wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Replacing a Zuku router: which one should I buy?
KulaRaha
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2016 8:01:01 AM

Have been complaining for 3 months to Zuku to come replace a router that keeps dropping connection, they keep telling me they're observing observing observing!

I've decided to just buy a router and do it myself.

Any suggestions which one I should get? Would like one which has a good reach...have upstairs & downstairs to cover via wifi.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Speculz
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2016 8:26:33 AM

Is yours a triple play setup ? Perhaps the fault is not in the router itself but Zuku ( unless by dropping connection you mean your internal WI-FI )
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Stephen Wright
KulaRaha
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2016 8:31:52 AM

Its triple play, Zuku claim its a device issue. Ever since the alleged speed upgrade I have struggled to have a connection that is stable for more than 1 hour. I've even cancelled my Netflix as it is impossible to stream due to buffering. Its a nightmare, but they're still observing observing observing!
Speculz
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2016 8:55:23 AM

If its triple play on satellite, then your choices are pretty much limited , if its triple play on fiber then most routers would do. For your downstairs and upstairs just get an extender to extend your range ( or install an access point upstairs)
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2016 9:02:04 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
Its triple play, Zuku claim its a device issue. Ever since the alleged speed upgrade I have struggled to have a connection that is stable for more than 1 hour. I've even cancelled my Netflix as it is impossible to stream due to buffering. Its a nightmare, but they're still observing observing observing!

if its tripple play the one with tv also then you cannot change your router.if it was internet only then you can
Obi 1 Kanobi
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2016 9:27:16 AM

Struggling with the same problem with Zuku. An absolute nightmare, considering returning to DSTV
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
KulaRaha
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2016 10:36:36 AM

Thinking of downgrading triple play to tv only and getting JTL for internet.
holycow
#8 Posted : Sunday, May 08, 2016 10:16:06 AM

I'm in the same boat. Been told getting a replacement router not easy, the way out seems to cancel subscription, wait for some time, apply for the 4Mbps package. They were quick to replace TV decoder but they are taking forever to replace router.
I believe you can get a router that allows cloning of MAC address because your account is linked to the MAC address. I stand to be "collected".
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#9 Posted : Sunday, May 08, 2016 10:55:59 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
Thinking of downgrading triple play to tv only and getting JTL for internet.

even with competition so close they are still providing poor services.zuku must be in a league of their own
KulaRaha
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 8:13:32 AM

Anyone with JTL experience?
Speculz
#11 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 9:01:54 AM

JTL is okay for uptime, but they too sometimes have poor service.
KulaRaha
#12 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 9:13:52 AM

Speculz wrote:

Is the 5mbps speed fast enough for streaming?
Speculz
#13 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 9:17:40 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
Speculz wrote:

It should be , but as always with this connections, the sharing ratio is what determines how good the connection is.
Sober
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 9:35:50 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
Speculz wrote:

Used to have 10Mbps very good at streaming but when they increased the speeds to 15mbps and forced us to 'upgrade' i reversed to 1mbps Triple play and I am still able to stream my matches. It depends on the location because it is shared
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
kayhara
#15 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 9:58:06 AM

Speculz wrote:
If its triple play on satellite, then your choices are pretty much limited , if its triple play on fiber then most routers would do. For your downstairs and upstairs just get an extender to extend your range ( or install an access point upstairs)

Does ZUKU have triple play on satellite?
Zuku has had very bad service and most guys using it as it is maybe the only fiber service in their locations as soon as others come eg faiba, liquid or saf most migrate
To Each His Own
KulaRaha
#16 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 11:03:01 AM

Sober wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Speculz wrote:

Used to have 10Mbps very good at streaming but when they increased the speeds to 15mbps and forced us to 'upgrade' i reversed to 1mbps Triple play and I am still able to stream my matches. It depends on the location because it is shared

How much is 1mbps?
Sober
#17 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 10:21:34 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
Sober wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Speculz wrote:

How much is 1mbps?

1,200 if not triple play, hence comes as internet only. I saw this package in eastlands a while ago.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
MaichBlack
#18 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 7:08:19 AM

Sober wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Sober wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
Speculz wrote:

How much is 1mbps?

1,200 if not triple play, hence comes as internet only. I saw this package in eastlands a while ago.

I think it is only available in Eastlands (specifically in Umoja and it's environs). Word is they refused for the Tv + Calls + Internet combo because they have their "home grown" solution for tv (story for another day).

Anyone who knows any other area with Internet only (Zuku)??
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Demixl
#19 Posted : Tuesday, July 09, 2019 11:29:27 AM

Hey Zuku is not treating his customers as it should be. I had the same problem with them, now I am fine, recently bought a new router www.router-reset.com and it work very well, no need for Zuku service anymore. In the instruction of the router installation there is a QR code that is moving you to a site which helps you to install in 3 different ways the modem. Now if I have a problem I can fix it by myself without calling anyone, and sometimes asking on forum for help. But I am doing everything by myself thank to that QR code.