wazua Tue, Sep 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Toyota Crown or Subaru Outback?
4Matic
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2016 2:34:45 PM

I intend to buy either a 2008 Toyota Crown or a Subaru Outback, same year of manufacture, both 2500cc, but having a difficult time making the final decision. I know the Outback has a higher ground clearance, but I find the Crown very classy and spacious, considering the fact that I'm very tall & huge. Which among the two should I go for?
Swenani
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2016 2:38:58 PM

4Matic wrote:
I intend to buy either a 2008 Toyota Crown or a Subaru Outback, same year of manufacture, both 2500cc, but having a difficult time making the final decision. I know the Outback has a higher ground clearance, but I find the Crown very classy and spacious, considering the fact that I'm very tall & huge. Which among the two should I go for?

How do you even compare the two? In my limited motogari knowledge, one is a luxury while the other is meant to be an offroad car.Maybe you should tell us where you plan to use the car and what you are currently driving.If you primary reason is your size why not go for mobius II, I also happen to know tall and huge guys who fit in a vitz perferctly
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Obi 1 Kanobi
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2016 3:08:20 PM

Good choices, atleast you have a nice headache.

The outback is a good solid car, I don't know much about the Crown but I sure do know it keeps the German machines on toes.

Fanya research on the Crown.

P.S. This thread is in the wrong forum, move it to the market section and you should get more responses. This section is for politics, bread and fish
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
nakujua
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2016 6:32:17 PM

just to hijack the thread kiasi, why are side mirrors stolen from cars, I mean when they are manually knocked of they can not be fitted on another car, or they just do it to create a market for the same.

on to the topic, if your height is an issue, then get the outback, but the outlander should be in that ka price range and it seems 'taller'
kayhara
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2016 7:52:11 PM

nakujua wrote:
just to hijack the thread kiasi, why are side mirrors stolen from cars, I mean when they are manually knocked of they can not be fitted on another car, or they just do it to create a market for the same.

on to the topic, if your height is an issue, then get the outback, but the outlander should be in that ka price range and it seems 'taller'

That concave or is it convex ka-mirror is worth good money, nowadays they also value that adjustment mechanism in the mirror, and also the back covers of the mirror housing, solution just have it tied with a steel wire might save it but not guaranteed.
The crown has very good legroom both at the front and at the back not to mention more classy and comfortable, resale value the outback might beat the crown despite being a Toyota
To Each His Own
bird_man
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2016 9:44:52 PM

Resale value should only worry you if you are in the business of selling cars every few months.Plus judging by your headache,I doubt you are concerned with such.

Outback is comfortable,huge and powerful even offroad but you will spend major bucks on spares if need be.Plus you could pretend you are flying squad :)
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
Aguytrying
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2016 12:15:33 PM

The subaru outback wins hands down. It has better clearance, its ALL wheel drive ( the crown should be rear wheel like mark X), It has better handling ( dont let the off road nature of the car full you, its basically a legacy with higher suspension) and perfomance, its fun to drive. it will last longer and is more reliable.

The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
wanyee
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2016 12:59:40 PM

bird_man wrote:
Resale value should only worry you if you are in the business of selling cars every few months.Plus judging by your headache,I doubt you are concerned with such.

Outback is comfortable,huge and powerful even offroad but you will spend major bucks on spares if need be.Plus you could pretend you are flying squad :)

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly gari ya pool
Forester
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2016 6:14:12 PM

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs - Farrah Gray.
Forester
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 04, 2016 6:16:24 PM

Aguytrying wrote:
The subaru outback wins hands down. It has better clearance, its ALL wheel drive ( the crown should be rear wheel like mark X), It has better handling ( dont let the off road nature of the car full you, its basically a legacy with higher suspension) and perfomance, its fun to drive. it will last longer and is more reliable.

Agreed!!!smile
Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs - Farrah Gray.