4 Pages«<234
Centonomy Personal Financial Management Course
bird_man
#61 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2015 12:26:23 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
Museveni wrote:
Feb 20th
bird_man wrote:
I attended yesterday, was my 2nd session.
Being an old time Wazua member I was familiar with most of what they have taught for the last 2 days. We all seem to know what to do to make money or save.....problem is TECHNIQUE.
They teach you simple/everyday ways in which you can save and use the saved amount to invest in compounding revenue streams.Most of us even in Wazua are waiting for that day when you will get 500K or 1M or 2M to invest in your dream project.

Anyway, I will update as I get closer to week 11. I also noticed that 80% of my class are ladies/women, I am not sure why.

Today is May 20th Week 15

Uli-repeat smile, Uliacha ama bado updates zaja ?

80% of class were ladies....

Haha been busy sorry.Having completed,I'd say the course does not offer anything new if you are a serious member of Wazua who follows every post.
However,the personal finance classes were awesome.We all know we should save...they show you how!Thats the unit I mostly benefited from.Of course I made a few business contacts and also became friends with one of the ladies.

For 33k....lets just say Ive spent 33k in other useless ways.Give it a try.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
Museveni
#62 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2015 9:05:52 AM

bird_man wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Museveni wrote:
Feb 20th
bird_man wrote:
Being an old time Wazua member I was familiar with most of what they have taught for the last 2 days. We all seem to know what to do to make money or save.....problem is TECHNIQUE.
They teach you simple/everyday ways in which you can save and use the saved amount to invest in compounding revenue streams.Most of us even in Wazua are waiting for that day when you will get 500K or 1M or 2M to invest in your dream project.

Anyway, I will update as I get closer to week 11. I also noticed that 80% of my class are ladies/women, I am not sure why.

Haha been busy sorry.Having completed,I'd say the course does not offer anything new if you are a serious member of Wazua who follows every post.
However,the personal finance classes were awesome.We all know we should save...they show you how!Thats the unit I mostly benefited from.Of course I made a few business contacts and also became friends with one of the ladies.

Thanks & congrats looking foward to posts on little bird_men smile
Live and learn; and don’t forget, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Shak
#63 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2016 11:17:03 AM

Museveni wrote:
bird_man wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Museveni wrote:
Feb 20th
bird_man wrote:

Thanks & congrats looking foward to posts on little bird_men smile

I plan to sign up for the June classes. Reading Robert Kiyosaki's books has inspired me to think more about money and how to make it work for me. I look forward especially to the classes on taxes. I will also post feedback on my experience
Chaka
#64 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2016 1:56:14 PM

Shak wrote:

I plan to sign up for the June classes. Reading Robert Kiyosaki's books has inspired me to think more about money and how to make it work for me. I look forward especially to the classes on taxes. I will also post feedback on my experience

Hope you are aware that 'Rich Dad,Poor Dad' is a work of fiction.Its a good read though..
Swenani
#65 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2016 4:04:55 PM

Chaka wrote:
Shak wrote:

Hope you are aware that 'Rich Dad,Poor Dad' is a work of fiction.Its a good read though..

I'll soon write a book titled " Wealthy dad, broke Dad"
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Shak
#66 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2016 4:09:24 PM

Swenani wrote:
Chaka wrote:
Shak wrote:

You are right. The so-called rich dad does not exist. However that does not take away from the lessons learnt from the book
sitaki.kujulikana
#67 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2016 4:17:44 PM

Shak wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Chaka wrote:
Shak wrote:

You are right. The so-called rich dad does not exist. However that does not take away from the lessons learnt from the book

kwani how rich can one get from taxes
streetwise
#68 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2016 4:20:32 PM

Very rich..check around in Kenya at see who is rich and ask them how they deal with tax and the tax man ( Did you note Wamalwa's car owes the taxh man Ksh. 6.5M)
Othelo
#69 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2016 4:24:00 PM

streetwise wrote:
Very rich..check around in Kenya at see who is rich and ask them how they deal with tax and the tax man ( Did you note Wamalwa's car owes the tax man Ksh. 6.5M)

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
Swenani
#70 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2016 5:25:53 PM

Shak wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Chaka wrote:
Shak wrote:

Rich and broke status are temporarily while wealthy and poor status is permanent
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
nashx
#71 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2022 2:30:39 PM

Not 1, not 2 but 10 ready and free personal finance lessons for Kenyans! Read, Learn, #PayitForward

https://nashthuo.com/personal-finance-kenya/
Offering my personal finance knowledge for free
doubletap
#72 Posted : Wednesday, July 06, 2022 9:25:49 AM

[quote=nashx]Not 1, not 2 but 10 ready and free personal finance lessons for Kenyans! Read, Learn, #PayitForward

https://nashthuo.com/personal-finance-kenya/[/quote]

Very good initiative easy to understand lessons and follow along. Always something new to learn, spreading the word. #payitforward Applause
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else - Albert Einstein
tony stark
#73 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2022 3:53:20 PM

[quote=nashx]Not 1, not 2 but 10 ready and free personal finance lessons for Kenyans! Read, Learn, #PayitForward

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Very good summary. Your use of MMF as saving is very interesting. I can say I learnt one new thing today.

Follow this link to see your lessons learnt from your historical posting on Wazua. You started as a hot shot commenting on the "cartoons" looking at hot picks, moving on to you runing the best money market fund to being a finance influencer on Wazua.

Bravo Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

http://wazua.co.ke/forum.aspx?g=search&postedby=nashx#1|50 ...Enjoy
nashx
#74 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2022 6:08:20 AM

Use this to quickly find out when your investments will double in value.

https://nashthuo.com/rule-of-72/

Also, get a BONUS formula to calculate when your investment will TRIPLE in value!

Read. Learn. Share
nashx
#75 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2022 10:09:43 PM

Wow!! This really takes me down memory lanesmile smile

Kweli nimetoka mbali. Hoping nitatoa wengine mbali pia

Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel

tony stark wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Very good summary. Your use of MMF as saving is very interesting. I can say I learnt one new thing today.

Follow this link to see your lessons learnt from your historical posting on Wazua. You started as a hot shot commenting on the "cartoons" looking at hot picks, moving on to you runing the best money market fund to being a finance influencer on Wazua.

Bravo Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

http://wazua.co.ke/forum.aspx?g=search&postedby=nashx#1|50 ...Enjoy

kiterunner
#76 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2023 9:07:39 AM

grolut wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Wa-home wrote:
Dear Wazuans,

Has anyone attended the Personal Financial Management Course offered by Centonomy?
I bumped into some recorded video testimonies of some guys who had attended the course.
The total cost for the 11 weeks course is Kes 33,750 (inclusive of 16% Vat) for the 11 modules plus a registration and booking fee of Kes 1,500.
If you have attended the course , kindly advice if one gets value for money.Your insights will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Wa-home

I have but mine was a 3 days crush programme.

The course is good in my view.It opens up your eyes and some reality dawns on you.

My take away from the course.

1.Start saving from you first day in employment or business-Discipline

2.There are expenses we can do away with...eg.lunch (carry your lunch and save the 200/=.That is 72k in a year enough to buy a plot at Kamulu which will appreciate to 200k in the next year and 400k in another year.That is wealth creation-Planning and discipline

3.Motor vehicles are a cost and they help you cruiz to poverty.(Forget the status and convinience. The costs are too high and when things are thick nobody even remembers that status and reputation you were trying to keep).This is not to say dont buy a car but give a deep thought to what you are buying.A vitz Vs a Blue Subru Outback. (Think initial purchase cost,insurance,fuel,service and resale)-Planning

4.Ladies...your hair costs are enough to take you through a degree programme at THE parallel programme. Wachana na hizo weaves.-Discipline

5.Invest whatever extra coin you have it will help you in future.-Discipline

6.Plan for your expenses.-Planning

7.Impulse buying will ruin you, for you more often than not buy things you dont need.What is called stuff.-Planning and discipline

And many more-Buy Konyagi instead of Jameson,pay for sex instead of marriage, adopt kids instead of marriage, eat roasted maize and arrow roots instead of roasted ribs,socialize with real people instead of virtual people and save on bundles, eat boiled eggs instead of boiled meat

That was 3 years ago and I can say I am a better financial manager.

If you do not know how to plan, you are planning for poverty,if you aren't disciplined with your finances you will be disciplined in poverty

Laughing out loudly

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
our goals are best achieved indirectly