wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

39 Pages«<2627282930>»
Chase Bank loss...another case of cooking the books?
enyands
#541 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 5:13:02 PM

washiku wrote:
Othelo wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
enyands wrote:
Mtafiti wrote:
enyands wrote:
Everytime I remember issues about auditors takes me back to the days of mumias. These guys saw the rot happening because it was gradual but they loved misreporting.

Either the partners of the auditors were sorted with the by then MD or I don't know man.without mentioning names there is one notorious auditors loved by most crooked firms.

Internal Auditors are supposed to be the eye of the management and the external auditors are supposed to be eye of the shareholders and the public.these guys should be bound by legal oaths like the doctors hypocritical oaths after graduating .

Wuuuuuui! Influenza?

ICPAK has in the past withdrawn licences from some practising auditing firms due to glaring negligence and any detected collusion. Btw, they also de-register individual accountants and auditors. But it seems this happens for small firms.

How do you explain uchumi mwizi called Ciano who after stealing from uchumi was elected as a chairman of icpak and they didn't want to fire him after the story came up?

Dude, did you just make that upShame on you Shame on you

As mtafiti says, Ciano was not the Chairman, the current Chairman is Fernandes Barasa, before him was Benson Okundi

The dude made a mistake on overall Chair of ICPAK. However Jonathan Ciano was and (i think still is) the chair of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)’s disciplinary committee.

The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (Icpak) said it had asked Mr Ciano to step aside over allegations raised while he was the chief executive of Uchumi Supermarkets to allow for investigations.

http://www.standardmedia...s-accountants-committee

http://www.nation.co.ke/.../-/yuhvscz/-/index.html

THANK YOU WASHIKU .FOR A MINUTE I THOUGHT I'M HAVING DIMENSIA OR ALZHAIMER DISEASE.OBI what do you speaketh? ?? I think you must be an auditor with deloitte Laughing out loudly .you need hypocritical creed as I mentioned before for auditors .you are defending this guy Ciano sana!!Laughing out loudly
alma1
#542 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 5:19:19 PM

enyands wrote:
washiku wrote:
Othelo wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
enyands wrote:
Mtafiti wrote:
enyands wrote:
Everytime I remember issues about auditors takes me back to the days of mumias. These guys saw the rot happening because it was gradual but they loved misreporting.

Either the partners of the auditors were sorted with the by then MD or I don't know man.without mentioning names there is one notorious auditors loved by most crooked firms.

Internal Auditors are supposed to be the eye of the management and the external auditors are supposed to be eye of the shareholders and the public.these guys should be bound by legal oaths like the doctors hypocritical oaths after graduating .

Wuuuuuui! Influenza?

ICPAK has in the past withdrawn licences from some practising auditing firms due to glaring negligence and any detected collusion. Btw, they also de-register individual accountants and auditors. But it seems this happens for small firms.

How do you explain uchumi mwizi called Ciano who after stealing from uchumi was elected as a chairman of icpak and they didn't want to fire him after the story came up?

As mtafiti says, Ciano was not the Chairman, the current Chairman is Fernandes Barasa, before him was Benson Okundi

The dude made a mistake on overall Chair of ICPAK. However Jonathan Ciano was and (i think still is) the chair of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)’s disciplinary committee.

The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (Icpak) said it had asked Mr Ciano to step aside over allegations raised while he was the chief executive of Uchumi Supermarkets to allow for investigations.

THANK YOU WASHIKU .FOR A MINUTE I THOUGHT I'M HAVING DIMENSIA OR ALZHAIMER DISEASE.OBI what do you speaketh? ?? I think you must be an auditor with deloitte Laughing out loudly .you need hypocritical creed as I mentioned before for auditors .you are defending this guy Ciano sana!!Laughing out loudly

don't worry...chocho mendia shall keep these liars in check. Ask the Uchumi employees about the motivational speaker that was Ciano. So greedy he was selling his own sukumas.

Wazua blue section is part of the cabal and we shall take it over.

All the the fellows here are corporate thugs.

Just see their posts about this crook called Ciano. He was a lovely guy. Super fellow. Icpak et al. Search and you shall find the journalists and the so called "financial analysts"

apana
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

Mtafiti
#543 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 5:25:10 PM

enyands wrote:
washiku wrote:
Othelo wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
enyands wrote:
Mtafiti wrote:
enyands wrote:

Wuuuuuui! Influenza?

Wewe musee, drop this "hypocritical" word or we run away! Try "Hippocratical".

enyands
#544 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 5:29:54 PM

alma1 wrote:
enyands wrote:
washiku wrote:
Othelo wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
enyands wrote:
Mtafiti wrote:
enyands wrote:

Wuuuuuui! Influenza?

don't worry...chocho mendia shall keep these liars in check. Ask the Uchumi employees about the motivational speaker that was Ciano. So greedy he was selling his own sukumas.

Just see their posts about this crook called Ciano. He was a lovely guy. Super fellow. Icpak et al. Search and you shall find the journalists and the so called "financial analysts"

apana

I mentioned it once about some folks in blue who incite panic on some stock here at wazua and poor wanjiku would hurriedly sale good ones as on the other side the same blue guys constantly bug their brokers to purchase the same stocks at a lower price. I was put to task to substantiate my thoughts but of course I knew I got him especially and specifically. He might come here for me ... but for now nimevaa helmet as stones will come raining on me .alma1 will you protect me !!Laughing out loudly
mkenyan
#545 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 5:35:40 PM

Ethiteri wrote:
washiku wrote:
Ethiteri wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
So did anyone here attend the crazy wild parties at The Chairman of Chase's home? All the local Chase talent was showcased...

I did and never saw anything wild about the parties unless there were others that I was not in attendance.

The parties were mostly for Senior managers when one is employed and they were meant for bonding and making one feel at home at Chase.

Again for people who have some extra disposable income they mostly think of parties and since his family is mostly abroad why not host his" subjects" at Chase?

So Ethiteri you are/were a senior manager in Chase?smile smile smile Applause Applause

No Washiku,I was a service provider.Caterering of some sort which I think can be equated to that "gossiper on the loose"that Obiero has decided.smile smile smile

wild parties and service providers... what sort of service provider? could you have been fish catering fishy stuff?
Impunity
#546 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 5:39:14 PM

Mtafiti wrote:
enyands wrote:
Mtafiti wrote:
enyands wrote:

Wuuuuuui! Influenza?

Ciano is not and has never been the chairman of ICPAK!! He happens(d) to be in a certain committee in there. The current chair is one Barasa who inherited it from others not including Ciano.

Very Hippocratical.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

alma1
#547 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 5:39:41 PM

enyands wrote:
alma1 wrote:
enyands wrote:
washiku wrote:
Othelo wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
enyands wrote:
Mtafiti wrote:
enyands wrote:

Wuuuuuui! Influenza?

apana

I mentioned it once about some folks in blue who incite panic on some stock here at wazua and poor wanjiku would hurriedly sale good ones as on the other side the same blue guys constantly bug their brokers to purchase the same stocks at a lower price. I was put to task to substantiate my thoughts but of course I knew I got him especially and specifically. He might come here for me ... but for now nimevaa helmet as stones will come raining on me .alma1 will you protect me !!Laughing out loudly

Usijali, we know how to take care of these chocho mendia gurus. Lakini huko kwa porisi, please find Maka's and Mkenyan's numbers

Chocho mendia usijali. We know how to do deal with these people.

I still wonder.

When I posted here on this thread that someone on Chocho mendia was going to bring down the bank, why was I abused? By the usual Wazua kingpins.

Hii Kenya as someone posted here iko na wenyewe and Wazua is part of the game.

Hii blue section, let us learn how to speak in parables because they know more than they tell us in mbuzins
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

murchr
#548 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 6:04:34 PM

What is going on here

Business Daily wrote:
The bank’s former group managing director, Duncan Kabui, last week told criminal investigators that Deloitte was yet to complete its audit of the bank and submit a report to the board as is standard practice when the restated financial results were published on April 6.

“The final audit report does not exist and has not been completed. The bank’s auditors have not submitted the audit report to the board’s audit and risk committee for discussion and approval and to the full board as is practice,” Mr Kabui told investigators — raising questions as to the basis of the CBK’s action against the bank.
Mr Kabui says in his statement to the police that the so-called insider loans were assets held in Chase Iman’s joint ventures financed under Musharakah – a sharia-compliant investment platform where partners are entitled to a share of profits in a ratio that is mutually agreed.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
kamundu
#549 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 6:28:19 PM

kamundu wrote:
Ethiteri wrote:
kamundu wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
kamundu wrote:
http://www.mediamaxnetwork.co.ke/people-daily/212530/islamic-banking-could-be-behind-chase-banks-fall/

Discuss (10mks)

Sad

What does Dubai, Imperial , NBK and Chase have in common?d'oh!

Are you suggesting Islamic Window?Did Imperial have one?

I think Imperial did

http://www.businessdaily...-/12j0exkz/-/index.html

Sad
Peace in our Homeland.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#550 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 6:45:47 PM

enyands wrote:
washiku wrote:
Othelo wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
enyands wrote:
Mtafiti wrote:
enyands wrote:

Wuuuuuui! Influenza?

@Enyands, how now.

You said, Ciano was the chair of ICPAK, I told you he has never been.

The ICPAK disciplinary committee which he was chairing is actually appointed by the Treaury Secretary!! As per the article, ICPAK actually asked him to step aside due to conflict?

And yes, I am an Auditor.

Audit is the hardest profession in the world. The truth audit can almost never catch fraud, you have two weeks to untangle what people as qualified as you are took years to hide.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
muganda
#551 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 10:45:11 AM

MEANWHILE...
Plimsoul
#552 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 10:45:57 AM

This story keeps evolving in new ways every day.

http://www.businessdaily.../-/11l2t5s/-/index.html

"A senior State House official and a Safaricom executive were two days before Chase Bank collapsed paid back money they had invested in the bank through a private placement late last year, raising questions as to whether they had prior knowledge of the looming shutdown.

The two were among the select group of investors that Chase Bank had invited to participate in a Sh2.3 billion fundraiser, effectively making them shareholders in the company.

But in a move that has taken the banking fraternity by surprise and brought into question the integrity of Chase Bank’s operations before the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) took over its management, the select group of shareholders were paid back money they had invested in the private placement (share capital) just two days before the shutdown.

The transfers amounting to about Sh40 million were made on April 5, two days before the April 7 closure.

There are questions as to how Chase Bank allowed incoming shareholders to liquidate their stakes, given that shares can only be transferred to another investor but not withdrawn in the form of cash.

The upshot of the mysterious Chase Bank equity-to-cash conversion is that depositors are higher up in the compensation hierarchy in the event of bank liquidation, unlike shareholders who are the last to be paid.

Paul Njaga, the bank’s chief executive, caused the payments to be made through an email sent the same morning to his head of finance, Catherine Mugane. "
maka
#553 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 10:47:53 AM

Plimsoul wrote:

"A senior State House official and a Safaricom executive were two days before Chase Bank collapsed paid back money they had invested in the bank through a private placement late last year, raising questions as to whether they had prior knowledge of the looming shutdown. "

Ukora mtupu....
possunt quia posse videntur
Impunity
#554 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 12:51:06 PM

Plimsoul wrote:

"A senior State House official and a Safaricom executive were two days before Chase Bank collapsed paid back money they had invested in the bank through a private placement late last year, raising questions as to whether they had prior knowledge of the looming shutdown.

The two were among the select group of investors that Chase Bank had invited to participate in a Sh2.3 billion fundraiser, effectively making them shareholders in the company.

But in a move that has taken the banking fraternity by surprise and brought into question the integrity of Chase Bank’s operations before the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) took over its management, the select group of shareholders were paid back money they had invested in the private placement (share capital) just two days before the shutdown.

The transfers amounting to about Sh40 million were made on April 5, two days before the April 7 closure.

There are questions as to how Chase Bank allowed incoming shareholders to liquidate their stakes, given that shares can only be transferred to another investor but not withdrawn in the form of cash.

The upshot of the mysterious Chase Bank equity-to-cash conversion is that depositors are higher up in the compensation hierarchy in the event of bank liquidation, unlike shareholders who are the last to be paid.

Paul Njaga, the bank’s chief executive, caused the payments to be made through an email sent the same morning to his head of finance, Catherine Mugane. "

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO LIQUIDATE EQUITY?

Thats should form the first part of investigation.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

maka
#555 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 1:07:42 PM

GetIT411:
CBK Governor says they have received five local and foreign offers for buying out Chase Bank; wants prompt re-opening. www.capitalfm.co.ke
possunt quia posse videntur
sparkly
#556 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 1:43:26 PM

Impunity wrote:
Plimsoul wrote:

Proceeds of corruption/ kickbacks masquerading as a refund of equity.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Spikes
#557 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 1:50:53 PM

sparkly wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Plimsoul wrote:

Proceeds of corruption/ kickbacks masquerading as a refund of equity.

Money laundering barons disguised as top notch investors cleaning up the bootleg funds.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
whiteowl
#558 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 2:00:57 PM

muganda wrote:
MEANWHILE...

So after the 25B bank run that started months before it's closure, there was another bank run of guys cashing out equity? Anything is possible in Kenya.
sitaki.kujulikana
#559 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 3:25:45 PM

how comes its cbk listening and considering the offers to buy chase bank, does it mean once a bank is placed under receivership cbk owns it, what happens to the shareholders
Othelo
#560 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 4:13:20 PM

Regardless of who is PORK & DPORK, wheree can we get 20 Dr. Njoroges to head crucial institutions in this country. We can see change we have never experienced before!!!

1. Treasury CS

2. Treasury PS

3. Infrastructure CS

4. AG

5. CJ

6. Chief Prosecutor

Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.