wazua Mon, May 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Ukulima sacco
Pat87
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 2:03:46 AM

How would you financially advise a family member who is stuck with a 600k loan(accumulated over years).Her payslip is almost null,nothing, and you can spare 15k monthly to help.would you
1.pay off the sacco loan directly monthly which is on a reducing balance until its done.(in 4 yrs)
2.Give the person the 15k then let the already tattered payslip to continue the deductions or
What is three??how do i empower and get this payslip back to where the person can save for shares and still live comfortably.
“An asset is something that puts money in my pocket. A liability is something that takes money out of my pocket.”
― Robert T. Kiyosaki, Rich Dad, Poor Dad
murchr
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 4:12:40 AM

I'd go with option 1 if there was a guarantee that there is a plan to empower her.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Pat87
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 6:02:41 PM

murchr wrote:
I'd go with option 1 if there was a guarantee that there is a plan to empower her.

Trying to find a way,is someone allowed to pay directly to a members loan without it having to show in her account first??i know if it shows in her account first she will withdraw.very tricky.
I dont know.
“An asset is something that puts money in my pocket. A liability is something that takes money out of my pocket.”
Boris Boyka
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 8:51:32 PM

Pat87 wrote:
murchr wrote:

Trying to find a way,is someone allowed to pay directly to a members loan without it having to show in her account first??i know if it shows in her account first she will withdraw.very tricky.
I dont know.

Going for option 1 is okay. Now if it is a FOSA account you can block all withdrawals from it. If her Salary goes through that account it will be tricky! She also has to apply to for standing order to repay the loan so that they stop check off. Btw she must be a drunkard or real spendthrift to be that irresponsible... A she! Sorry if you offended.
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
Pat87
#5 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 1:59:47 AM

Boris Boyka wrote:
Pat87 wrote:
murchr wrote:

I dont know.

Going for option 1 is okay. Now if it is a FOSA account you can block all withdrawals from it. If her Salary goes through that account it will be tricky! She also has to apply to for standing order to repay the loan so that they stop check off. Btw she must be a drunkard or real spendthrift to be that irresponsible... A she! Sorry if you offended.

NON TAKEN.
Not a drunkard ,just no financial discipline,she keeps topping up and for years even the small amounts add up to a bigger problem.i will enquire if its fosa,then will ask on blocking withdrawals and getting a standard order going.ubaya this ukulima sacco is not replying mails,i wish i knew a relationship manager from there to cordinate this with.
d'oh!
Boris Boyka
#6 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 10:36:16 AM

Pat87 wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
Pat87 wrote:
murchr wrote:

I dont know.

NON TAKEN.
Not a drunkard ,just no financial discipline,she keeps topping up and for years even the small amounts add up to a bigger problem.i will enquire if its fosa,then will ask on blocking withdrawals and getting a standard order going.ubaya this ukulima sacco is not replying mails,i wish i knew a relationship manager from there to cordinate this with.
d'oh!

Ukulima are VERY POOR at mails and phone calls. You just need to present yourself and put your point across. The employees also Sometimes don't have sufficient information You require. You'll have to move between reception, loan section and Fosa bank. After she does the letter authorizing standing order you also have to do follow up as they're very lazy. She and you must be present. I hope you're in Kenya and have patience as this can take a week to 3 months to implement.
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
MadDoc
#7 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 1:59:16 PM

Best not tempt fate. Pay it off directly
MadDoc
#8 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 2:00:48 PM

Second option is to open a joint account with her n place a standing order on it. Mandate will have to be both of you to sign
Pat87
#9 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 3:07:39 PM

Boris Boyka wrote:
Pat87 wrote:
Boris Boyka wrote:
Pat87 wrote:
murchr wrote:

I dont know.

NON TAKEN.
d'oh!

Ukulima are VERY POOR at mails and phone calls. You just need to present yourself and put your point across. The employees also Sometimes don't have sufficient information You require. You'll have to move between reception, loan section and Fosa bank. After she does the letter authorizing standing order you also have to do follow up as they're very lazy. She and you must be present. I hope you're in Kenya and have patience as this can take a week to 3 months to implement.

i am not in Kenya,i will try to get another family member to represent.
Pat87
#10 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 3:16:36 PM

MadDoc wrote:
Second option is to open a joint account with her n place a standing order on it. Mandate will have to be both of you to sign

I will look into it definitelysmile ,it may make the process easier for sure.