wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

18 Pages«<45678>»
Low End Housing: High Risk, High Return
Wamukiva
#101 Posted : Sunday, May 01, 2016 4:49:41 PM

Hi guys. I am in Nairobi and looking for a 50×100 plot suitable for apartments in a middle class area. My budget is approximately 1.5M and would prefer 10km radius within Nairobi CBD, near a tarmac road. I may buy to build later. Any leads will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Wamukiva
#102 Posted : Sunday, May 01, 2016 10:07:16 PM

Please email me
Kaigangio
#103 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2016 1:45:16 AM

Wamukiva wrote:
Hi guys. I am in Nairobi and looking for a 50×100 plot suitable for apartments in a middle class area. My budget is approximately 1.5M and would prefer 10km radius within Nairobi CBD, near a tarmac road. I may buy to build later. Any leads will be highly appreciated. Thanks

On this one you are…eeeeh…joking. Now let us visualise exactly where 10km radius from CBD is…
Along Thika highway, it is Roysambu, Kasarani and may be Zimmerman. Hay, so far so good. A 50x100 in Roysambu costs not less than 5m, in Kasarani > 5m and in Zimmerman not even available, but if it is there not less than 4m...so Thika highway sahau.
Along Juja road, it is Huruma…I doubt the size of the plot that you want exist here. In case, it does, I am not sure about the price but certainly not less than 5m. So, huku no chance.
Along Jogoo road, it is Kimathi/Bahati, Makadara/Hamsa…huku huwezi pata.
Along Enterprise/Lunga lunga roads hizo ni ng'o!
Along Mombasa road, it is somewhere in the neighbourhood of GM motors…tough luck!
Along Lang'ata road, it is KWS and the cemetry…wooi!!
Along Ngong road it is Jamhuri park and Dagoreti corner. In the latter you need at least 6m for an eighth of an acre plot...
Along Waiyaki way, we are in Kianda, Mithonge. Your ka 1.5m is loose change to land owners in this region for your desired plot size.
Along Kabete road, you are in Spring valley and Kiuna…hapa huwezi.
Along Limuru road, you are in Gigiri…hehehe!!
Along Kiambu road...uko Thindigua...a quarter here is going for close to 18m...pole sana.
My advice, upgrade the distance to say 30 to 40 Km from CBD and not anywhere near a major road.
Hope gives a helpful insight.
...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
enyands
#104 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2016 2:52:48 AM

Wamukiva wrote:

Go to other counties. Devolve your money . Other counties can give you higher return of your investment than just Nairobi. When you look at the cost of building and buroti in Nairobi and compare with the cost of building and land in other counties and compare with the return of investment of the two then you might find that other counties have a higher return of investment than Nairobi . Look for the return of investment not how much rent you will get and do your math . This is just me and subjected to correction Laughing out loudly
Boris Boyka
#105 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2016 10:54:44 AM

Kaigangio wrote:
Wamukiva wrote:

On this one you are…eeeeh…joking. Now let us visualise exactly where 10km radius from CBD is…
Along Thika highway, it is Roysambu, Kasarani and may be Zimmerman. Hay, so far so good. A 50x100 in Roysambu costs not less than 5m, in Kasarani > 5m and in Zimmerman not even available, but if it is there not less than 4m...so Thika highway sahau.
Along Juja road, it is Huruma…I doubt the size of the plot that you want exist here. In case, it does, I am not sure about the price but certainly not less than 5m. So, huku no chance.
Along Jogoo road, it is Kimathi/Bahati, Makadara/Hamsa…huku huwezi pata.
Along Enterprise/Lunga lunga roads hizo ni ng'o!
Along Mombasa road, it is somewhere in the neighbourhood of GM motors…tough luck!
Along Lang'ata road, it is KWS and the cemetry…wooi!!
Along Ngong road it is Jamhuri park and Dagoreti corner. In the latter you need at least 6m for an eighth of an acre plot...
Along Waiyaki way, we are in Kianda, Mithonge. Your ka 1.5m is loose change to land owners in this region for your desired plot size.
Along Kabete road, you are in Spring valley and Kiuna…hapa huwezi.
Along Limuru road, you are in Gigiri…hehehe!!
Along Kiambu road...uko Thindigua...a quarter here is going for close to 18m...pole sana.
My advice, upgrade the distance to say 30 to 40 Km from CBD and not anywhere near a major road.
Hope gives a helpful insight.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
These were my thoughts exactly. As wazua has said Hiyo pesa in Nairobi is loose change but in other counties it's a deal. Note that even in Nakuru , Naivasha & Eldoret near main highway is In 2.5 M onwards.
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
Bachuma Gate
#106 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2016 11:34:12 AM

Wamkiva. U can get. Place is 22kms from Nyayo stadium. Behind Nazarene university. Oloosirkon. Third row from main road. Rongai to Kitengela Rd. Road yet to be tarmarced.
DOH
obiero
#107 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2016 1:48:33 PM

enyands wrote:
Wamukiva wrote:

Go to other counties. Devolve your money . Other counties can give you higher return of your investment than just Nairobi. When you look at the cost of building and buroti in Nairobi and compare with the cost of building and land in other counties and compare with the return of investment of the two then you might find that other counties have a higher return of investment than Nairobi . Look for the return of investment not how much rent you will get and do your math . This is just me and subjected to correction Laughing out loudly

No correction. You have the right thinking

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
tcd
#108 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2016 7:38:08 PM

I was planning to construct some temporary structures (mabati units) in some vacant plot I have in Eldoret but I am being advised against it by family and friends saying the cost of chasing the tenants can be quite expensive. Also, I noted that the County Govt has demolished similar structures within the vicinity. I am so lost on the way forward. Has anyone put up such structures in the counties and realized some good return from their investment?
Xymalos
#109 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2016 8:24:50 PM

tcd wrote:
I was planning to construct some temporary structures (mabati units) in some vacant plot I have in Eldoret but I am being advised against it by family and friends saying the cost of chasing the tenants can be quite expensive. Also, I noted that the County Govt has demolished similar structures within the vicinity. I am so lost on the way forward. Has anyone put up such structures in the counties and realized some good return from their investment?

I have plot in Kitengela, near a commercial flower farm and some neighbors constructed mabati structures to house people who work in flower farm. Neighbours who have put residential houses complained to the county government. So, recently the county government has marked those mabati structures for demolition. Not worth putting them - your neighbors will complain and the county government, thirsty for revenue will demolish them.
tcd
#110 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2016 11:14:34 PM

Thanks Xymalos. Now that adds into the list of the challenges that one faces with the construction of mabati houses. I was looking into realizing some quick return while putting my vacant plot into use but it now appears that I will have to reassess my plans. Thanks again for weighing in..
Jitahidi
#111 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2016 10:33:05 AM

Bachuma Gate wrote:
Wamkiva. U can get. Place is 22kms from Nyayo stadium. Behind Nazarene university. Oloosirkon. Third row from main road. Rongai to Kitengela Rd. Road yet to be tarmarced.

@Bachuma are you aware of plans to tarmack Rongai-Kitengela road in the near future? If its tarmacked plots along that road will be prime.
Foz00
#112 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2016 2:41:15 PM

Xymalos wrote:
tcd wrote:

I have plot in Kitengela, near a commercial flower farm and some neighbors constructed mabati structures to house people who work in flower farm. Neighbours who have put residential houses complained to the county government. So, recently the county government has marked those mabati structures for demolition. Not worth putting them - your neighbors will complain and the county government, thirsty for revenue will demolish them.

On what grounds/law does the county Govt demolish mabati houses?
ForSport2
#113 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2016 2:45:33 PM

Foz00 wrote:
Xymalos wrote:
tcd wrote:

On what grounds/law does the county Govt demolish mabati houses?

Building code? Let the architects advise you
washiku
#114 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2016 4:11:31 PM

tcd wrote:

There are good agents who can do that work for you at a small percentage. This works well in Nai though I don't know whether it exists in Eld. They will charge you a management fee of say 10% then they will pay you your share on an agreed date whether they have managed to collect or not as long us the house is occupied. Stress ya kufukuzana na tenants unawaachia.
tcd
#115 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2016 7:40:08 PM

Washiku - thanks. I was in the process of doing the research on the possibility of acquiring such services but for now, I want to first of all establish that they wouldn't be demolished after I've incurred costs to put them up.
obiero
#116 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2016 10:19:08 PM

tcd wrote:
Washiku - thanks. I was in the process of doing the research on the possibility of acquiring such services but for now, I want to first of all establish that they wouldn't be demolished after I've incurred costs to put them up.

Applause they will demolish my friend

popat
#117 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2016 9:59:35 AM

Guyz while you are at this Mabati houses business,someone is giving me the idea leasing land in some of these slum like areas like Uthiru,Kangemi,Kawangware and putting up those single structures.Urguably the monthly rent payable to the land owner goes for like 50k p.m. for a 1/8 of an acre.So you lease for like 10 years.Do the structure and wait for the watejas.Am told that nowadays most of the structures coming up in these areas are done in such a manner since wenyeji hawauzi mashamba.Can someone tells us the possible pitfalls for such a venture.I can imagine considering the minimal cost of this investment you would be better off doing multiple units of such instead of the 5 storied stuctures anywhere in this Nairobi.
Speculz
#118 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2016 10:13:00 AM

popat wrote:
Guyz while you are at this Mabati houses business,someone is giving me the idea leasing land in some of these slum like areas like Uthiru,Kangemi,Kawangware and putting up those single structures.Urguably the monthly rent payable to the land owner goes for like 50k p.m. for a 1/8 of an acre.So you lease for like 10 years.Do the structure and wait for the watejas.Am told that nowadays most of the structures coming up in these areas are done in such a manner since wenyeji hawauzi mashamba.Can someone tells us the possible pitfalls for such a venture.I can imagine considering the minimal cost of this investment you would be better off doing multiple units of such instead of the 5 storied stuctures anywhere in this Nairobi.

Major pitfall - The non paying watejas . Keep in mind after the lease ,you leave the structures as is .
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Stephen Wright
obiero
#119 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2016 5:58:54 PM

Speculz wrote:
popat wrote:

Major pitfall - The non paying watejas . Keep in mind after the lease ,you leave the structures as is .

obiero
#120 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2016 6:01:40 PM

Speculz wrote:
popat wrote:

shocked to see that someone is even thinking of such as an idea