wazua Sun, Jun 16, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
THE INSENSITIVE DSTV
Josey
#21 Posted : Wednesday, April 07, 2010 5:03:25 PM

Sasha
#22 Posted : Thursday, April 08, 2010 5:59:44 AM

@eddyz: The decoder model is DSD1110 (+2). Hope this is the information you are looking for!
eddyz
#23 Posted : Thursday, April 08, 2010 8:38:10 AM

Sasha wrote:
@eddyz: The decoder model is DSD1110 (+2). Hope this is the information you are looking for!

@Sasha:Ooohhh...,now I see,unfortunately the DSD1110 is married to it's original smart card and will not accept a foreign smart card.Your card is for south africa region hence not valid for Kenya this been main reason why multichoice can't assist;but don't loose hope,its possible though not common for multichoice to force-marry a foreign card to your decoder.In this case you will have to obtain a valid smart card for our region including authorization by the previous decoder owner that they have transfered the decoder to you.I can check this out and get back to you later.
Sasha
#24 Posted : Thursday, April 08, 2010 9:41:29 AM

Thanks eddyz. I will appreciate that.
Njung'e
#25 Posted : Thursday, April 08, 2010 11:05:36 AM

@Josey,
Ahsante......If only i could know which this 10 channels are and see if they are worth the 4500 one time fee.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
smano
#26 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2010 9:09:11 AM

@njunge, when you find out please let us know...

The rates for Dstv premium are ridiculous after the new move @Mwenza has noted, didn't even know they had adjusted their rate to 80ksh to the USD!

I've been viewing Compact but will subscribe to premium at the same time as the onset of the World Cup. I hope to see the competition push Dstv to a pricing corner because I remember I got my dish and decoder at the onset of the Olympics in China for a measly Ksh.9,700 full installation offer - it was too good to pass!
BEER IS LIVING PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!
se7en
#27 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 11:02:16 PM

@smano... move to premium and cross your fingers... my pal switched to premium and has been getting bills for compact - STILL.... he's NEVER been late on payment lest they disconnect and realise...
speak softly and carry a big stick, you will go far... Theodore Roosevelt
mwenza
#28 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 7:46:46 AM

eddyz wrote:

@mwenza-new channels have been added to DSTV as from last year including high definition so the cost was sure to go up someday.In any case they are still a monopoly.

@eddyz.............Are you sure this HD technology is applicable in kenya? If so how do i access it?
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
mwenza
#29 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 8:01:44 AM

Sober wrote:
before going to the streets and crying foul go back to the agreement (which you signed anyway) you will realise a thing you never saw then in the terms and conditions.

@Sober.............If you have ever taken a bank loan, you will realise that there is what they call the fine print. Much as people proceed to take those loans it doesn't necessarily mean that they are happy with the conditions.

Bottomline is that i may need something desperately but that doesnt mean that i should not notice when am being exploited.
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
eddyz
#30 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 8:28:40 AM

mwenza wrote:
eddyz wrote:

@mwenza-new channels have been added to DSTV as from last year including high definition so the cost was sure to go up someday.In any case they are still a monopoly.

@eddyz.............Are you sure this HD technology is applicable in kenya? If so how do i access it?

@mwenza-Yes,DSTV has some channels in HD format e.g supersportHD, DiscoveryHD.To access this you need a HD PVR decoder and premium package subscription.
Your TV set should be HD capable to display the vastly superior pictures.
mwenza
#31 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 10:24:58 AM

@eddyz............Thanx. Am on premium subscription and the only thing i noticed after the recent improvements was that the signal strength improved from 71% to 78%. What i have never seen is that supersportHD.

And if by any chance you work with multichoice, tell your people that their market exchange rate for the dollar is unsatisfactory. The difference may not be much really but its annoying nonetheless.....One feels like they are being taken advantage of.
eddyz
#32 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 11:26:32 AM

mwenza wrote:
@eddyz............Thanx. Am on premium subscription and the only thing i noticed after the recent improvements was that the signal strength improved from 71% to 78%. What i have never seen is that supersportHD.

And if by any chance you work with multichoice, tell your people that their market exchange rate for the dollar is unsatisfactory. The difference may not be much really but its annoying nonetheless.....One feels like they are being taken advantage of.

@mwenza.supersportHD is listed as ch 171 in the channel grid but you will only view it with HD PVR decoder and HD TV set.The improvement of the signal strength is due to usage of a new higher powered satelite;this was necessary to accomodate more channels including HD.

I chuckled on this one,am not with Multichoice and I agree they are ripping as off with their always higher exchange rate!