wazua Fri, Sep 27, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

38 Pages«<2223242526>»
Kengen success
nashx
#461 Posted : Tuesday, June 07, 2016 11:43:12 PM

enyands wrote:
Realcement wrote:

Watch out for cheaper Kengen post rights , the little positive gyration is temporary it will fizzle out .
Two good reasons :-
(i) Effect Of over dilution
(ii) 2017 is election year , you already see the signal on stocks and the polity ?

Post 2017 Kengen will be superb.
You will get Kengen 5 bob or below in the near term .

"""Investors willing to participate in the rights issue but who are not shareholders can buy rights of owners who are not willing to exercise their option at the securities exchange. Non-shareholders also have an option of buying the shares that will not be taken up at the end of the rights issue period through what is known as a rump but in minimum blocks of 100,000 shares. Existing shareholders who do not participate in the offer will have their ownership diluted."""

How will you expect me to buy 100,000 shares minimum at ksh650,000 .Greed at most high level . Let even the ramp to die .I ain't paying minimum of 650,000. There are other better rewarding shares than this . With 650k I can buy kcb or even coop which is discounted and get good dividends than lock myself in kengen which has high political influence and don't know the future .If it won't all be taken up then I'll feel sorry for these guys . Who advises them anyway? 650,000 shillings minimum??

What harm will it do me to wait till when it's over on the 10/06/2016 and wait to buy my 1,000 at ksh6,500? Why should I hurry now and take a loan from shylock of 650,000 to buy ramp?? This is just common sense. I'll wait for it post ramp.i might get it cheaper and even minimum of 100 shares if I go by Realcement .

That stage is geared for high net worth individuals and institutional investorsLaughing out loudly
Offering my personal finance knowledge for free
enyands
#462 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2016 12:51:47 AM

nashx wrote:
enyands wrote:
Realcement wrote:

Watch out for cheaper Kengen post rights , the little positive gyration is temporary it will fizzle out .
(ii) 2017 is election year , you already see the signal on stocks and the polity ?

"""Investors willing to participate in the rights issue but who are not shareholders can buy rights of owners who are not willing to exercise their option at the securities exchange. Non-shareholders also have an option of buying the shares that will not be taken up at the end of the rights issue period through what is known as a rump but in minimum blocks of 100,000 shares. Existing shareholders who do not participate in the offer will have their ownership diluted."""

How will you expect me to buy 100,000 shares minimum at ksh650,000 .Greed at most high level . Let even the ramp to die .I ain't paying minimum of 650,000. There are other better rewarding shares than this . With 650k I can buy kcb or even coop which is discounted and get good dividends than lock myself in kengen which has high political influence and don't know the future .If it won't all be taken up then I'll feel sorry for these guys . Who advises them anyway? 650,000 shillings minimum??

What harm will it do me to wait till when it's over on the 10/06/2016 and wait to buy my 1,000 at ksh6,500? Why should I hurry now and take a loan from shylock of 650,000 to buy ramp?? This is just common sense. I'll wait for it post ramp.i might get it cheaper and even minimum of 100 shares if I go by Realcement .

That stage is geared for high net worth individuals and institutional investorsLaughing out loudly

Hii ni masarau
VituVingiSana
#463 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2016 1:29:20 AM

Kengen blames monkey for Tuesday's nationwide blackout
Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Sad{|= Sad{|= Sad{|= Liar Liar Liar

http://www.the-star.co.k...nwide-blackout_c1365363

Yeah, let me stay away from KenGen for now!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
murchr
#464 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2016 2:39:20 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:

In this country where monkeys and other primates are free to roam around, this is not shocking nor unexpected. However this underlies the importance of having multiple power sources for easy interchangeability.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
enyands
#465 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2016 4:06:17 AM

murchr wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

In this country where monkeys and other primates are free to roam around, this is not shocking nor unexpected. However this underlies the importance of having multiple power sources for easy interchangeability.

Come up with policies where whoever installs solar panels in their houses gets incentives and credits from the government and the same govt can buy back excess power you are producing during the day when at work to power industries.

If every houses in Kenya can do that then expect no over reliance of hydro . Otherwise née innovations needed. People use kplc as a political campaign tool rather than an empowering tool.
Ericsson
#466 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2016 8:39:54 AM

@murchr,VituVingiSana
The problem we now have is lack of high voltage transmission lines from Olkaria geothermal plants to Nairobi which would have acted as backup when the line from eastern hydro power stations develops a problem.
Even high voltage line from Olkaria to western kenya hakuna
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Realcement
#467 Posted : Thursday, June 09, 2016 11:58:39 AM

****Just to clarify****

Kengen is a good long term counter if they translate their plans to action.
My reservation of their on going rights is the price at this time. 6.55 bob for 2:1 dilution is TOO HIGH.
I will get it cheaper weeks or months after rights after dilution (Post July 10, 2016).

moneydust
#468 Posted : Thursday, June 09, 2016 12:26:53 PM

enyands wrote:
Realcement wrote:

They didn't have you in mind when they came up with this..
Aguytrying
#469 Posted : Thursday, June 09, 2016 1:56:07 PM

moneydust wrote:
enyands wrote:
Realcement wrote:

They didn't have you in mind when they came up with this..

They didn't have shareholders in mind. Even the 2:1 rights they didn't have shareholders in mind
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Realcement
#470 Posted : Thursday, June 09, 2016 2:20:15 PM

Realcement wrote:

****Just to clarify****

My reservation of their on going rights is the price at this time. 6.55 bob for 2:1 dilution is TOO HIGH.
I will get it cheaper weeks or months after rights after dilution (Post July 10, 2016).

Realcement
#471 Posted : Thursday, June 09, 2016 2:21:46 PM

Realcement wrote:

****Just to clarify****

I look forward to buying KENGEN between 4 to 5 bob in the months ahead before it grows post 2017 to double digit.
Spikes
#472 Posted : Thursday, June 09, 2016 2:26:20 PM

Realcement wrote:
Realcement wrote:

****Just to clarify****

I look forward to buying KENGEN between 4 to 5 bob in the months ahead before it grows post 2017 to double digit.

It will sink to 2/- Safaricom style 6 years ago!
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
watesh
#473 Posted : Thursday, June 09, 2016 2:40:01 PM

Ericsson wrote:
@murchr,VituVingiSana
The problem we now have is lack of high voltage transmission lines from Olkaria geothermal plants to Nairobi which would have acted as backup when the line from eastern hydro power stations develops a problem.
Even high voltage line from Olkaria to western kenya hakuna

Where does this Olkaria power go?
Ericsson
#474 Posted : Thursday, June 09, 2016 2:58:42 PM

@watesh
The power that the medium voltage lines are able to carry is the one that is being consumed hence the generation plants are not being put into full mode
That's why we still have the thermal plants i.e IPPs still running.
Once the Olkaria-Suswa-Isinya-Nairobi Embakasi 400KV and Rabai-Embakasi 400KV double circuit lines are complete then the Olkaria geothermal plants can now start running into full mode
mthaka
#475 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 11:44:26 AM

mthaka wrote:
“We recommend shareholders to take up their rights and invest more in KenGen due to the earnings growth and upside potential the company has. Based on our target price of 15.10, the stock has an upside potential of over 100 per cent,” AIB Capital said.

The signals emanating from the management indicate they are likely to maintain a dividend payout ratio. Sentiment aside, I believe the KenGen rights issue presents an attractive investment opportunity.
AIB again at it
murchr
#476 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 4:37:33 PM

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
gatoho
#477 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 5:50:45 PM

Took up my rights today. Hopefully when am old will be considered genius
Foresight..
moneydust
#478 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 7:37:51 PM

gatoho wrote:
Took up my rights today. Hopefully when am old will be considered genius

I have a feeling you won't regret this..
Ericsson
#479 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 8:30:54 PM

According to estimates of the 2016/2017 by national treasury KENGEN is anticipated to make a net profit of ksh.7.438bn after corporate tax and finance cost.Profit before tax and finance cost at ksh.14.857bn
Dividend will fall in the range of ksh.0.30-0.40 per share.
So for the price to get to ksh.3 will be a hard nut even on a bear run.
Ericsson
#480 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 8:41:21 PM

2017/2018 Profit before tax at ksh.16.393bn and after tax and finance cost at ksh.8.8bn.
Those are projections/guidance and actual figures may be higher