nakujua
#41 Posted : Tuesday, June 02, 2015 9:27:39 AM

Swenani wrote:
nakujua wrote:
Gordon Gekko wrote:
Rankaz13 wrote:
nakujua wrote:
doubletap wrote:
Come across this article about KPLC halting the pre-paid meters roll out.

link

we have peculiar leadership
According to that article
Quote:

According to the Kenya Power records, about 925,000 out of the 3.17 Million customers are on prepaid meters. Before the 925k moved to prepaid, they were collecting about four times more than what they currently collect from the same customers. The Kenya Power MD stopped short of accusing customers with prepaid meter tampering as his explanation of the reduced revenues. With the reduction in revenues, Kenya power has decided to classify this reduction as ‘unpaid debts’ in their books.

The reality of estimated (postpaid) bills?d'oh!

TANESCO, Tanzania's equivalent had a pre-payment program called LUKU (Lipa Umeme Kadri Unavyotumia). All KPLC had to do was spend a week there to learn the challenges which are a carbon copy of what KPLC are facing.

they are not facing any challenges, ni vile tu sasa those with prepaid meters are in control of what they use, plus after disconnection one is not charged crazy amounts for re connection.

I have always wondered why our lawyers have never been interested in doing a ka mass lawsuit for those overcharged by kplc.

Tax accountants should also do mass tax returns,doctors should also do off mass medical services,farmers should also offer mass food products at stay at home dads like you should also offer mass daycare services?

I have no chance of gaining from a mass daycare service, kungekuwa na possibilities I would ditch my loitering on wazua, and engage in a real occupation smile

I mean from a benefit point of view, the lawyers would get a decent payout if successful - like those tu mass lawsuits against the tobacco guys - maybe I am starting to hallucinate, staying at home sio mchezo, especially huku mashinani smile
kayhara
#42 Posted : Tuesday, June 02, 2015 11:35:51 AM

The problem with reduced revenue is the STANDING CHARGES, see for me I use 0.5 units per day, I bought units worth 1,500/- in November last year I still have 98 units left, so I have not paid standing charges since November, so if 1 million customers don't then Kenya Power will feel it.
To Each His Own
nakujua
#43 Posted : Tuesday, June 02, 2015 5:23:12 PM

kayhara wrote:
The problem with reduced revenue is the STANDING CHARGES, see for me I use 0.5 units per day, I bought units worth 1,500/- in November last year I still have 98 units left, so I have not paid standing charges since November, so if 1 million customers don't then Kenya Power will feel it.

lakini that is cash they will still charge you, the moment you try loading more units, but true it will surely impact on their monthly collections.

lakini sasa hiyo ni shida yao, they should look at bringing more guys on the grid, not suspending the prepaid meters.
Angelica _ann
#44 Posted : Tuesday, June 02, 2015 6:27:38 PM

nakujua wrote:
kayhara wrote:

lakini that is cash they will still charge you, the moment you try loading more units, but true it will surely impact on their monthly collections.

lakini sasa hiyo ni shida yao, they should look at bringing more guys on the grid, not suspending the prepaid meters.

November to now 98 units not yet finished. Isorite!!!

Unaishi wapi, aje!!!!d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Chaka
#45 Posted : Tuesday, June 02, 2015 6:48:16 PM

How much saving did KP make by laying off some meter readers?
sysdevPM
#46 Posted : Tuesday, June 02, 2015 6:56:03 PM

I understand kenya power is a monopoly but there is disconnect between their marketing campaigns (with service charter and all ) and the way they treat customers . I paid for connection in early April . Still waiting . Contract for service line awarded to a contractor has never been on site . Nkt nkt
nakujua
#47 Posted : Tuesday, June 02, 2015 8:22:38 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
nakujua wrote:
kayhara wrote:

maybe ni holiday home.
ole3
#48 Posted : Thursday, June 04, 2015 12:03:06 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
nakujua wrote:
kayhara wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly catch is the service charges smile smile

streetwise
#49 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 4:45:52 PM

I have seen the argument above and now that I am brighter let me let the cat in.

The reason KPLC makes more money is not because of change consumption standing charge etc no no no.

The reason is that with prepaid meter the overcharge the customer.

Let me tell you how.

They read your meter today let’s say the reading is 345. You pay the current bill.

For the next few months let’s say 5 , they send you estimated bill and you settle each.

On the 5th Month they read your meter , let’s say it read 450.

They send you a bill for 450-345= 105 units and change you for the same.

They don't deduct the payments you made for the estimated bill for the 5 months.

In other words they charge the customer twice for the same period.

This is pure theft. The consumer association need to take this up.

We will be lining up at KPLC for refunds.