wazua Sat, Sep 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Good Performance For Databank Ghana Mutual Fund Products
young
#1 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 11:57:49 AM

The highlights are

2012 RETURNS
http://www.databankgroup...-reports&Itemid=98#

(I) EPACK:- 80% stocks in Ghana and 8 other African markets.

Annualized returns = 17.3 %

(II) BFUND :- 50% stocks in 9 African countries, 50% fixed income

Annualized returns = 16.3 %

(III) MFUND :- 100% Money market instruments

Annualized returns = 14.81 %

2013 year to date

http://www.databankgroup...mp;id=104&Itemid=74

(i) EPACK year to date 63.7 %
(ii) BFUND year to date 40.94 %%
(ii) MFUND year to date 21.42%
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
young
#2 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 2:20:02 PM

The only 2 counters in the Kenyan bourse that Databank of Ghana picked are

Equity Banking
Williamson Tea Agroprocessing.

I hope they are seing what am not seing. If it were me I would have subsituted Williamson tea with the likes of Jubilee, Nation Media, Bamburi
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
mwekez@ji
#3 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 5:07:30 PM

smile Equity Bank is a good have in portfolio. ... I see they sold KQ and bought KK in the year. Interesting that
young
#4 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 5:12:35 PM

mwekez@ji wrote:
smile Equity Bank is a good have in portfolio. ... I see they sold KQ and bought KK in the year. Interesting that

Is that right, I did not notice they have KK in their portfolio.

On the whole those chaps are doing a good job, they might not be 100% perfect, I give them 75%.
It is the only indegenous sub-saharan mutual fund that invest across african markets with salutary results over the years.
There was a year they returned 100% to EPACK shareholders , I think 2004. They are edging close to that this year.
I joined them in 2006.
mwekez@ji
#5 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 5:32:00 PM

young wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:

On the whole those chaps are doing a good job, they might not be 100% perfect, I give them 75%.
It is the only indegenous sub-saharan mutual fund that invest across african markets with salutary results over the years.
There was a year they returned 100% to EPACK shareholders , I think 2004. They are edging close to that this year.
I joined them in 2006.

Right @young. See table titled "Portfolio Summary As At December 31, 2012" on page 21-23 of Epack Annual Report. Very comprehensive reports these. Kenya fund managers should follow
Realcement
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 09, 2016 12:22:55 PM

young wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:

I joined them in 2006.

@Young the Nigerian Chief

The chaps www.databankgroup.com
are extremely good. They celebrated 25 years recently.

Of recent MFUND is the best with circa 24% returns on treasury bill and bearing in mind our currency (Ghana Cedi) has been fairly stable at circa 3.85 per USD quite unlike your unstable NIGERIAN NAIRA.

EPACK has been underperforming and this is obvious, poor returns from African stock markets in the past year or so.

For now in Ghana there is no good rival to Databank except ponzi schemes (of course ).

For 2016 EPACK and invariably Ghana and African stocks are not very promising. For example 2016 precisely Nov is election year here in Ghana. August 2017 is election year in Kenya.
The return from these countries will not be very promising.

But databank in their website has warned that investors in EPACK should look at long term Horizon (5 years) while MFUND (Money market) is for short term (3 to 12 months) and BFUND for medium term (3 to 4 years).
maka
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 09, 2016 12:29:12 PM

mwekez@ji wrote:

It was a very smart move...
possunt quia posse videntur
Realcement
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 09, 2016 3:01:00 PM

DATABANK GHANA 2015 ANNUAL REPORT

http://www.databankgroup...&id=1&Itemid=98

Realcement
#9 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 10:28:23 AM

Realcement wrote:
young wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:

I joined them in 2006.

@Young the Nigerian Chief

The chaps www.databankgroup.com
are extremely good. They celebrated 25 years recently.

Of recent MFUND is the best with circa 24% returns on treasury bill and bearing in mind our currency (Ghana Cedi) has been fairly stable at circa 3.85 per USD quite unlike your unstable NIGERIAN NAIRA.

EPACK has been underperforming and this is obvious, poor returns from African stock markets in the past year or so.

For now in Ghana there is no good rival to Databank except ponzi schemes (of course ).

For 2016 EPACK and invariably Ghana and African stocks are not very promising. For example 2016 precisely Nov is election year here in Ghana. August 2017 is election year in Kenya.
The return from these countries will not be very promising.

But databank in their website has warned that investors in EPACK should look at long term Horizon (5 years) while MFUND (Money market) is for short term (3 to 12 months) and BFUND for medium term (3 to 4 years).