wazua Mon, Oct 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

39 Pages«<2728293031>»
Chase Bank loss...another case of cooking the books?
washiku
#561 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 4:43:58 PM

Othelo wrote:
Regardless of who is PORK & DPORK, wheree can we get 20 Dr. Njoroges to head crucial institutions in this country. We can see change we have never experienced before!!!

1. Treasury CS

2. Treasury PS

3. Infrastructure CS

4. AG

5. CJ

6. Chief Prosecutor

7. EACC
Cornelius Vanderbilt
#562 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 5:01:48 PM

.‪#‎CHASE‬ BANK AUDITORS HAVE ARRIVED IN KENYA, lol

Rahatupu
#563 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 6:37:07 PM

Cornelius Vanderbilt wrote:
.‪#‎CHASE‬ BANK AUDITORS HAVE ARRIVED IN KENYA, lol

Looks like they are leaving Kenya. With the loot stashed in their coats and brief cases!Sad
Plimsoul
#564 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 9:47:43 PM

More clarification from the BD story. Interesting. Do you believe it?

http://www.the-star.co.k...rship-two-days_c1333131

"Safaricom Consumer Business Unit director Sylvia Mulinge said she was the top executive referred in the story. Mulinge said it was true she had invested all her personal savings in Chase Bank but denied any knowledge of the bank's collapse.

Read her statement below

I have noted with concern an inaccurate and sensational story published in one of the local dailies, and I would like at the earliest opportunity to clarify the following facts:

I am among one of many Kenyans approached by the management of Chase Bank to invest in a private placement of the company’s shares in my private capacity. Having reviewed the bank’s investment memorandum, I decided to invest in the future of the bank, applied and paid for some of the shares on offer using my savings.

However, I can confirm, that almost six months after applying and thereafter making payment, I was not issued with any share certificate confirming ownership of any shares in the bank. It is on record that I have sent various correspondence over several months to the management of Chase Bank regarding the allotment of shares and even requested for a full refund of my investment given the delays. I have also not received confirmation that my name is on the share register in the company’s annual return.

I, and indeed other similar investors, were not privy to or aware of the Bank’s decision and timing to refund the investment which we had paid for earlier. As mentioned, since no shares had been allocated to me, this did not amount to a liquidation of shares as inaccurately described in the article.

I can confirm that even though the refund was credited to my account in Chase Bank, I was not able to withdraw any of it. To date my life savings remain trapped at Chase Bank together with the hard earned savings of thousands of other hard working Kenyans and which I cannot access just like any other depositor. "
enyands
#565 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 10:08:11 PM

maka wrote:
Plimsoul wrote:
This story keeps evolving in new ways every day.

http://www.businessdaily.../-/11l2t5s/-/index.html

"A senior State House official and a Safaricom executive were two days before Chase Bank collapsed paid back money they had invested in the bank through a private placement late last year, raising questions as to whether they had prior knowledge of the looming shutdown. "

Ukora mtupu....

Si ukora maka ,these are some of information that nsis and Cid know. If you are one of few guys who are "wenye kenya" then you will get any information you need. I'm happy for them while poor wanjiku lost their hard earned can and no hope of getting it soon
muganda
#566 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 11:01:38 PM

enyands wrote:
maka wrote:
Plimsoul wrote:

"A senior State House official and a Safaricom executive were two days before Chase Bank collapsed paid back money they had invested in the bank through a private placement late last year, raising questions as to whether they had prior knowledge of the looming shutdown. "

Ukora mtupu....

Si ukora maka ,these are some of information that nsis and Cid know. If you are one of few guys who are "wenye kenya" then you will get any information you need. I'm happy for them while poor wanjiku lost their hard earned can and no hope of getting it soon

In one deft move, in the dying seconds, the obligation of said insiders was converted from last to be paid in case of liquidation (shareholders) to among the first (depositors).

How will the ex-CEO explain it, unless he doesn't have to due to power plays?
maka
#567 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2016 6:37:27 AM

muganda wrote:
enyands wrote:
maka wrote:
Plimsoul wrote:

Ukora mtupu....

In one deft move, in the dying seconds, the obligation of said insiders was converted from last to be paid in case of liquidation (shareholders) to among the first (depositors).

How will the ex-CEO explain it, unless he doesn't have to due to power plays?

Safaricom Consumer Business Unit director Sylvia Mulinge said she was the top executive referred in the story. Mulinge said it was true she had invested all her personal savings in Chase Bank but denied any knowledge of the bank's collapse.
http://www.the-star.co.k...ership-two-days_c1333131
possunt quia posse videntur
sparkly
#568 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2016 7:42:31 AM

Plimsoul wrote:

"Safaricom Consumer Business Unit director Sylvia Mulinge said she was the top executive referred in the story. Mulinge said it was true she had invested all her personal savings in Chase Bank but denied any knowledge of the bank's collapse.

Read her statement below

I have noted with concern an inaccurate and sensational story published in one of the local dailies, and I would like at the earliest opportunity to clarify the following facts:

I am among one of many Kenyans approached by the management of Chase Bank to invest in a private placement of the company’s shares in my private capacity. Having reviewed the bank’s investment memorandum, I decided to invest in the future of the bank, applied and paid for some of the shares on offer using my savings.

However, I can confirm, that almost six months after applying and thereafter making payment, I was not issued with any share certificate confirming ownership of any shares in the bank. It is on record that I have sent various correspondence over several months to the management of Chase Bank regarding the allotment of shares and even requested for a full refund of my investment given the delays. I have also not received confirmation that my name is on the share register in the company’s annual return.

I, and indeed other similar investors, were not privy to or aware of the Bank’s decision and timing to refund the investment which we had paid for earlier. As mentioned, since no shares had been allocated to me, this did not amount to a liquidation of shares as inaccurately described in the article.

I can confirm that even though the refund was credited to my account in Chase Bank, I was not able to withdraw any of it. To date my life savings remain trapped at Chase Bank together with the hard earned savings of thousands of other hard working Kenyans and which I cannot access just like any other depositor. "

I belief it. Kenyan papers are good for wrapping meat and rolling weed joints
Life is short. Live passionately.
Much Know
#569 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2016 9:12:37 AM

penkon
#570 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2016 11:32:40 AM

mkenyan
#571 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2016 12:07:50 PM

sparkly wrote:
Plimsoul wrote:

Read her statement below

as muganda says above, this looks like a clever move making her a depositor instead of a shareholder - all this while making us feel for her money also being tied up in the bank.
Impunity
#572 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2016 12:46:47 PM

mkenyan wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Plimsoul wrote:

Read her statement below

as muganda says above, this looks like a clever move making her a depositor instead of a shareholder - all this while making us feel for her money also being tied up in the bank.

Mafiosa.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

MaichBlack
#573 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2016 1:18:57 PM

CNN is more rubbish than choo choo media. They have caused more havoc than choo choo media in this world.

I watched them single handedly force George Bush into attacking Iraq and Afghanistan after 9/11 yet he was more keen on hiding. They ran stories and brought in "analysts" who were wondering why "American boots are not already in Iraq and Afghanistan!". Same fellows reported lies and half truths on Libya and Gaddafi to get him out of the way. Same fellows broadcast post election violence images purporting them to be for the Constitution Referendum after camping here for weeks then Kenyans disappointing them by being peaceful. Hotbed of terrorism....

Total rubbish.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#574 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2016 1:24:39 PM

mkenyan wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Plimsoul wrote:

Read her statement below

She has stated her facts!

She never got issued with a share certificate.

She never appeared on the list of shareholders.

She was in constant communication with the bank from much earlier - She says there are emails that can be verified. Had already asked for her refund - again verifying emails is not rocket science!

But Kenyans love sensationalism and never let facts get in the way of a good argument.

Counter facts with facts. It should be that simple.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Much Know
#575 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2016 2:09:28 PM

MaichBlack wrote:

CNN is more rubbish than choo choo media. They have caused more havoc than choo choo media in this world.

I watched them single handedly force George Bush into attacking Iraq and Afghanistan after 9/11 yet he was more keen on hiding. They ran stories and brought in "analysts" who were wondering why "American boots are not already in Iraq and Afghanistan!". Same fellows reported lies and half truths on Libya and Gaddafi to get him out of the way. Same fellows broadcast post election violence images purporting them to be for the Constitution Referendum after camping here for weeks then Kenyans disappointing them by being peaceful. Hotbed of terrorism....

Total rubbish.

I will not blame CNN as there is a very credible wazuan analyst who even wrote about this NPL's, liquidity issues, and cooked results in banks and about a year ago or so saying several banks will collapse, several others have pointed to this issue right here, for some this is old news. Surely it is common knowledge that we have very crooked banks and this has been going on unabated, when the house of cards starts trembling we are advised to bury our heads in the sand like ostriches instead and encourage wanjikus to do the same. It is now upon CBK to name this 8 banks and the over 10 others with problems, we are looking at about 18 banks according to the article so if there is a run it is to the 'good banks', remember some run from imperial into chase and they could have been saved!
A New Kenya
MaichBlack
#576 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2016 3:36:44 PM

@Much Know - I am not blaming CNN. On this, they are actually Johny Come Latelys and the article on the link above is sketchy at best.

All I am saying is that if you insist on quoting CNN, then you should also start quoting Moses Kuria, Alai etc.
MaichBlack
#577 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2016 3:47:48 PM

@Much Know - I am not blaming CNN. On this, they are actually Johny Come Latelys and the article on the link above is sketchy at best.

All I am saying is that if you insist on quoting CNN, then you should also start quoting Moses Kuria, Alai etc.
Much Know
#578 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2016 4:24:46 PM

MaichBlack wrote:

CNN has really good business analysis unlike our locals,and the analysis is positive, "the financial sector is being CLEANED UP" that's what they write, and they have the interest of US banks who have invested in our bonds, who are making the most critical of financial analysis, wheres a better article to quote in Kenya today on the magnitude of the problem? They are adding value by giving an almost precise figure of the "magnitude" of half the 43 banks, about 22, now we have figures for those of us who like numbers, and the "chartists" aka technical analysis can use the figures to draw some charts, it is a value adding article, that we know are "fairly credilble" from a a global finance perspective, there's nothing better at a time like this. I am suspicious of the downgrading by IMF to 6%
A New Kenya
MaichBlack
#579 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2016 5:10:07 PM

CNN are subjectively objective (I just made that phrase up).

When they have no angle or agenda, their news and analysis are top notch - and in business news (luckily) that is 95% of the time. The other 5% is pre meditated and pre organized rubbish. Unfortunately, a bulk of this 5% seems to primarily reserved for Africa and China!
streetwise
#580 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2016 8:40:53 AM

CNN belongs to the American, if you want to be served you have to create yours ( Kenyan). For now they will continue taking care of their masters