wazua Thu, Apr 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Business idea in a thug-prone area
Mukiri
#1 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2016 10:21:38 PM

I find myself in a village, where almost all the neighbours have been 'visited' by panga welding local layabouts. Haidhuru biashara we will do.

Your suggestions of a do-able biashara, are welcome. No nearby banks or partners. Its a distance from the main road

Proverbs 19:21
washiku
#2 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2016 11:34:22 PM

Mukiri wrote:
I find myself in a village, where almost all the neighbours have been 'visited' by panga welding local layabouts. Haidhuru biashara we will do.

Your suggestions of a do-able biashara, are welcome. No nearby banks or partners. Its a distance from the main road

Security firm
UpcomingPaperChaser
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2016 2:33:25 AM

Be a shadow proprietor of an illegal drinking den and have it run by mama pima, so that u are the financier in dito but the returns come to you without anybody knowing that u run the show!
Enjoy every moment of your life, you never know when your time will come.
Swenani
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2016 2:27:15 PM

Mukiri wrote:

Form a mungiki type vigilante group and terrorise all those who do not pay protection fee
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Ethiteri
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 01, 2016 12:12:15 PM

Mukiri wrote:

Eatery but payments are via paybill.

But surely whatever business should be guided by the need not the security situation.In your SWOT the thieving layabouts should be part of the risks/threats then search for a solution.
Mukiri
#6 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2016 9:08:12 AM

Ethiteri wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

Eatery but payments are via paybill.

But surely whatever business should be guided by the need not the security situation.In your SWOT the thieving layabouts should be part of the risks/threats then search for a solution.

Said business will be solution. There are biasharas that are self-protecting. The fact that its there, will deter the layabouts from attacking.

Chai-mandazi eatery, food for thought. So far, I've got charcoal business and metal workshop. Let's see if the local APs will agree to open something nearby

limanika
#7 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2016 10:10:07 AM

Mukiri wrote:

Chicken rearing no-no. In case of farming, try something that doesn't have ready market in the neighborhood or county. In case of livestock, try something like pig rearing. Invest in CCTV and hire a reputable security firm and keep several 'German' canines.
Impunity
#8 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2016 7:57:22 PM

Get KWS license and rear snakes,alligators and chameleons...you will be safe.

Market iko Far East and also tourism.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

kaka2za
#9 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2016 9:52:40 PM

Mukiri wrote:

Sell pangas,bows and arrows!
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
enyands
#10 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2016 10:48:18 PM

kaka2za wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

Or have your own good thugs,Get a gun license and make sure everyone knows you have it.Words go round quick . Then open any business of your choice
enyands
#11 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2016 10:49:53 PM

kaka2za wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

Or have your own good thugs,Get a gun license and make sure everyone knows you have it.Words go round quick . Then open any business of your choice
streetwise
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2016 1:01:41 PM

Use the very old known trick, pay the toughest gang for protection a small fee every month , like a salary, utakuwa mutu wao
wanyee
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2016 1:03:28 PM

Swenani wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

Form a mungiki type vigilante group and terrorise all those who do not pay protection fee

get your own yakuza
sparkly
#14 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2016 1:59:17 PM

wanyee wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

get your own yakuza

Form a gang to gang the other gangs.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Mukiri
#15 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2016 3:22:30 PM

enyands wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

The danger with sharing info on guns, is that when they visit, they might visit to kill. Scared thugs are very dangerous thugs. That, and they might want the gun for their activities. Might be self-defeating

Mukiri
#16 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2016 3:25:49 PM

Impunity wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Maybe Chameleons. This also happens to be a very superstitious place. Don't want the wizard label. Might send you off too

streetwise
#17 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2016 3:28:43 PM

The issue is not the business you do but whether the guys think you keep money with you in the car, body or your house. Even if you keep in the bank they may hijack you ?.

Mukiri
#18 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2016 3:33:15 PM

streetwise wrote:
Use the very old known trick, pay the toughest gang for protection a small fee every month , like a salary, utakuwa mutu wao

Already tried this. Gave the toughest thug work, bought them drinks but .... Using the devil to fight the devil doesn't work. Like visiting witchdoctors

enyands
#19 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2016 4:15:45 PM

Mukiri wrote:
Impunity wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Maybe Chameleons. This also happens to be a very superstitious place. Don't want the wizard label. Might send you off too

Yes you will be labeled mchawi ama scientology or devil worshiper. Poor you if you live in kisii .watakuchoma live
Swenani
#20 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2016 4:19:30 PM

enyands wrote:
Mukiri wrote:
Impunity wrote:

Yes you will be labeled mchawi ama scientology or devil worshiper. Poor you if you live in kisii .watakuchoma live

I would rather you call me a wealthy witch than call me a poor prophet/pastor/jehovah witnesssmile smile smile
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?