wazua Fri, May 17, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Hello Equitel
Tall Order
#21 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2014 5:01:43 AM

They would have targeted mobile money and data bundles business, the public still feel rates are higher for transfers and data. Would have been 2 good entry points, their call rates wouldn't make anyone jump ship unless you are an employee forced to do it.
muganda
#22 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2014 9:59:09 AM

Easily the most comprehensive write up by a user of Equitel. It seems they'd like to make your phone a dual-sim, but apart from Mobile Money (where they have true latitude), a user with an Airtel line would just continue with his sim...

http://connect.complit.co.ke/20...tml#sthash.sH6acCwA.dpuf

Mobile Banking
This is where the rubber finally hits the road.
Equitel mobile money charges are as follows:
•Check Balance - Ksh 0
•Deposit - Ksh 0
•Send Money to your own account - Ksh 0
•Send money to other Equity accounts - 1% of the transaction value with a maximum of Ksh 25
•Send money to non-registered phone number (cash by code) - 1% of the transaction value with a maximum of Ksh 25
•Pay bill - 1% of the transaction value with a maximum of Ksh 25
•Send money to other banks - 1% of the transaction value with a maximum of Ksh 25, plus Ksh 10 termination fee
•Send money to other mobile money account (MPESA, Airtel Money etc) - 1% of the transaction value with a maximum of Ksh 25, plus Ksh 10 termination fee
•Eazzy Loan - 2% per month interest rate of the amount advanced
•Withdraw money from agent, ATM, branch - as per existing fee, depending on transaction and channel used.
bkismat
#23 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2014 10:38:17 AM

muganda wrote:
Easily the most comprehensive write up by a user of Equitel. It seems they'd like to make your phone a dual-sim, but apart from Mobile Money (where they have true latitude), a user with an Airtel line would just continue with his sim...

http://connect.complit.co.ke/20...tml#sthash.sH6acCwA.dpuf

Mobile Banking
•Check Balance - Ksh 0
•Deposit - Ksh 0
•Send money to other Equity accounts - 1% of the transaction value with a maximum of Ksh 25
•Send money to non-registered phone number (cash by code) - 1% of the transaction value with a maximum of Ksh 25
•Send money to other banks - 1% of the transaction value with a maximum of Ksh 25, plus Ksh 10 termination fee
•Send money to other mobile money account (MPESA, Airtel Money etc) - 1% of the transaction value with a maximum of Ksh 25, plus Ksh 10 termination fee
Withdraw money from agent, ATM, branch - as per existing fee, depending on transaction and channel used.

What does this mean? It should come out very clearly because that is where the biggest fight is.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
muganda
#24 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2014 12:37:04 PM

bkismat wrote:
muganda wrote:
Withdraw money from agent, ATM, branch - as per existing fee, depending on transaction and channel used.

What does this mean? It should come out very clearly because that is where the biggest fight is.

I think what they mean is if you choose to use an Equity Agent, Equity ATM, or Equity Branch, they treat a withdrawal as if you're directly removing money from your bank account. So nothing changes.

XSK
#25 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2014 12:53:07 PM

muganda wrote:
bkismat wrote:
muganda wrote:
Mobile Banking
•Check Balance - Ksh 0
•Deposit - Ksh 0
•Withdraw money from agent, ATM, branch - as per existing fee, depending on transaction and channel used.Withdraw money from agent, ATM, branch - as per existing fee, depending on transaction and channel used.

I think what they mean is if you choose to use an Equity Agent, Equity ATM, or Equity Branch, they treat a withdrawal as if you're directly removing money from your bank account. So nothing changes.

I think MPESA has a really good reason to worry!
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!
McReggae
#26 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2014 1:12:00 PM

Rankaz13 wrote:
jerry wrote:
Who are the other two MVNOs and what'd their intention(s)?

Tangaza Pesa and KQ, I believe.

tangaza and I think zioncell or something like that, KQ's application is still pending!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
bkismat
#27 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2014 2:04:10 PM

muganda wrote:
bkismat wrote:
muganda wrote:

Communication gap. They are assuming everybody is aware of this. Some of the guys who are very interested are not members and do not know.From those who are aware what are the charges from the different transaction channels. Checked the Equitel website and I can see it is still 'under construction'.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
mkeiy
#28 Posted : Saturday, October 04, 2014 1:19:34 PM

bkismat wrote:
muganda wrote:
bkismat wrote:
muganda wrote:

Communication gap. They are assuming everybody is aware of this. Some of the guys who are very interested are not members and do not know.From those who are aware what are the charges from the different transaction channels. Checked the Equitel website and I can see it is still 'under construction'.

@bkismat, I think the part in red is clear enough. What is the gap?

The biggest fight is not about withdrawing from agents, ATMs or Branches, it is the crazy transfer/withdrawal/payment services fees charged by Mpesa.

I moved in on Thursday and i'm loving it. Wish more guys join in soonest for maximum "muenjoyo".
jerry
#29 Posted : Saturday, October 04, 2014 1:52:45 PM

mkeiy wrote:
bkismat wrote:
muganda wrote:
bkismat wrote:
muganda wrote:

The biggest fight is not about withdrawing from agents, ATMs or Branches, it is the crazy transfer/withdrawal/payment services fees charged by Mpesa.

I moved in on Thursday and i'm loving it. Wish more guys join in soonest for maximum "muenjoyo".

What exactly are you loving/enjoying? Are you on thin or mini SIM?
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
kenmac
#30 Posted : Sunday, October 05, 2014 5:17:39 PM

The biggest advantage of this Equitel thing is calling within East Africa. Charges 4 bob per minute as of now and has saved me quite much considering Safarricom as an alternative with its roaming charges and calls at 25 bob per minute.
......Ecclesiastes
newfarer
#31 Posted : Sunday, October 05, 2014 7:11:58 PM

I have an orange line and I make most of my long calls for free from 10am to 5pm including calls to landlines.after subscribing bunda 100 at shs 100. per month.

after that orange to orange is 2Bob pmin

orange to ther networks is 3 bob per min all the time.

have had this line since. 2010 and seems Im not losing it soon.

Kenyans are peculiar indeed.

punda amecheka
mkeiy
#32 Posted : Wednesday, October 08, 2014 10:42:55 AM

jerry wrote:
mkeiy wrote:
bkismat wrote:
muganda wrote:
bkismat wrote:
muganda wrote:

What exactly are you loving/enjoying? Are you on thin or mini SIM?

I'm enjoying money transfers and the fact that calls cost same as Safcom. I'm on normal SIM.
kenmac
#33 Posted : Wednesday, October 08, 2014 6:51:03 PM

newfarer wrote:
I have an orange line and I make most of my long calls for free from 10am to 5pm including calls to landlines.after subscribing bunda 100 at shs 100. per month.

after that orange to orange is 2Bob pmin

orange to ther networks is 3 bob per min all the time.

have had this line since. 2010 and seems Im not losing it soon.

Kenyans are peculiar indeed.

......Ecclesiastes
madollar
#34 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 1:01:31 PM

They should seriously consider outsourcing sim card registration otherwise the crowds forming at those registration counters could be big turn off to many
Also an incentive would suffice like free airtime valid for a given duration what am seeing once you get the sim you may never use it until need arises like mobile money
Gordon Gekko
#35 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 1:21:54 PM

madollar wrote:
They should seriously consider outsourcing sim card registration otherwise the crowds forming at those registration counters could be big turn off to many
Also an incentive would suffice like free airtime valid for a given duration what am seeing once you get the sim you may never use it until need arises like mobile money

If I'm not wrong, to get an equitel line presupposes that you have an equity account. So why do you have to register while your bank details are available and will suffice? I know its possible because when registration of sims started I was exempted from registering my safcom line as I was already an Mpesa customer.
kayhara
#36 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2016 10:52:48 PM

Equity and equitel are very fishy they don't let you know all charges eg they have not communicated about transfer to mpesa increase, even withdrawal charges not available on their site, most agents don't display that charge chart, what is the withdrawal rate at equity atm?
And also for equity customers did they tell you they charge 500/- annual fees on your atm card?
To Each His Own