wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

39 Pages«<2425262728>»
Chase Bank loss...another case of cooking the books?
enyands
#501 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 6:44:46 AM

Spikes wrote:
enyands wrote:
alma1 wrote:
streetwise wrote:
ICPAK ..they saw nothing wrong with uchumi being run down by their
Own !!!!!

Or it it just Kenyans way of doing things ???

Can they sue for feelings?

Coz i feel and I'm not undermining

After all even when I undermine my wife
kuna shida

So this is what I feel
As a depositor

I really what to see that law

mkenyan
maka

please help me

I was f***ed by Chase Bank

I feel like if
i get another bank
I'll die if

help me
coz njorge
cares about
me

I'm looking for a way
to pay
my way

But

Crickets
cricketk sound likest
stil trying to get my poem to ssst
crickets

All I want to say
is\
I can't say

But f*** you like honestly

my feelings

Alma1 out of curiosity ,did you do poetry

@enyands ukilala unaota na Wazua?

Kwanini ndugu yangu
Spikes
#502 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 8:37:41 AM

enyands wrote:
Spikes wrote:
enyands wrote:
alma1 wrote:
streetwise wrote:
Own !!!!!

kuna shida

So this is what I feel
As a depositor

mkenyan
maka

please help me

I feel like if
i get another bank
I'll die if

help me
coz njorge
cares about
me

I'm looking for a way
to pay
my way

But

Crickets
cricketk sound likest
crickets

All I want to say
is\
I can't say

my feelings

Kwanini ndugu yangu

Ninakuona online more often than anybody else.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
streetwise
#503 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 8:46:07 AM

I disagree the auditor is as much liable if he fails to bring out the issue as anyone else.

Remember the customer of the auditors reports is the public. If he gives out half information then he is lying to the public to who he has responsibility as a professional not to mis-inform

Am sure we know of the many cases were we suddenly get surprised what was cooking before the cat was let out
Ethiteri
#504 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 9:03:20 AM

I stand here or is it type here to spread good news and give hope to @Alma and any other affected depositor.

"Expect good news/relieving news on or before 1st May,2016.A workable formula is almost ready for people to access their funds."Keep hope alive.Let the 3 weeks mess be part of the "down" in the "Life is full of ups and downs"

Impunity
#505 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 9:06:00 AM

Spikes wrote:
enyands wrote:
Spikes wrote:
enyands wrote:
alma1 wrote:
streetwise wrote:
Own !!!!!

kuna shida

So this is what I feel
As a depositor

mkenyan
maka

please help me

I feel like if
i get another bank
I'll die if

help me
coz njorge
cares about
me

I'm looking for a way
to pay
my way

But

Crickets
cricketk sound likest
crickets

All I want to say
is\
I can't say

my feelings

Kwanini ndugu yangu

Ninakuona online more often than anybody else.

Na wewe huwanga offline ukimuona?

Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Impunity
#506 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 9:36:13 AM

Ethiteri wrote:
I stand here or is it type here to spread good news and give hope to @Alma and any other affected depositor.

"Expect good news/relieving news on or before 1st May,2016.A workable formula is almost ready for people to access their funds."Keep hope alive.Let the 3 weeks mess be part of the "down" in the "Life is full of ups and downs"

Only those with deposits up to KES. 100,000 will be paid full deposits...the big boys will have to wait much longer.

iris
#507 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 9:44:29 AM

streetwise wrote:
I disagree the auditor is as much liable if he fails to bring out the issue as anyone else.

Remember the customer of the auditors reports is the public. If he gives out half information then he is lying to the public to who he has responsibility as a professional not to mis-inform

Am sure we know of the many cases were we suddenly get surprised what was cooking before the cat was let out

@streetwise, from a strictly Wanjiku point of view, I am disagreeing with your disagreement. Who is really the auditor's client? Your ideal of the public is just an ideal. I have long been puzzled by the fact that an organization hires and PAYS an auditor, who is then supposed to be more loyal to the public than the organization. This may perhaps work in a highly regulated society, but here? I imagine a really tough and straight auditing firm will get very few assignments from our less than straight banks. May be the regulator should assign auditors and pay from a fund contributed by said organizations?
Ethiteri
#508 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 9:59:27 AM

Impunity wrote:
Ethiteri wrote:

Only those with deposits up to KES. 100,000 will be paid full deposits...the big boys will have to wait much longer.

Hoping I wont swallow my words...

It is everybody this time round not the 100k guys only.The arrangement is akin to a buy-off or takeover that will restore normalcy.

Spread hope bwana @Impunity.
Swenani
#509 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 10:12:45 AM

iris wrote:
streetwise wrote:

@streetwise, from a strictly Wanjiku point of view, I am disagreeing with your disagreement. Who is really the auditor's client? Your ideal of the public is just an ideal. I have long been puzzled by the fact that an organization hires and PAYS an auditor, who is then supposed to be more loyal to the public than the organization. This may perhaps work in a highly regulated society, but here? I imagine a really tough and straight auditing firm will get very few assignments from our less than straight banks. May be the regulator should assign auditors and pay from a fund contributed by said organizations?

I ideally, the auditors should be appointed by the directors/board of directors who represent the interests of the shareholder.The auditors should express an opinion on the financial statements prepared by management for shareholders
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Swenani
#510 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 10:17:35 AM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
don't know with exact details what auditors do, so forgive my ignorance on the same, but how comes they missed what has been mentioned to be a whooping 8 billion shillings hole, Or their role is just to rubber stamp what the directors forward to them.

The role of the auditos is NOT to detect fraud but to check on the strengths of the internal control systems in place and express an opinion on financial statements prepared BY management
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
washiku
#511 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 10:19:33 AM

Ethiteri wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Ethiteri wrote:

It is everybody this time round not the 100k guys only.The arrangement is akin to a buy-off or takeover that will restore normalcy.

Hizi story munatoa wapi? At least mine is below the 100k so nitapata yote.smile
iris
#512 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 10:26:07 AM

Swenani wrote:
iris wrote:
streetwise wrote:

I ideally, the auditors should be appointed by the directors/board of directors who represent the interests of the shareholder.The auditors should express an opinion on the financial statements prepared by management for shareholders

Where do you draw the lines in such banks as Equity, where JM is Management/Director/Shareholder. Even in other scenarios, really independent boards are hard to come by.
moneydust
#513 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 11:20:02 AM

Deloitte and Chase bank

If this is true then the auditors have really screwed this bank
Ethiteri
#514 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 11:42:17 AM

washiku wrote:
Ethiteri wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Ethiteri wrote:

Hizi story munatoa wapi? At least mine is below the 100k so nitapata yote.smile

wewe unataka story ama the source?We are connected and we know peoplesmile smile

You will get your money.Usiwe doubting Thomaso
Impunity
#515 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 12:17:13 PM

Ethiteri wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Ethiteri wrote:

Will Chase bank remain as Shase bank or it will be bought and the name changed completely?

KulaRaha
#516 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 12:19:10 PM

So did anyone here attend the crazy wild parties at The Chairman of Chase's home? All the local Chase talent was showcased...
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Impunity
#517 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 12:22:02 PM

moneydust wrote:
Deloitte and Chase bank

And why did Chase Bank mixed the two different "banking ideologies" into one?
No excuses for them.

If you want to run an Imam bank, open one and run as such but dont mix it with the mainline banking.

shocks
#518 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 12:31:43 PM

moneydust wrote:
Deloitte and Chase bank

What does the standard say about this, how do other banks handle it, any experts around.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#519 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 12:33:03 PM

moneydust wrote:
Deloitte and Chase bank

This article is a classic defense move by the director(s).

The issue is simple, did the bank advance 7.9Bn,
Ans; yes

To whom?

What is so difficult with the director saying in this article (or to the CID) that these loans were advanced to person ABC who are not associated with the bank, therefore the insider classification is wrong!!

Ama!!

Trying to explain this whole mess as some Islamic banking treatment is BS. Infact I would be curious to know whose names are on the mentioned properties

The BD articles today read like paid adverts by the Directors, attempting to claw back lost ground.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
Obi 1 Kanobi
#520 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 12:41:40 PM

shocks wrote:
moneydust wrote:
Deloitte and Chase bank

What does the standard say about this, how do other banks handle it, any experts around.

IFRS or even the prudential guidelines do not differentiate between conventional and Islamic banking and they don't need to coz in both forms the spirit is the same. A loan is a loan.

They only diverge in that Islamic banking requires you to agree the interest upfront in its entirety and its not called interest but rather profit share.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins