Cytonn Investments
alma1
#181 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 12:14:57 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
alma1 wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ash Ock wrote:
Horton wrote:
projects are flowing, money is being made for the sophisticated investors and u guys are still crying wolf?! Greedy when fearful and fearful when greedy is what comes to mind here. To profit, a sophisticated investor does not follow mob mentality as money isnt where the crowd is! We talk in a year regarding this....remember, you heard it first from me. This discussion is on hold from hereon end. I will just update you when I am invited for launch smile

That's the exact same thing I heard from people walking to DECI and Viportal while singing "Kumbaya" yet they could not answer simple questions such as @murchr's.

Maybe they don't follow the laws of economics.

Some of these real estate guys come with a lot of steam, then projects take forever to complete.

Speaking from experience... bought a plot with FEP at Lukenya, 2 years down the line no title, bought a unit offplan with Suraya, 3 years down the line still not complete. Btw these two are more established than Cytonn.

Jury is still out on Cytonn.

There is a wise man who once told me, when you hear what is a simple investment being described with adjectives like "sophisticated" investor, run.

There is nothing "sophisticated" with investing in land. You buy a property in an area you think shall develop, develop the land, then sell it at a profit.

I'll go back to what I was asking before...How unsophisticated were the investors in Buffolo Hills, That golf think in Longonot, that golf thing in Thika or even Tatu City. Tatu kwanza has some pretty "sophisticated" lawyers and "industrialists"

Cynton, please explain simply. Since none of your projects has even started, let alone been sold out, exactly where are you getting the returns of 20+ to give this "sophisticated" non-investor?

Land prices are tumbling all over, property firms are even selling greenhouses with a roof, but somehow.....somehow...somehow or is it the wall street experience.

If you go to Cytonn offices and asked this questions, they would answer you very sensibly, I dare you to try and give feedback here.

Just try it and tell me if I am right.

No need for crying Ponzi Scheme etc.

My only fear for them is that they are entering the property market late in the game, the market is already skeptical about the players, but me thinks they will still succeed.

Obi why should I try and then give feedback here?

They are already here.

They may as well give the feedback.

Don't start giving them the excuse that they entered late in the property market. Even in down markets, good projects get sold.

So advise them to leave their feedback here. There office is too far from where I am.

Or is bad publicity great publicity?

Lastly I never called them a ponzi. Read my posts. But since you brought it up, why don't you think they are a ponzi?
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

enyands
#182 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 5:42:23 PM

alma1 wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
alma1 wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ash Ock wrote:
Horton wrote:
projects are flowing, money is being made for the sophisticated investors and u guys are still crying wolf?! Greedy when fearful and fearful when greedy is what comes to mind here. To profit, a sophisticated investor does not follow mob mentality as money isnt where the crowd is! We talk in a year regarding this....remember, you heard it first from me. This discussion is on hold from hereon end. I will just update you when I am invited for launch smile

That's the exact same thing I heard from people walking to DECI and Viportal while singing "Kumbaya" yet they could not answer simple questions such as @murchr's.

Maybe they don't follow the laws of economics.

Some of these real estate guys come with a lot of steam, then projects take forever to complete.

Speaking from experience... bought a plot with FEP at Lukenya, 2 years down the line no title, bought a unit offplan with Suraya, 3 years down the line still not complete. Btw these two are more established than Cytonn.

Jury is still out on Cytonn.

There is a wise man who once told me, when you hear what is a simple investment being described with adjectives like "sophisticated" investor, run.

There is nothing "sophisticated" with investing in land. You buy a property in an area you think shall develop, develop the land, then sell it at a profit.

I'll go back to what I was asking before...How unsophisticated were the investors in Buffolo Hills, That golf think in Longonot, that golf thing in Thika or even Tatu City. Tatu kwanza has some pretty "sophisticated" lawyers and "industrialists"

Cynton, please explain simply. Since none of your projects has even started, let alone been sold out, exactly where are you getting the returns of 20+ to give this "sophisticated" non-investor?

Land prices are tumbling all over, property firms are even selling greenhouses with a roof, but somehow.....somehow...somehow or is it the wall street experience.

If you go to Cytonn offices and asked this questions, they would answer you very sensibly, I dare you to try and give feedback here.

Just try it and tell me if I am right.

No need for crying Ponzi Scheme etc.

My only fear for them is that they are entering the property market late in the game, the market is already skeptical about the players, but me thinks they will still succeed.

Obi why should I try and then give feedback here?

They are already here.

They may as well give the feedback.

Don't start giving them the excuse that they entered late in the property market. Even in down markets, good projects get sold.

So advise them to leave their feedback here. There office is too far from where I am.

Or is bad publicity great publicity?

Lastly I never called them a ponzi. Read my posts. But since you brought it up, why don't you think they are a ponzi?

You mean all this time there has never been any buying and selling of properties. So how is money generated ?

Cytonn-should come clean and show how their money is made if they have to win people's hearts and confidence . Just put all this is silence by showing how you generate income .

For now I'll hold on to my precious chips. Was about to move it to the table but I'll do "stand and wait" approach
Ash Ock
#183 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2016 10:03:25 PM

enyands wrote:
You mean all this time there has never been any buying and selling of properties. So how is money generated ?

Cytonn-should come clean and show how their money is made if they have to win people's hearts and confidence . Just put all this is silence by showing how you generate income .

For now I'll hold on to my precious chips. Was about to move it to the table but I'll do "stand and wait" approach

Cytonn is going to be around for awhile, just like Madoff.

Their returns aren't the ridiculous 60% monthly of Viportal et al so they've still got a couple of more years left.

I'm in already. smile
Sent from my Black Nokia 3310
paulkimani
#184 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 8:53:12 AM

Knowing their circles and investors. It will be bad to screw them. I just don't think they are running a pyramid scheme here. probably a marketing thing until they capture a good number of clientele [/quote]

"it will be bad to screw them" ?? "their circles and investors" ? you're hinting they have power and influence - the way i have seen, all they have is the media and voicing opinions about how there figures do not add up isn't in any way screwing them.
newfarer
#185 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 7:39:39 PM

paulkimani wrote:

Knowing their circles and investors. It will be bad to screw them. I just don't think they are running a pyramid scheme here. probably a marketing thing until they capture a good number of clientele

"it will be bad to screw them" ?? "their circles and investors" ? you're hinting they have power and influence - the way i have seen, all they have is the media and voicing opinions about how there figures do not add up isn't in any way screwing them.[/quote]

If they did it to Britam, who do you think they can't
punda amecheka
newfarer
#186 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 7:45:56 PM

paulkimani wrote:

Knowing their circles and investors. It will be bad to screw them. I just don't think they are running a pyramid scheme here. probably a marketing thing until they capture a good number of clientele

"it will be bad to screw them" ?? "their circles and investors" ? you're hinting they have power and influence - the way i have seen, all they have is the media and voicing opinions about how there figures do not add up isn't in any way screwing them.[/quote]

If they did it to Britam, who do you think they can't
www.capitalfm.co.ke/busi...tam-acorn-case-extended/
punda amecheka
paulkimani
#187 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2016 8:54:45 AM

poundfoolish wrote:
newfarer wrote:
Watching, moto wa kuotea bali. Their Media love.. Chema chajiuza

enyands wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
This is a young company being run by brilliant young minds, give them time.

Ambitious young smart brilliant and promising to go places with big numbers. Google Alfred Wangai Mundia.

β€œThe case was to start last year, but we had instances where files disappeared and others where Mr Wangai refused to accept summons or claimed he wasn’t served,” says Mr Siahi.

Welcome to kenya guys . This is what they do after stealing your money and they capitalize on weakness of the judiciary. CJ himself was up in the arms over the same organisation he heads because of kateros *cartels. We should be expecting more of these ponzi schemes .they know how to go round the systems

To clarify I was quoting poundfoolish - I don't think they have power or influence enough to scare. All I think is they are marketing to seem bigger than they think, they are running a scheme - ponzi or not, they are elevating their figures and preying on innocent Kenyans with promises that are impossible to keep. They don't have power, what they use is media influence and photo opportunities in order to seem much bigger than they are.
paulkimani
#188 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2016 8:57:12 AM

newfarer - britam and acorn settled. acorn handed back the irregularly transferred land and money which shows that it was TRANSFERRED IRREGULARLY - acorn themselves admitted it hence transferring it BACK to britam its rightful owner. All the cytonn guys did was try to take from britam and it did not work. Britam is also still pursuing criminal charges against them. they didn't screw britam - they tried but they failed.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#189 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2016 11:16:16 AM

paulkimani wrote:
newfarer - britam and acorn settled. acorn handed back the irregularly transferred land and money which shows that it was TRANSFERRED IRREGULARLY - acorn themselves admitted it hence transferring it BACK to britam its rightful owner. All the cytonn guys did was try to take from britam and it did not work. Britam is also still pursuing criminal charges against them. they didn't screw britam - they tried but they failed.

@PaulKimani, this topic always brings you out of the woodwork.

Fact, the money was transferred to Acorn (infact the money was held in SPV's for the purposes of development by Acorn) when the Cytonn 4 were working for BAAM, when they parted ways, Acorn opted to move with Cytonn, the issue became a major legal dispute, contracts could not be seen through and Acorn refunded the money to BAAM.

I don't see fraud anywhere here. Thats why Cytonn have moved on and created a vibrant business.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
paulkimani
#190 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2016 12:00:30 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
paulkimani wrote:

Fact, the money was transferred to Acorn (infact the money was held in SPV's for the purposes of development by Acorn) when the Cytonn 4 were working for BAAM, when they parted ways, Acorn opted to move with Cytonn, the issue became a major legal dispute, contracts could not be seen through and Acorn refunded the money to BAAM.

I don't see fraud anywhere here. Thats why Cytonn have moved on and created a vibrant business.

Transferred without the consent of Britam's directors. That is undeniable fraud. :)
Obi 1 Kanobi
#191 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2016 1:09:23 PM

paulkimani wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
paulkimani wrote:

Transferred without the consent of Britam's directors. That is undeniable fraud. :)

You obviously don't understand how companies/organisations work.

Funds transfers are only made by people authourised to do so. Banks require authority from the boards approving signatories who can transact on behalf of the company.

Such authourity include limits allocated to specific signatories.

So my friend, the question is simple, were the transfers made based on approved bank instructions?

If not, then Britam can likewise take issue with the bank that transferred the funds.

I repeat, I don't see fraud, please explain how fraud occured, transfer could only be made in the normal cause of business.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
paulkimani
#192 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2016 1:49:34 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
paulkimani wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
paulkimani wrote:

Funds transfers are only made by people authourised to do so. Banks require authority from the boards approving signatories who can transact on behalf of the company.

So my friend, the question is simple, were the transfers made based on approved bank instructions?

If not, then Britam can likewise take issue with the bank that transferred the funds.

I repeat, I don't see fraud, please explain how fraud occured, transfer could only be made in the normal cause of business.

You obviously don't understand how Kenya works and how business is conducted with poor standards.
The Courts found that Britam had a case and hence allowed the civil case to go on until Acorn gave in and settled with Britam. If the Courts decided there was prima facie a case then that should be good enough for you. Also Acorn admitted that the funds and land was infact irregularly transferred when they settled. They gave their own admission. It's not speculation when they have admitted it.
poundfoolish
#193 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2016 3:30:49 PM

paulkimani wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
paulkimani wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
paulkimani wrote:

You obviously don't understand how Kenya works and how business is conducted with poor standards.
The Courts found that Britam had a case and hence allowed the civil case to go on until Acorn gave in and settled with Britam. If the Courts decided there was prima facie a case then that should be good enough for you. Also Acorn admitted that the funds and land was infact irregularly transferred when they settled. They gave their own admission. It's not speculation when they have admitted it.

I thought Britam lawyer adviced his client to sort this thing out of court? and that is how things were settled.

And just what company allows employees to move almost 4Billion without the board scrutiny? Then it is a failure on the overseers (board)

Paul... you are twisting some facts

As to my earlier comment.
I did not mean Cytonn have powerful connections. No they don't have that.
I meant they would have no place to run if they screwed their investors. Unless they go to Siberia after that.
Horton
#194 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2016 8:03:43 AM

@obi agreed this guy @paulkimani comes out of no where (hehe read out of the woodwork πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚) when this topic is being debated, he doesnt participate in any other topics being debated. Which brings me to the question, why all the zeal???His "facts" are also quite questionable, they are twisted to serve his agenda....i have asked time and time again on this forum why people would call this a ponzi yet they have no dealings, proof or even something that looks dodgy.

@paulkimani....acorn by their own admission? Really????? Kindly provide a link clearly stating that acorn admitted liability of irregular transfer of funds? Here is the article for your ease of referrence http://www.nation.co.ke/.../-/bhy94gz/-/index.html

As for the case against the 4, i havent heard of any case that britam has filed against the 4 as you/britam has alleged they will ....maybe they were advised that they dont have a case? 😐

As Obi says the cash was in an SPV do u even understand what an SPV is? U wanna read up on how they work?

@poundfollish...twisting some of your facts?!?! Dont u mean he is twisting ALL of ur facts.... πŸ˜‚

@enyands says he remains sceptical and constantly bashes these hard working men and women yet http://wazua.co.ke/forum...sts&t=30539&p=2 refer to post 36, he is tripping all over himself to try and buy shares in chase bank. Funny u should claim to be able to smell a "ponzi" as you insinuate yet, u were litterally begging for someone to get u into chase bank private placement. Some of us saw this a mile away

@muchr the have sold 40% of Alma, sold lots of CMS which by the way, i was told recently that the rates will be going down to 10-12% due to prevailing market, the have a technology company, they own a majority stake in a nse agent, they have only 2 houses remaining for sale at amara (where each house is 100m) btw alma and amara have broken ground a while back. I stand to be corrected on this one, but i was also told the have shares in an education transfer company. I understand there is another copy paste project of alma coming up soon in a swanky part of town. They have achieved alot in 1 year but as obi said, maybe they have come into the real estate play a tad bit late. But, i am just a happy customer, they would probably have answered ur questions better.

@Ash Ock please go and read up on madoff first before making comparisons, i had put the link of a book here a while back. The differences are quite stark. Btw Dry associates are also offering similar returns for a long time and that too from similar investments (namumatt/arm CP), so its nothing new in the market. Just that Cytonn does better marketing. The 18% returns they paid taleri btw was a combination of interest and taaleris stake of share sale in the project, not entirely "interest" as you insinuated...if u really wanted the answers to this, perhaps it would be good if u asked them the pertinent questions directly instead of wazua?

Cytonn shares will be trading on OTC by the end of this month. They are currently trading at 60bob. With the majority shares being closely guarded by the top 4. I can sell u some of mine when they hit 100bob, i keep the rest for retirement. I bought mine at 10/- πŸ€“
enyands
#195 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2016 8:21:44 AM

Horton wrote:
@obi agreed this guy @paulkimani comes out of no where when this topic is being debated, he doesnt participate in any other topics. His "facts" are also quite questionable, they are twisted to serve his agenda....i have asked time and time again on this forum why people would call this a ponzi yet they have no dealings, proof or even something that looks dodgy.

@paulkimani....acorn by their own admission? Really????? Kindly provide a link clearly stating that acorn admitted liability of irregular transfer of funds? Here is the article for your ease of referrence http://www.nation.co.ke/.../-/bhy94gz/-/index.html

As for the case against the 4, i havent heard of any case that britam has filed against the 4 as you/britam has alleged they will ....maybe they were advised that they dont have a case? 😐

@enyands says he remains sceptical and constantly bashes these hard working men and women yet http://wazua.co.ke/forum...sts&t=30539&p=2 refer to post 36, he is tripping all over himself to try and buy shares in chase bank. Funny u should claim to be able to smell a "ponzi" as you insinuate yet, u were litterally begging for someone to get u into chase bank private placement. Some of us saw this a mile away

@muchr the have sold 40% of Alma, sold lots of CMS which by the way, i was told recently that the rates will be going down to 10-12% due to prevailing market, the have a technology company, they own a majority stake in a nse agent, they have only 2 houses remaining for sale at amara (where each house is 100m) btw alma and amara have broken ground a while back. I stand to be corrected on this one, but i was also told the have shares in an education transfer company. I understand there is another copy paste project of alma coming up soon in a swanky part of town. They have achieved alot in 1 year but as obi said, maybe they have come into the real estate play a tad bit late.

@Ash Ock please go and read up on madoff first before making comparisons, i had put the link of a book here a while back. The differences are quite stark. Btw Dry associates are also offering similar returns for a long time and that too from similar investments (namumatt/arm CP), so its nothing new in the market. Just that Cytonn does better marketing. The 18% returns they paid taleri btw was a combination of interest and taaleris stake of share sale in the project, not entirely "interest" as you insinuated...if u really wanted the answers to this, perhaps it would be good if u asked them the pertinent questions directly instead of wazua?

Their shares will be trading on OTC by the end of this month. They are currently trading at 60bob. With the majority shares being closely guarded by the top 4. I can sell u some of mine when they hit 100bob, i keep the rest for retirement. I bought mine at 10/- πŸ€“

@horton I'm glad you took time to dig more about our past comments. I decided to dig more about you, why you are so passionate about it. I came to realize " if you see a dog barking then talk to its owner " So it's not by default you talk high with facts at hand. How about you tell us who of your relative is working for cytonn and what position she is holding there ?

Maybe through this you might be saying the truth since you have the insider or you might be waiting for the shit to hit the fun then get your insider information and jump out . So I don't know what angel you are man.
The comment i made was awhile ago but day by day im becoming smoother and sharper.So with that I leave it here and as I said I'll wait and watch.when my threshold will be met then we will meet as shareholders then ,if not then I'll watch from a distance
alma1
#196 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2016 8:52:37 AM

@Horton

I liked your analysis. Please advise if you may. Since I can see you are very good in research.

Which of all those "investments" can cover your 28% return to the investor? You are already talking of a 10% decrease in pricing in the Alma.

Don't talk about Madoff. Kwanza his ponzi was 12%.

And please don't mention OTC on wazua. We have seen those OTC's move from 25 bob to 1 bob. So that may not exactly help your cause here.

Don't mention another newspaper article as an authority. On wazua we know how the paid media operates.

Thus far, you are not answering anyone's questions. Just telling us how great the company is. That's a good thing.

Maybe just maybe, people are skeptical because:

we don't see how you can guarantee an investor 28% targets in a market that we can all see is not doing so great, with a history of being a bit shady, with an attitude of undermining those that have asked you questions (that you have yet to answer by the way), with a promise of selling us shares at 60 bob to sell at 100 bob.

I mean boss, we have seen all this stuff on wazua.

And please do us a favor and declare your interests in the company. Hapa sio facebook. We don't mind you owning up. Infact wazua shall give you a special mention.

Lakini answer questions without being too personal. It's business.

Get Murchr and Hisah on your side and the topic direction shall change.

Horton
#197 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2016 10:18:49 AM

@enyands if u did ur research properly, i have relatives in very many companies, that doesnt necessarily influence where my hard earned money goes. Im sure ur the same...

Look as I have said several times here, I have nothing to gain if you do or do not invest in any company but this is a forum after all. I might get a very minute or small profit indirectly from the shares I own. But that aside, I find it ridiculous do bash a company WITHOUT FACTS which beats the purpose of the discussion

@alma1 as always very valid questions. However, I believe you are misguided about "28% guarantee" there is no such thing!! Can u kindly provide reference to this?

They are giving 18% as at now for CMS and then I said it will drop soon, when did I say 10% decrease on alma??? Please get your facts right.

Nation link was a reference, something u or ur friend paul dont have. I provided reference here as ur colleague paul claimed that acorn "admitted that money was irregularly transfered" without a link but full of rumours.

Nextly, madoff, did u know it was pretty much a one man show? Very different from Cytonn where each project or department is run by completely separate individuals and make the calls jointly, not individually.

I have declared my interests, i have shares in the company which i bought during the first private placement at 10bob. Please also declare ur interests in the opposition or competitors, u seem to be too personal here as what u say isnt factual, case in point "alma decrease by 10%?!?!?"

About seeing thing on wazua, u and ur colleague paul just signed up recently to wazua, i have been an active member shortly coming up to a decade. So dont tell me about seeing things on wazua and yet u have only been a memba for a few months

alma1
#198 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2016 11:39:58 AM

Horton wrote:
@enyands if u did ur research properly, i have relatives in very many companies, that doesnt necessarily influence where my hard earned money goes. Im sure ur the same...

Look as I have said several times here, I have nothing to gain if you do or do not invest in any company but this is a forum after all. I might get a very minute or small profit indirectly from the shares I own. But that aside, I find it ridiculous do bash a company WITHOUT FACTS which beats the purpose of the discussion

@alma1 as always very valid questions. However, I believe you are misguided about "28% guarantee" there is no such thing!! Can u kindly provide reference to this?

They are giving 18% as at now for CMS and then I said it will drop soon, when did I say 10% decrease on alma??? Please get your facts right.

Nation link was a reference, something u or ur friend paul dont have. I provided reference here as ur colleague paul claimed that acorn "admitted that money was irregularly transfered" without a link but full of rumours.

Nextly, madoff, did u know it was pretty much a one man show? Very different from Cytonn where each project or department is run by completely separate individuals and make the calls jointly, not individually.

I have declared my interests, i have shares in the company which i bought during the first private placement at 10bob. Please also declare ur interests in the opposition or competitors, u seem to be too personal here as what u say isnt factual, case in point "alma decrease by 10%?!?!?"

About seeing thing on wazua, u and ur colleague paul just signed up recently to wazua, i have been an active member shortly coming up to a decade. So dont tell me about seeing things on wazua and yet u have only been a memba for a few months

Wacha tu tuwachie hapo.

mkenyan
#199 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2016 12:24:57 PM

alma1 wrote:
Horton wrote:

Wacha tu tuwachie hapo.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly horton, you sure have jokes.
King G
#200 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2016 1:10:00 PM

mkenyan wrote:
alma1 wrote:
Horton wrote:

Wacha tu tuwachie hapo.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly horton, you sure have jokes.

smile
Thieves