wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

import of used clothing
Luke Amos
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 07, 2016 9:54:22 PM

Hi,

i am considering starting a business that deals in the import of used clothing. I want to quit my job to pursue this business.

Does anyone here have any experience on the pro's and con's of this business and the kind of returns that can be gained per month?

Thanks in advance.
mkeiy
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2016 8:13:28 AM

Luke Amos wrote:
Hi,

i am considering starting a business that deals in the import of used clothing. I want to quit my job to pursue this business.

Does anyone here have any experience on the pro's and con's of this business and the kind of returns that can be gained per month?

Thanks in advance.

Where will you be importing from?

North America? Europe? or Asia?

Don't say you got no idea.
MaichBlack
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2016 10:23:38 AM

Luke Amos wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

There is a fellow who runs a series of shops called "Think Twice" (You can Google them). He is doing it in a big way and is making a killing!!!

Talk to a manager or senior employee in one of the shops (make the talk "worth while" to them) and you will get as much info as you want.

Big companies have been poaching employees for years. It has more to do with experience and understanding the target market and business than with academic and professional qualifications. It is about time SMEs and Entrepreneurs started doing the same!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Luke Amos
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2016 6:20:24 PM

I intend to import from the UK and from Canada.

Thanks for the input, will do so.
Niko Salama
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2016 5:38:22 AM

Not a bad idea though at times can be capital intensive .... the demand is there check out the responses "Premier Trade - Used Clothes" ... gets on Facebook...

Some exporters in the USA are mostly Asians and ship minimum 20' containers .... you also have to know the seasons when certain cloths are in demand ... winter wear, summer wear, jeans, toys and shoes ...

You also need to know the grades that your customers would need ... grade A, B and C ... grade A sold in pieces while grade C sold per pound

Shipping from America seems more expensive than from Europe such that European importers may have cheaper prices than American ones ...

Goodluck

Demixl
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2019 12:24:22 PM

Luke Amos wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

you know, it's a good idea, but many people won't agree to buy used clothes, that's why 2 years ago I decided to buy cheap clothes from sites with trendy and fashionable clothes and then to sell in in my local area, and you know, it's quite profitable business. By the way, as for me it's especially profitable to buy leather trousers from this site https://www.lilylulufashion.com/leather-trousers/ , as women buy it and it's in demand, because it's pleasant to the touch and comfortable. Moreover, it's profitable to buy clothes from that site because there are almost permanent discounts :)
Doombringer
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2019 7:37:46 PM

Buying used clothes is becoming a popular trend in the US and EU and will soon reach other parts of the world. This is a good idea, provided that you import quality clothes that are higher in quality than cheap clothes. However, this will require the art of marketing.
Rankaz13
#8 Posted : Friday, January 03, 2020 11:23:46 AM

https://youtu.be/hd_lCXQzA80
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.