone trying to revive a business. Not at all. That's a different topic all together. All I am saying is that Revenue doesn't count for anything! All business have revenue - including Airtel (and all the other names they have used before) which has never made a single cent in profit since they set foot in Kenya! What matters is profit. Profit!!! That's money in your pocket. Hiyo ingine yote ni kelele!!

Even when they were making profits, KQ's profit to revenue ratio was dismal! Something like 5 cents to the shilling. And those were the "good old days"!!! Sasa ni losses galore! Why would anyone care about revenue when a company is making record breaking losses???

your points are valid.. however larger revenue implies possibility of larger profit. one can not make a profit of 1m with revenue of 200k. sounds simplistic but you get the point

#48 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2016 4:46:30 AM

whiteowl wrote:

your points are valid.. however larger revenue implies possibility of larger profit. one can not make a profit of 1m with revenue of 200k. sounds simplistic but you get the point

But one can make a profit of 1m with 200k cost.
#49 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2016 8:25:32 AM

whiteowl wrote:

true..

#50 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2016 9:02:27 AM

whiteowl wrote:

true..

@obiero other things is just common sense. Not even profound education can liberate an individual from this so called huge revenue. It is about PROFIT . I told you in another thread that I do make up to 8000% profit. My revenues are small though awesome returns. The motivating factor in any business especially limited companies is to maximise growth of shareholder wealth.
#51 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2016 10:46:25 AM

whiteowl wrote:

true..

@obiero other things is just common sense. Not even profound education can liberate an individual from this so called huge revenue. It is about PROFIT . I told you in another thread that I do make up to 8000% profit. My revenues are small though awesome returns. The motivating factor in any business especially limited companies is to maximise growth of shareholder wealth.

I agree

#52 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2016 2:52:57 PM

whiteowl wrote:

true..

I agree

and by extension, so @obiero you too agree you are being ripped off buying into this loss making monkey with negative NAV and living on borrowed time from the creditors.
Eti nilisikia kamtu fulani kakisema the adverse loss position of kq will improve to what loss position? that's an insult of the highest order to investors Intel.
#53 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2016 7:03:27 PM

whiteowl wrote:

true..

I agree

and by extension, so @obiero you too agree you are being ripped off buying into this loss making monkey with negative NAV and living on borrowed time from the creditors.
Eti nilisikia kamtu fulani kakisema the adverse loss position of kq will improve to what loss position? that's an insult of the highest order to investors Intel.

ukitoka ICU to general ward lazima tufurahi... KQ was ill but is now recovering under operation pride and will soon turn healthy.. just saying.. BTW PJT have finalised strategic investor funding worth USD 0.6B to be made public in next few weeks

#54 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2016 8:13:09 PM

whiteowl wrote:

true..

I agree

ukitoka ICU to general ward lazima tufurahi... KQ was ill but is now recovering under operation pride and will soon turn healthy.. just saying.. BTW PJT have finalised strategic investor funding worth USD 0.6B to be made public in next few weeks

@obiero you are not afraid of dilution due to KES 60B injection by a new investor? An entry of fresh strategic investor will dampen market excitement.
#55 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2016 8:47:08 PM

whiteowl wrote:

true..

I agree

@obiero you are not afraid of dilution due to KES 60B injection by a new investor? An entry of fresh strategic investor will dampen market excitement.

no.. I am not worried.. The price rise will out strip the effects of dilution

#56 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2016 9:50:49 PM

whiteowl wrote:

true..

I agree

Exchuse me,is this a thread for Nairobi Business Venture or KQ? Admin should lecture people on discipline.Wakati nitakuwa veteran nitapiga kelele sana.
Kwa sahi mi ni member tu and im growing slowly.
ARAP CHARLES
#57 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2016 10:01:51 PM

My thoughts to. KQ is trending over other threads.
Watch and Listen and Live
#58 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2016 10:46:11 PM

whiteowl wrote:

true..

I agree

the mortician just knocked on the door and will be confirmed ready to inter the belly up dude once the right fee is set.
you see @obiero every piece is falling into place and systematically.
the dude had under done the pull plug pills(under dose ya kumi kumi)-project mawingu n had to be resuscitated to seal that will. that's over and well done. Now he is smiling at a jar full of marathion-more debts, sold assets to finance thieving schemes, tenderprenuers, leasing planes, sale of pivotal London slot, shocker wage bills.
faretheewell. this is a tragedy.
#59 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 7:28:57 AM

whiteowl wrote:

true..

I agree

Exchuse me,is this a thread for Nairobi Business Venture or KQ? Admin should lecture people on discipline.Wakati nitakuwa veteran nitapiga kelele sana.
Kwa sahi mi ni member tu and im growing slowly.

lol.. there are no lanes in discussions, plus there was a comparison that led to the trend

#60 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 12:27:22 PM

mkate_nusu wrote:
tmatekwa wrote:
Nairobi Business Ventures (NBV) listing

http://www.businessdaily.../-/deuv0jz/-/index.html

another fishy muindi company....

Muindi can shaft you from many directions and worst part you wont see it coming.

hehehehehe....Mzungu shafted me badly in Atlas Africa Industries(ADSS) after i bought the Ethiopian beer consumption stories lakini hapa kuna mambo.

P.S. You can read the whole thread and see how some wazua posters should not be taken seriously as they know nothing about business