wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

39 Pages«<2223242526>»
Chase Bank loss...another case of cooking the books?
butterflyke
#461 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 8:56:15 AM

maka wrote:
instinct wrote:
Mainat wrote:
@ricdees-I think the diaspora angle has some truth to it (too straight for the kenyan market), but why did PN stick it out for so long and risk his reputation given he has plenty back where he came from?
i think you left out the f re kcb, sivyo?
Kusema ukweli, apart from maybe dtb, there are few banks you can bank on in 254

DTB? this is where we go wrong. we fall for color and glamour. its board is 100% Indian. what do they have to hide?

Nothing...why are you stereotyping???

@maka, I hate to disagree with you :) but I happen to have the same sentiments. There is some unraveling that needs to take place within some members of the community and links to fraud and tax evasion. Starting from Delphis Bank, Trust Bank, Imperial Bank.....there is a thread that runs through that one cannot ignore....
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
MaichBlack
#462 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 9:38:23 AM

Mike Ock wrote:
kollabo wrote:
Impunity wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
[quote=Mike Ock]Blogger Owaahh, who thoroughly researched the Imperial Bank case, now has come with another good analysis, not only of the current banking situation, but of the history of bandia banks in Kenya. I'm sorry Chase Bank depositors, directors have been fleecing banks since the 80s and so far no restitution or jailtime: http://owaahh.com/kenyan-banks-fail/[/quote]

Read 11000 times in 24 hours. The traditional media is on its death bed. Btw apart from Jaindi Kisero, all the others are crap. Citizen TV is the worst in business journalism.

That one @Terryanne chebet is a shallow b**ty in matters biashara!

I have always thought so.

Very hard to find a pretty lady who is well versed in business matters. Call me sexist if you like, but before you do, please produce counter evidence first. I think TV stations would rather just hire fine girls, then hope they learn about biz on the job.

Most reporters/journalists (both male and female) have absolutely no understanding of what they report on. They rely on people in the background to do all the research and feed them with data/information.

The problem comes in when these reporters/journalists report other people's thoughts for some time and imagine they have become an authority!

Just watch live interviews when the interviewee steers the conversation in another direction (that the reporter/journalist had not prepped for) and see how quickly things go south. Or suddenly "we will be back after the break" - after the producers realize their person is making a fool of themselves!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Othelo
#463 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 9:43:12 AM

I remember when that Kiambu guy was fleecing Wanjiku his hard earned cash in the name of forex trading. He was hosted on many prime time shows and the type of discussions and debates that were held were shallow and wanting. At least #wazua was alert and kept on poking holes in that type of 'investment'. As usual, the rest is history!!!
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
MaichBlack
#464 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 9:53:02 AM

Rahatupu wrote:

The usual shenanigans aka afrocinema in the making from our beloved senators! Opus' days ahead will be rocky.

The drama begins

Some of these MPs, Senators and other politicians are like the mafia. They try to benefit from everything from banking to garbage collection!!!

For those not in the know, let me tell you how it works. These politicians have guys on the inside all over. These guys sniff any corrupt dealings going on and report back to their master. The politician then approaches the corrupt fellows in person or using emissaries and blackmail/threaten the fellows. These includes threatening to raise the issue in parliament, talking to the press, bringing a bill in parliament etc. The corrupt fellows agree to play ball and the politician is given several millions, depending on the amount being made and everything is swept under the carpet.

Case in point. The Waiguru issue. There was one fellow who was her chief supporter issuing statements right left and center. When the sh!t hit the fan, his name came up, Waiguru mentioned names and the chief supporter turned against the same Waiguru!!!

When you hear these politicians issuing statements, they are probably protecting themselves. They know that if we get to the bottom of this, their names will definitely come up. So they muddy the waters well in advance! Others didn't get the original cut but have now received their scuttling allowance and have gone to work! Welcome to Kenya!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
alma1
#465 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 10:58:34 AM

This Chase story should be a thesis in corruption

Corrupt board members, corrupt media who don't report shit, corrupt bloggers who just payuka based on how much, and even corrupt gov't that has still not taken anyone to court.

And the stories are all convoluted. From Islamic banking to now this story. Just follow this TL

Let's not forget our esteemed MP's who are very wise when asking to the governor to tell the masses which bank is having a bad day.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

sitaki.kujulikana
#466 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 11:49:46 AM

hapa I am on the menu, can't understand whatever is being talked about in tongues. Just crossing my fingers no one at the table picks the menu item that I am on.
when a bank goes under, what amount of deposit is one assured will be returned, I think at this rate its just better to spread oneself thn across all the banks.
Ngalaka
#467 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 12:23:24 PM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
hapa I am on the menu, can't understand whatever is being talked about in tongues. Just crossing my fingers no one at the table picks the menu item that I am on.
when a bank goes under, what amount of deposit is one assured will be returned, I think at this rate its just better to spread oneself thn across all the banks.

Sad state of affairs!

What can we do as a people to better our lot! Living at the mercy of sharks whose appetite for blood shoots up as electioneering period approaches is not the most reassuring thing!
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
Ethiteri
#468 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 12:48:09 PM

alma1 wrote:

Corrupt board members, corrupt media who don't report shit, corrupt bloggers who just payuka based on how much, and even corrupt gov't that has still not taken anyone to court.

And the stories are all convoluted. From Islamic banking to now this story. Just follow this TL

Let's not forget our esteemed MP's who are very wise when asking to the governor to tell the masses which bank is having a bad day.

The bottom line is that CHASE WAS/STILL IS A STRONG BANK but we chose to kick it harder when it was down.

The problems could gave been sorted away from the public and today we would still be operating.Governance and leadership problems.

In this republik we have people called "mbari ya gathukia".They rejoice when bad things are happening to other people.I have faith that Chase will reopen soon.
Impunity
#469 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 1:29:33 PM

Ngalaka wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:

Sad state of affairs!

What can we do as a people to better our lot! Leaving at the mercy of sharks whose appetite for blood shoots up as electioneering period approaches is not the most reassuring thing!

Put your money together as a group and buy hard properties...seems sensible for now.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Othelo
#470 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 1:45:41 PM

Impunity wrote:
Ngalaka wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:

Sad state of affairs!

What can we do as a people to better our lot! Leaving at the mercy of sharks whose appetite for blood shoots up as electioneering period approaches is not the most reassuring thing!

Put your money together as a group and buy hard properties...seems sensible for now.

Hata hapo kuna ukora......... smile
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
Ngalaka
#471 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 1:47:15 PM

Impunity wrote:
Ngalaka wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:

Sad state of affairs!

What can we do as a people to better our lot! Living at the mercy of sharks whose appetite for blood shoots up as electioneering period approaches is not the most reassuring thing!

As long as you operate within +254, you can not be safe from the mafioso.
They will get you whenever they wish to - using different tactics.

We must endeavor to live in a fairly straight and clean environment business wise.
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
Rahatupu
#472 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 1:50:34 PM

alma1 wrote:

@Alma, Mafia economy works by the Mafioso taking care of everyone in the food chain. From the bank teller, manager, directors, regulators (including auditors), police, prosecutors, court clerks, judges, politicians.... whoever else.
Impunity
#473 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 2:06:29 PM

Ngalaka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Ngalaka wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:

Sad state of affairs!

As long as you operate within +254, you can not be safe from the mafioso.
They will get you whenever they wish to - using different tactics.

We must endeavor to live in a fairly straight and clean environment business wise.

Then the only better option is to join them and become them and terrorize those who dont want to join them.

alma1
#474 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 2:11:25 PM

Rahatupu wrote:
alma1 wrote:

@Alma, Mafia economy works by the Mafioso taking care of everyone in the food chain. From the bank teller, manager, directors, regulators (including auditors), police, prosecutors, court clerks, judges, politicians.... whoever else.

I think you used the right words here.

Mafia

Look at these so called betting companies popping up. One of them is allegedly owned by a family member who allegedly is wanted in another country for alleged fraud. Yet they are safi kama pamba all smiles.

But ohhhh Kenyans will go betting with them. Not realising they are cleaning mafia money.

I support impunity this time. I'll keep my money in my burning "brankets"

I trust no one with my money. Those saying property, all I can tell you is shauri yenu.

On another note. Why is it that only lions are escaping from Nairobi National Park and not giraffe, gazelle or even snakes?
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

Ethiteri
#475 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 2:49:12 PM

alma1 wrote:
Rahatupu wrote:
alma1 wrote:

Mafia

Look at these so called betting companies popping up. One of them is allegedly owned by a family member who allegedly is wanted in another country for alleged fraud. Yet they are safi kama pamba all smiles.

But ohhhh Kenyans will go betting with them. Not realising they are cleaning mafia money.

I trust no one with my money. Those saying property, all I can tell you is shauri yenu.

On another note. Why is it that only lions are escaping from Nairobi National Park and not giraffe, gazelle or even snakes?

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Obviously the ones you have mentioned are harmless or maybe we can deal with them.But a lion we must be warned to take cover.Hence the warnings about lions.

A giraffe outside your house is a beauty to behold.A snake we have stones,sticks,pangas and mean looking jamas to deal with it.Gazelles is ready supper😊
Impunity
#476 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 2:54:24 PM

alma1 wrote:
Rahatupu wrote:
alma1 wrote:

Mafia

Lions are much prized and killing one or getting one kill a person sends a strong info to world; then the park will be relocated leaving out a chunk of prime proti.
Giraffes or gazzeles hazina mbei.

Rahatupu
#477 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 3:51:49 PM

[/quote]

Lions are much prized and killing one or getting one kill a person sends a strong info to world; then the park will be relocated leaving out a chunk of prime proti.
Giraffes or gazzeles hazina mbei.[/quote]

@Alma, Bandito economy is ran by a system that is designed by the good people but like all systems there exists loopholes and weaknesses in systems. Take our constitution for example. In all its well meaning freedoms are also freedoms of people to be set free on bond, legal technicalities etc that the Mafioso exploit. beside the system is short circuited from within so that the real players are not exposed. The case of lions well lets wait and see maybe the usual Mashamba suspects will be revealed.
dunkang
#478 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 8:21:59 PM

Did the word "STRONG" change its meaning?

This BS been spread here that Chase Bank was and still is a "STRONG" bank should STOP. Chase Bank was a fraud. A fraud waiting to be exposed just like any other before it.

STRONG - able to withstand great force or pressure.
synonyms: secure, well built, indestructible, well fortified, well protected, impregnable, solid
"a strong fortress"
durable, hardwearing, heavy-duty, industrial-strength, tough, sturdy, well made, long-lasting
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

enyands
#479 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 8:47:12 PM

alma1 wrote:
Rahatupu wrote:
alma1 wrote:

Mafia

Kama karura inaaenda what's national park. Lions are released for a reason. Stupid mpigs should say something but they are targeting that piece too .impunity everywhere . Gazelle and snakes don't bite or if they do the bite is less but a lion , it makes shiver run down in people's spine even before it bites.

We kenyans are angry people. Kenyans are like water boiling at the bottom waiting to spill over . It will reach a time when people will go for these very goons on street.I saw it in Chase bank when employees threaten the ceo and chairman.watu wameanza kuchoka. Watch this pace ....
enyands
#480 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 11:51:46 PM

Been thinking when these guys wanted to arrest bloggers they did it real quick, but these guys who are making some kenyans commit suicide I haven't heard of any arrest .

How can I become tanzania citizen legally .I wish mafughuli can help kenya

Just read today's paper standard. Seems there are some mpigs who can reason .interesting . They are talking to death penalty of such directors who swindle money from kenyans.